• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well, thanks for the game, Falc. I really screwed my side over, didn't I?

The seers did a very good job. Both enk and Suirantes were at the bottom of my list. Enk did raise my suspicions on that last day, though.

I'm especially sorry to reis for hunting him. This just proves the rule "Don't watch football and send in hunt orders". Or did I get that wrong?

Actually, I have one question. You claim you simply forgot that Reis was a packmate.

However, you sent that hunt order to your entire pack, including Reis. And I could understand that if the PM system had a 'Reply to all' button, but it doesn't...

(Right? I mean, I've looked everywhere for one and there isn't, right?)

I was lucky to scan the other seer on day 3, although madtemplar went AWOL and didn't scan anyone on day 1.

Actually, I have one question. You claim you simply forgot that Reis was a packmate.

However, you sent that hunt order to your entire pack, including Reis. And I could understand that if the PM system had a 'Reply to all' button, but it doesn't...

(Right? I mean, I've looked everywhere for one and there isn't, right?)

Yes, but I had forgotten who my packmates were, so I wrote the order, then shuffled through my old PMs for five minutes and just added the names and clicked send.

You guise mean to say that Reis received the hunt order with his name on it... and did nothing ?

Priceless.

In his defence, it was 10 minutes to deadline...

And he spent most of that day arguing yet couldn't send in an order.

misc-genius.svg

One question: How do we feel the two-seer thing worked out?

Personally, I think this game and the previous game both showed that the unbeatable JL of doom is still well alive and kicking with a divided seer power.

However, there are two things to take note of here.
1) Both games had outcomes that could just as easily have occurred with a single seer. As such, I think this setup certainly is not *worse* than a single seer.
2) One of the things that the split seer thing allows more is more shenanigans from the wolves. As in, pretending to be a Seer gets easier.
That, however, did not happen in either game.

However, in that vein, Falc made two tiny changes to the rules that I used that had a very large impact on the wolves' ability to fake scans.
a) Declaring in the rules that there is an odd and an even seer.
b) Telling seers when they scan other seers.

Both of those changes meant that the ability for wolves to fake scan results was harder than necessary. As such, I'd like for the next game to revert those bits so that the amount of information on the *other* seer is as limited as possible for either camp of seers.

One question: How do we feel the two-seer thing worked out?

Personally, I think this game and the previous game both showed that the unbeatable JL of doom is still well alive and kicking with a divided seer power.

This game showed that when wolves hunt their packmate, they lose. The wolves would have been in pretty great shape if they'd hunted someone else the day I was lynched.

It proves that people not playing the game don't win.

No shenanigans ? Seriously, that's the first thing i'd have done.

I think paradox WW is pretty much dead. Look at the thread, how many people were active and actually played the game ? The simple fact Enk could sub in 2 times tells a lot.

I think paradox WW is pretty much dead. Look at the thread, how many people were active and actually played the game ? The simple fact Enk could sub in 2 times tells a lot.

No, wrong example. Even back in days I have subbed twice. :)

Seers should scan as wolves.

Seers should scan as wolves.

Hahaha, amazing idea! Would make for some fun scenarios when both seers scan each other at the same time...

Thats not true I was active. I just happened to think I had voted when I hadnt because I was busy with diplomacy.

GM's AAR

SETUP
-----

Nothing much to say about the setup, except perhaps about the fact that I announced the Seers would be scanning on alternating nights. Honestly, it never occurred to me to do it any other way, so I didn't think twice about stating it openly. Maybe keeping quiet is a bit better for the wolves, but I don't think it'd make much difference.

I had to start with an empty spot, which I think I handled quite acceptably. I allowed for every possible case, be it Wolf, Seer or Villager and just let the game play out as naturally as possible.

NIGHT 0
-------

I receive this gem from Reis:

Standing order is signup order, with Fibonacci numbers ascending first, then odd numbers descending, then powers of two, then remaining pair numbers ascending. Excluding members of our pack, obviously.

Well, okay. Fine by me, I'm enough of a math geek to decipher this. But I can't help wondering if the rest of the pack didn't take this as a joke. A few of the subsequent hunt orders indicated they were done in haste because no order had been sent yet, so maybe, in a way, Reis signed his own death warrant with this...

Nothing much to say about the rest. Cakravarti scans Najs, the wolves hunt Enkhuush who subs into the vacant spot.

NIGHT 1
-------

Things start off with Boris asking for a hunt on Suirantes, but not CC'ing the rest of his pack.

Esemesas then asks for a hunt on Cakravarti. This is a bit of a turning point, because Ese states that his hunt is in case no other hunt was ordered yet. This makes it a bit of a judgment call on my part, but I feel this means I have to execute Boris' hunt.

I did inform Ese of this and got his approval before the actual deadline, though, but the fact is that I was forced into playing a big part here. I mean, if Ese hadn't made his hunt sort of conditional, I could have just accepted it, or I could have informed him of Boris' previous order, which might have then changed Ese's mind. Hunting one of the Seers this early would have been a game changer for the Wolves...

Bottom line is, even if you go into the game fully committed to not having any effect on it either way, even the slightest detail can change the game.

Meanwhile, Reis' inbox is full so he doesn't even know what's going on.

THE_SPLIT doesn't vote, madtemplar0 doesn't vote, Tornadoli doesn't vote. That's THREE inactives on day 1. I nearly tear my hair out. One Wolf, one Villager AND the Seer that should have scanned that night but didn't.

So right now the game is off the rails, on fire and heading straight for the concrete wall, as far as I'm concerned. Tornadoli makes everything a bit easier by being lynched, but I still have two people unaccounted for.

I did write an update lynching them both, but at the last minute I decide to let the group make the choice. I hate autolynching, it's always unfair for some side. Okay, this time, it would have been one unfair hit on both sides, but still. In the end, the group leans towards leaving those spots open for subbing.

Followed by this gem from EUROO7:

I want to sub for the wolf.

Yeah, I can see how he might think this was funny, but I can assure you, if he had been standing next to me, I'd have knocked him out.

HOW ON EARTH AM I SUPPOSED TO RESPOND TO THAT? I cannot give him SPLIT's place, it would be too obvious. Unless I accept it and then assign him a spot at random. But I had just clearly stated that I wanted people who subbed in to choose who they were subbing for. Yet, if I resist EUROO7 too much, that'll draw suspicion too! And the clock is tocking and I need to be at work in the morning.

So I fire off a joking acceptance, in hope to get him off my back.

EUROO7, I mean it, if you had repeated that request one more time, I'd have sent a message to JL to force you to back down.

:rofl:

EDIT: :laugh:

NIGHT 2
-------

Suirantes ends up picking madtemplar0's open spot. Now, to be honest, I never even considered giving him a bonus scan to make up for the lost one, but okay, in hindsight, maybe it's something I should have considered. But in a way, I really wasn't in the mood to affect the game even more.

Cakravarti scans randakar and has a nice 3-man JL. It's only now that I start getting some of their PMs, mostly through randakar. This was Cakravarti's first game as Seer and from what little I could tell, he didn't do too well with the PMs at first. But that's for them to tell.

The Wolves hunt yakman while enkhuush dies a second time.

No-one seems interested in THE_SPLIT's spot.

NIGHT 3
-------

Another odd numbered night, another odd night...

9 minutes before deadline, I get a hunt order from Esemesas.
On Reis.
His packmate.
Who's in CC of that message.

Let me tell you, those were some very tense minutes. Should I point this out? Should I keep quiet? Will any of the other wolves spot it in time? Yet again, I'm forced into a situation where anything I do will have an effect on the game. If I speak up, Reis doens't get hunted and maybe the Wolves win the game. And merely because of this, if I don't speak up, then I will also have an effect...

I end up sticking to my strategy so far: hands off, don't do anything unless you absolutely have to. So RIP Reis...

In the other camp, we have Suirantes using his first scan on Cakravarti, the other Seer.
Cakravarti, who doesn't vote that day.
I swear I was about to break stuff...

Luckily, sticking to the hands off approach seems to be the right tactic. Enkhuush subs back in again for Cakravarti and we get our united JL.

Now, yes, I did simply reveal to Suirantes that he had scanned the other Seer. I had not particularly thought about this, but simply saying it wasn't a wolf would have ma de no difference, would it. Suirantes would have made contact and Enkhuush would have revealed his Seership, no?

And then we go back to the Wolves' side where snoopdogg gets lynched and finally takes THE_SPLIT's place in the pack.

I'll sub for The_Splitwolf.

Note the small but crucial difference with EURO's previous sub request...

One thing I'm quite convinced of: snoopdogg managed to survive as last Wolf due to the lack of information on him because his spot had been inactive for 3 full days.

NIGHT 4
=======

Back to some normalcy. Boris the Wolf is lynched, randakar is hunted and Rendap is scanned.

NIGHT 5
=======

End of the game. With Esemesas the Wolf lynched, tamius hunted and drxav scanned, the game is left with a 5-man JL and 1 Wolf and nothing else.

In a way, this is perhaps the most representative night of the game. The wolves managed to hunt ONE single JL member, Randakar, while the Seers didn't scan a single Wolf!

In a way, this makes me disagree with Randy's opinion that this was yet another "Iron JL of Doom". The JL did nothing, they just got lucky by surviving until the end.

Falc, you fool. :laugh: