• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Next thing you know, the Swiss will declare war.

Also, that island is Corsica.

Oh. By the way. I'm planning on implementing Population into this game.

Your thoughts, if you will.

OOC: The League of Armed Farmality cannot be held down by petty game rules!

EDIT: If you introduce population, I'll be sad because I'll be dead last. Except maybe for Alsace-Lorraine. Maybe not even Alsace-Lorraine.

OOC: I think having population would be good. What kind of ways would it affect the game?

Soldiers mostly. It would also be an indication if your population likes your country or not (I/E Negative growth rate means you either need to plug up a hole in migration, or you seriously need some reforms to your country.)

True. It would also allow for any highly liberal South American nation be given a shot at becoming a superpower, if they reform well enough and if they get enough immigration.

Also, I think it would just be interesting to have a population in this game.

OOC: Eh. Sounds like an alright idea to me. As long as I get millions of European immigrants fleeing from the European disaster so that I can use them as diamond-mining sla-- err, I mean, so I can show just how much better Transvaal is than Europe. ;)

OOC: It's harder for people to escape a landlocked country which has warring neighbours, right?

OOC :

OOC: So when can we expect Brazil to take French Guyana? :p
Also, the French Alps and that one island are looking pretty vulnerable right now Italy ;)
Me and Seek have the right idea, staying aside and farming :)

Hmmm, maybe, if i get some support and guarantees that France won't be able to touch me, that is.

Oh. By the way. I'm planning on implementing Population into this game.

Your thoughts, if you will.

It's nice, but i need to warn, Brazil was seen as more stable than its neighbours on that period (mostly because of the monarchy, it was really stable), and therefore got way more immigration...
Brazil was considered by some (like the US itself) as the other emerging power on the americas...ofc, that all ended when the monarchy was overthrown in a coup and we got a bunch of incompetents ruling the country until 1930, when the old republic was destroyed, in fact, Vargas (he was both a dictator and a elected president during the time) was by far our best president...few of our policians managed to do something nice, and when they did, it was not really all that...

If anything, a brazilian player that plays its cards rights can become WAY stronger than on OTL :rolleyes:
I'm starting to think that i should just follow what Dom Pedro II done on OTL...i seriously need his popularity right now, it would allow me to do anything i wanted with the country :D

True. It would also allow for any highly liberal South American nation be given a shot at becoming a superpower, if they reform well enough and if they get enough immigration.

Also, I think it would just be interesting to have a population in this game.

OOC: Please take into account geographical space as a factor limiting growth, though. It is no good to do all the reforms and have everyone wanting to go to your country, but you also need space to house them, industries to create jobs for them, etc. All those things take up space.

scaled.php

Italy Will remain neutral in the conflict between France and The Eighth Coalition.

Her Majesties Government is pleased by Spanish intervention. We will however publicly press on them that any peace negotiations in this war shall be done as an alliance and that should they be seen to abandon the cause, we will be most displeased.​

OOC: Yay, the cannonfodder has arrived! Pity they arent up too much...

Last edited:
OOC: Im a bit busy with my domestics. Plus I have better things to take with my colonial forces, like juicy, practically unguarded French colonies.