• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Come to think of it...heirs dying before assuming the crown don't count as a succession here, right?

I would say it doesn't count, since you haven't actually started "ruling" yet.

Although to be stuck in an eternal regency council isn't a good idea either.

Great AAR - I always like reading about these succession games!

One question: is there any point in hiring an advisor that gives you a national tax modifier? His salary is 0.2 per month, and he gives 2% bonus, which is only bigger than his salary if your tax income at 100% efficiency is at least 20 gold per month. Does Bavaria have that? If so, I am quite surprised...

Great AAR - I always like reading about these succession games!

One question: is there any point in hiring an advisor that gives you a national tax modifier? His salary is 0.2 per month, and he gives 2% bonus, which is only bigger than his salary if your tax income at 100% efficiency is at least 20 gold per month. Does Bavaria have that? If so, I am quite surprised...

I don't think that Bavaria had tax income at 100% efficiency, but I really didn't have a wide selection of advisors to start with. :)

I don't think that Bavaria had tax income at 100% efficiency, but I really didn't have a wide selection of advisors to start with. :)

Why keep an advisor when he is clearly damaging your economy? You are paying him 0.2 per month and gaining something like 0.01 or so in return. If there is nothing else that the advisor does (barring a chance of an event related to him, I don't think there are any other hidden modifiers), he is, literally, a waste of your money.

Just a thought :)

P.S. I messed up the maths in my previous post - you need to have a tax income of 10 or more @ 100% efficiency for any tax improver to be useful. Still this is larger than what Bavaria has right now...

Why keep an advisor when he is clearly damaging your economy? You are paying him 0.2 per month and gaining something like 0.01 or so in return. If there is nothing else that the advisor does (barring a chance of an event related to him, I don't think there are any other hidden modifiers), he is, literally, a waste of your money.

Just a thought :)

P.S. I messed up the maths in my previous post - you need to have a tax income of 10 or more @ 100% efficiency for any tax improver to be useful. Still this is larger than what Bavaria has right now...

Well the Duke liked the guy! What more do you want? ;)

Brief update: Currently we're against Ottomans and losing badly. :)

Stop spoiling the surprises and lets have an update when you can post one! :D

True.

If he doesn't get his update up sometime in the next 30 hours, we may just have to skip him. :(

Which would be horrible, because the thought of losing two war is actually kind of exciting to me. :D

Regency of Karl I of Bavaria. (1422-1427)
Regency began in 27 April, 1422, just a day after the old king passed away. For Karl I, he inherited 5 provinces, several vassals and his father's war against heathen Golden Horde.

4345597822_beb24e8bff_o.jpg
It was not him who ruled Bavaria in those five years. Real rulers were his father's advisors. They want to continue his father's legacy and go to war against Ottomans for defending Achaea from them.

4344863611_21a0444c30_o.jpg
With two wars are running simultaneous and losing badly against Golden Horde, Bavaria began retreating their troops via Poland territory. While exhausted Bavarian troops passing by Sieradz, they heard Pommerania declared war against Poland. Without order of the king his troops began attacking nearby Pommeranian towns.

4344869795_820f7fb509_o.jpg
As Poland was attacked from two side they decided to cede Bessarabia to Golden Horde, thus Christians lost to Mongols!

Then voting began for Reichsreform.

4344878203_8a60b55aaa_o.jpg
Reichsreform passed... The sad day for Bavaria.

4344882263_7ed4df14f3_o.jpg
And then Karl I reached 16 and his reign began.

4345628190_435e20eea5_o.jpg
He took swift decisions to end pointless wars for Bavaria. First Bavaria gave up Corfu to Ottomans.

4344889187_988a659a70_o.jpg
Next vassalized Pommerania.

4345632488_e63cf54f1d_o.jpg
Finally Bavaria is at peace.

But what's that little hint about another war with your good friend and faithful ally Ragusa! That was sneaky of you to put that just down there in the corner! :p