• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congrats on your progress!
It's an iteresting thing thet NIs, unlike vanilla and MM, give both bonuses and penalties. Bureaucracy with its many boosts comes with a price tag attached now. How long does it take you to regain lost stability?

Thanks. :) Yes, NI's are more interesting and there are less useless ideas.

Still cheap, a stability point takes a couple of months if I invest into it. At game start, I could gain stability in a month. :eek: So it is getting worse and should continue to do so.

Enough manpower to conquer the world!

Hopefully. :D

That was a nasty general

Which one? I can think of several who might apply. :p

Glad to have you reading!

Are we going to see a possible push into Central America from Cuzco? Very good stuff regardless, you seem to be making alot of cash via production, CoTs etc., you have a large army and no neighbours capable of worrying you, it seems. Now all thats needed is some time to get those sliders sorted out.

I attempt PUs with every single Central American nation that is without an heir at any point. Unfortunately, that's all I can do as I don't have a way to explore the TI or build ships.

Beating Chimu certainly leaves me with no threat in South America anymore.

Indeed, makies picking NI a bit more challenging. Although i guess some work still needs to be done on them.

Yes - they are good, definitely the most inspiring I've seen, but I believe some balancing is still required.

Well done smashing Chimu!

This mod looks very interesting. I think I'm going to try it out with my free time before Divine Wind is released.

Thanks. :) Yes, NI's are more interesting and there are less useless ideas.

Still cheap, a stability point takes a couple of months if I invest into it. At game start, I could gain stability in a month. :eek: So it is getting worse and should continue to do so.

Hopefully. :D

Which one? I can think of several who might apply. :p

Glad to have you reading!

I attempt PUs with every single Central American nation that is without an heir at any point. Unfortunately, that's all I can do as I don't have a way to explore the TI or build ships.

Beating Chimu certainly leaves me with no threat in South America anymore.

Yes - they are good, definitely the most inspiring I've seen, but I believe some balancing is still required.

The shock 6 one in particular

I think that playing in this mod is not such a challenge as playing chimu in regular EU III. I Would just say that it is nice conquest thou. But i suppose that you have bigger aspirations than just your part of the world, am i right?

Well done smashing Chimu!

This mod looks very interesting. I think I'm going to try it out with my free time before Divine Wind is released.

Thanks! Yeah I definitely recommend it - it's my favorite of the ones out there right now (of course I haven't played every obscure mod, and some of the ones I have may have improved with new versions that I haven't tried). At least give some Balkan nation a try if the region interests you, that area rocks in MEIOU. :)

The shock 6 one in particular

Yes. ;)

I think that playing in this mod is not such a challenge as playing chimu in regular EU III. I Would just say that it is nice conquest thou. But i suppose that you have bigger aspirations than just your part of the world, am i right?

It's certainly easier but, more importantly, there's much more to do in this area. In vanilla HTTT you'd eat your neighbors and sit around, in IN get just under the tribal succession crisis limit and sit around. I'm sure this game will involve some of that too, but for now we're almost forty years into the AAR and there hasn't been a real slow period.

Yes I certainly aim to get out of my little region. But the only ways to do that is to inherit a Central American tribe and/or meet Europeans and westernize. Unfortunately, both are at least partially things that I can't control. I'm doing what I can, but if it takes an eternity for something to happen after I'm done with South America, then that just means that there'll be an eternity long chapter at some point. ;)

Happy to have you following! :)

The consolidation in Central America hasn't exactly helped your chances of inheriting, but if you do manage it it will make for some interesting wars - unless you manage to grab Chichen Itza or Tenochtitlan in which case it's over as soon as it starts.

I'd also missed that you could reform to the Incas. Does that come with any nice bonuses?

The consolidation in Central America hasn't exactly helped your chances of inheriting, but if you do manage it it will make for some interesting wars - unless you manage to grab Chichen Itza or Tenochtitlan in which case it's over as soon as it starts.

Entirely true. However, like I said at the end of the latest chapter, there's something interesting going on in Central America. In fact, most of the next update will cover that area instead of Cuzco.

I'd also missed that you could reform to the Incas. Does that come with any nice bonuses?

No wonder you "missed" it. The decision became visible in an update that had over 20 screenshots, and it was one of the shots that I had to leave out. :eek:o I should have added it later but I forgot.

It's a pretty standard nation forming decision. It gives cores to all of the inhabited South American lands (pretty much useless - you need all the capitals cored to take the decision so it's likely that everything is cored when you do it), +1 base tax to a province, a bit of prestige and, most importantly, 2 centralized. That's the only part I get excited about gameplay-wise, as I can really use the free slider moves. I desperately need to move innovative for westernization, expansionist for colonists when they become available, and quality for my armies to suck less, so any extra moves are useful.

Of course, I'm also excited by the fact that as soon as I take the decision I've officially surpassed the historical Cuzco -> Inca Empire. :cool:

unless you manage to grab Chichen Itza or Tenochtitlan in which case it's over as soon as it starts.

You have to throw more of this stuff here - I started playing further ahead after reading your comment and got a claim on Tenochtitlan pretty much instantly. :D Been sitting on it for some years now. The Tenochtitlan ruler is getting long in the tooth, so there's hope again... Then again, this wouldn't be the first time in this game someone gets an heir at an age where I'm pretty much expecting a PU. We'll see when I have time to continue.

And now to wait europeans ??? :)

There's still some cleaning up to be done in South America. ;) Afterwards, either that, or hope for a PU in Central America.

I dabbled in Central American politics further, guaranteeing people to possibly become alliance leader and vassalize someone. However, I'm only the alliance leader for nations that can't beat anyone, so it seems that it's not a good idea. The chances that I get something out of it are very low, and my relations suffer so much that I can't afford the bribes required to get potential PU targets back to RM territory.

Happy to have you following! :)

You mean me, or us? ;) Still not matter me or us, we apreciate it ;)

Suppose it is ussual that AAR that is going on have much people watching it.

I would say that you can just expand by colonizing bordering provinces, before any of those thing you aim, happen ;). (best would be to aim colonization north - northwest, but i suppose you know it ;))

I hope u can inherite whole central america because that would be cool + u would be unstoppable at that point :D

Hehe. :D My preference would be inheriting some small Central American nation: I'd get into that region, but I'd also get another good campaign in while waiting for the Europeans.

You mean me, or us? ;) Still not matter me or us, we apreciate it ;)

You, in this case. ;) I believe you hadn't commented here before (correct me if I'm wrong) so I just wanted to say hi. :D

I would say that you can just expand by colonizing bordering provinces, before any of those thing you aim, happen ;). (best would be to aim colonization north - northwest, but i suppose you know it ;))

In this mod, it's next to impossible to get any colonists at this point in the game. Believe me, colonization would have been a high priority if I could do it.

You, in this case. ;) I believe you hadn't commented here before (correct me if I'm wrong) so I just wanted to say hi. :D

I would just say i feel some "merchant kindness" in it, but it's ok ;). Anyway i always try to comment sensible.

In this mod, it's next to impossible to get any colonists at this point in the game. Believe me, colonization would have been a high priority if I could do it.

Pitty, still i can't be sure, but you can gain colonies from event, am i right? Whatever, your first aim, should be colonization if you would want to take NI. So i suppose you should take the +1 colonist idea.

Pitty, still i can't be sure, but you can gain colonies from event, am i right? Whatever, your first aim, should be colonization if you would want to take NI. So i suppose you should take the +1 colonist idea.

If i may intervene... In MEIOU, the availlability of colonists has changed completely compared to vanilla. Buildings, ideas, sliders,etc, don't give colonists directly.

In this thread, you'll find a spreadsheet explaining the availlability of colonists. In short, it depends on you having Quest For New Trade Routes (QFTNW in vanilla) idea (or later on other ideas) and on the trade tech level. then the number of colonists will also depend on your expansionism slider and on your nation's population.

Note that QFNTR first requires the Merchant Venture idea. ;)

Thanks for the explanation gigau, I'm sure you can do a better job on stuff like that than I can, knowing all the details. ;)

Good gains against Chimu. So you don't get a fraction of a colonist through coastal CoTs in MEIOU?

Thanks. No, just via QFTNW or trade tech level. Details in gigau's post above this one. ;)

I would just say i feel some "merchant kindness" in it, but it's ok ;).

I'm sad if it comes across like that. I find it no different than smiling when you meet someone - just random politeness to hopefully make the world a little bit happier place. :D And personally as a readAAR, when I follow an AAR a kind word from the authAAR does make me feel like throwing comments out there instead of just lurking. I simply go by what I like to write and what I'd like to read - much like with the AAR itself.

Pitty, still i can't be sure, but you can gain colonies from event, am i right?

I believe the vanilla event that colonizes an adjacent empty province is still there. But it's a rare one and, once again, something that I can't control. :( Of course I can maximize odds by making sure that I have as many provinces as possible... :p

The rest was answered by gigau. :)

I am in love with this AAR! I crave new updates!

Certainly happy to hear that! :D And you're in luck: Chapter Eleven will be up in minutes.

Chapter Eleven
1393-1395

Let's start by taking a look at the Mayan Conquest of Mixtecalt (September 1390-February 1397).

The war pits Tenochtitlan against Chichen Itza for the first time. In addition to Tenochtitlan and Mixtecalt, Chichen Itza faces Acolhua, Tlacopan and Tlaxcala, which is the alliance leader for some reason.

By August 1391, Chichen Itza has grabbed a province from both Mixtecalt (1) and Tenochtitlan (2), while Acolhua has taken a Chichen Itza province (3).

13_01.jpg

Things start to look interesting in 1392, when Mixtecalt grabs from Chichen Itza not only their own province, but the originally Tenochtitlan province as well. In the Mayan lands, Tlacopan has taken two provinces (in pink).

13_02.jpg

The next year sees Chichen Itza lose two more provinces to Acolhua (1, 2) and one to Mixtecalt (3).

13_03.jpg

In March 1394, Chichen Itza signs white peace with both Tlacopan and Mixtecalt, losing two and one province(s), respectively. This also means that Mixtecalt has managed to steal a Tenochtitlan province.

Late in the year, Tenochtitlan escapes with one province lost. Chichen Itza regains a province that they lost to Acolhua (1), but loses two to Tlaxcala (2, 3). This is the first territory change for the alliance leader.

13_04.jpg

In 1395, Chichen Itza takes back one of the provinces they had lost to Acolhua, and signs peace with the tribe. Acolhua managed to keep one province.

By February 1397, the war has grown silent. Chichen Itza has managed to regain one of the provinces Tlaxcala had taken, and is content to make peace at this point, finally ending the war.

13_05.jpg

Overall, Tenochtitlan loses one of their twelve provinces, while Chichen Itza loses a whopping five of their sixteen. The benefit goes to the minors: Mixtecalt gains one province from each, Tlacopan two from Chichen Itza, and Acolhua and Tlaxcala a Chichen Itza province each.

Chichen Itza losing power might be a good thing for Tenochtitlan, but still I have to be happy to see stronger minors. More nations means more PU opportunities, so any development that should make the minors last longer is a good thing in my mind.

I'm also hoping for the re-emergence of the Copan tribe via rebels - their core provinces are now disconnected from the rest of the Chichen Itza provinces. I support this via funding nationalist rebels.

Back to Cuzco. Soon after the war with Chimu, Yahuar Hacuac Chilche (whom, from a gameplay perspective, I should replace - no way!) is seen wearing even more shiny things thanks to the new mines in Tumbes and Huancauilcas.

Everyone wanting to imitate him gives a nice boost to Cuzco's economy for the next two years.

13_06.jpg

For the most part, these years are filled with rebels (plenty of them).

Cochabamba's fortification situation is yet to be rectified. In March 1394, I decide to take a chance and try the other option instead of the one I've used earlier (immediate repair for 50 ducats): establishing a bureau of engineers.

13_07.jpg

I could spare the fifty ducats, but I simply want to find out how this works as I have never tried this option before.

The results are seen only four months later. Either I'm really lucky here or this option is the way to go to solve this problem.

13_08.jpg

In October, I get some excellent news.

13_09.jpg

Sweet - that's an entirely free .6 reduction in total.

The chances for diploannexing Chancay have gone up to Maybe, but I'm not getting it done despite a LOT of tries with a DIP 8 ruler by this time, the last few with the higher chance. Frankly I don't have the infamy room right now, but I keep spamming the demands regardless. After all, why care when I don't seem to succeed anyway (okay, in reality I'm just mindlessly spamming since that's what I've been doing for the past decade and a half, instead of paying attention...)?

13_10.jpg

...oops.

13_11.jpg

Personally I'd be waiting for Mesoamerican consolidation the spelling looks a nightmare :)

Rebels are of course good and breaking the BB limit is Johan's way of saving you diplomats.

If you add those other provinces will that control your precious metal inflation?

Good progress overall!

Edit : Had a look at the MEIOU reference sheets - absolutely love the idea Tea improves Discipline.

Last edited:
Rebels are of course good

You would say that!

Just when you want to stay inside BB limit, you annex. Take the oppotunity to take out the rest of South America.Then on to Meso America and North America. Your main foe could well be rebels until the Europeans arrive.

It is so important to stay up with the latest fashion for wearing gold. Cuzco shold introduce more of its neighbours to her way of life. I think you've been lucky in the generals you've had.