• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I think with those losses, a peace settlement would be nessesary. And Vancouver is switching hands sooooo many times the people there must be on constant edge.

Nah. To the people living in Vancouver, being occupied is like a light switch: "On" means "Friends" and "Off" means "Foe".

I hope you will split your conquest in three parts to not make them to powerful, after all they are on an different continent across the worlds greatest ocean, if they broke loose and gained support from others you would have to do the invasion again. This is my plan:

First only annes the pacific coast and the rockies, controlling parts of Texas or the great plains would just be hard, all of the mountainious areas and the coastline would be a preferrable border.

Three nations:

Cascadia; the northern republic, consists of the states of Washington, Oregon, Idaho, British Columbia and the mountanious parts of Montana as well as the southern alaskan coastline. (the thin one), so the borders looks pretty.

California; the strongest one, consist of California, Nevada and alla of the states south of oregon-idaho, like Utah, and the mountanious parts of new mexiico, colorado and so on. And Baja California, the California peninsula in mexico.

Central American Federation; The rest of mexico and maybe som central american nations, like guatemala and whoever you are in war with.

Alaska and Hawaii and the panama canal (if you are at war with panama, and maybe even if you aren't) should be annexed into the empire proper.

Sure the coastline is pretty, but controlling 70.000.000 million armed americans and mexicans could be a bit hard even for the imperial army.

Indeed! This must not die!

Perhaps this is an American plot to stave off defeat by preventing another update from being posted.

Nah its just me being busy with RL. Remember, this aar is only dead when I come out and say its dead and finished. I just need to make some events before I can continue going on from the point I am ingame.

I will get around to doing that whenever I do, then I will continue, but I am not setting any timetables.

Real Life...the American counterweapon to Japan's Nostalgia Bombs. :excl:

Noooo, they have found an antidote for the effects of our Nostalgia weaponry! :eek::(

I disappointed you, my Emperor...

I'm Back.

The entirety of New Mexico falls to Japanese and Allied forces. In the process, Japanese units capture the massive military airbase located at the infamous "Area 51" complex. Rumours that Japanese soldiers discovered the wreckage of crashed UFO's and prototypes of highly advanced technology within secret hangars and bunkers at the base are quickly denied by Japanese leaders...
fallofroswell.png

In Canada, fighting rages for the city of Regina. Commonwealth forces lead a major counterattack to retake the city, but they are soon pounded into the dirt by intense Japanese tank fire.
siegeofregina.png

In the south, Japanese and Allied units march along the north and south banks of the Rio Grande river, clearing out enemy presence before Japanese commanders order them to halt at Midland, Texas.
riograndeoffensive.png

With the last group of major US forces in Western Canada now unable to protect Alaska, Japanese commanders order a major landing to take control of the remote American state. This time, Japanese forces are backed up by thousands of Korean Army units. This time, Alaska will fall, and fall permanently!
anchorageisjapanese.png

The bloody and ruined city of Vancouver once again comes under siege by Japanese led armies. Coalition troops, down to their last reserves in the area, fight to the death to hold their ground, with some battles even descending into Hand to Hand combat between American and Japanese soldiers within the tight confines of blasted skyscrapers and apartment buildings. Immense and painful casualties begin to mount on both sides...
siegeofvancouver4.png

Before at long last, Vancouver falls for the last time to Japanese troops. The battered remnants of coalition forces flee to northern British Columbia, while bloodied but proud Japanese forces lock down control of the city. The battles for the city have made Japanese soldiers pay a high price for victory, as many of their comrades have been killed and wounded in the fighting. For example, this elite Commando brigade group, once made up of 6 full brigades of soldiers, now only consists of two battered and understrength brigades, unfit for further combat. The bloody fighting has also given Vancouver a new nickname: "Canada's Stalingrad".
4bdesgone.png

The North American Front by summer, 2021. The entirety of the Western United States is now in Japanese hands. Alaska is falling to Japanese and Korean armies, northern Mexico has fallen, and many of Canada's major western cities are all in Japanese hands. The fighting is far from over however, and Japan's enemies show no signs of giving up the fight just yet.
americanfrontjuly2021.png

Japanese generals order all forces in Canadian territory to begin clearing their northern flanks of enemy presence. First, at Prince George, the remnants of the enemy force that had been holding Vancouver are cornered and wiped out by heavy attacks.
fallofprincegeorge.png

Next, Edmonton falls to Japanese troops.
fallofedmonton.png

With enemy forces in Western Canada now falling apart, a general advance is ordered to clear the entirety of Western Canada of Coalition presence. Coalition troops in the region begin to quickly fall apart from the fury of the Japanese/Allied offensive.
westerncanadaoffensive.png

The Coalition forces are still a dangerous foe however, and counterattack without hesitation wherever they can. At Regina, US forces lead a major offensive to retake Saskatchewan's capital city. Japanese tanks lead the defense of the city, but they begin to take heavy casualties from powerful enemy Anti-Tank weapons being used by their mechanized infantry divisions. With casualties mounting, Japanese commanders order the city to be abandoned to the Coalition forces.
siegeofregina2.png

The enemy is not done with their offensive when Regina is taken. US forces also begin to push back into Montana, pushing Japanese paratroopers and mechanized infantry out of the town of Fort Peck.
fortpeck.png

In Alberta, the Western Canadian offensive culminates in the destruction of the last Coalition units holding out in Fort McMurray, the heart of Canada's massive Tarsands Oil mining industry. Before the last Coalition forces withdraw from the region to Saskatchewan, they are able to sabotage many of the important tarsands infrastructure in the region, blowing up pipelines, oil refineries, storage facilities, mining equipment, and even go so far as to empty a few tailings ponds to delay the Japanese advance. Despite their efforts, which cause monumental environmental damage on a scale never before seen in Alberta, they only postpone the inevitable fall of the region to Japanese forces.
battleofthetarsands.png

By August 9th, all of Western Canada is secured by Japanese forces. However, much more will soon be needed to bring an end to the war. Brand new reserves that Mexico, Canada, and America have been training and equipping over the last few months are now being pressed into service to defend the homelands of their respective nations, and will soon be arriving at the front to combat the Japanese onslaught. Japanese commanders prepare themselves, as the enemy is far from being finished in the battle for North America.
enemyreserves.png

Hooray, it's back. :D:D:D:D:D

And this time, Japan won't stop until it imposes its will upon the WHOLE world.

BANZAI!!!!!!!!

Let's see how will those reserves fare against our advancing hordes. And since those reserves aren't so well prepared for the horrors of Japanese-operated war machine as the skilled soldiers before were, extensive use of Nostalgia Bombs is adviced.

Area 51, eh? Time to increase Japan's arsenal of fictional aliens!

The North Americans are down to old men and children. The reserves won't save them.

Nice note about Area 51. I want to believe!

Quebec never wanted to be part of Canada, and with the casualties rising with tens of thousands of young Quebecoise dying on the plains in western Canada for no reason, and now several tens of thousands more have been forced into the reserves... already marching to the slaughterhouse...

Quebec knows that the Japanese is not interrested in eastern north America, and might even see Quebec as an ally... maybe this is the time... for Quebec to take, revenge for all this years of british oppression...

Je me souviens... Vive le Québec!

@Asalto:I guess I didn't have enough of them. They really gave me a good lashing....

@pat97ryk: I doubt they would be too happy since their homes are largely in ruins and their economy is basically shattered, not to mention they are now under Japanese occupation.

@MarkusH: No independent Quebec, now or ever.

@everyone else: Thanks for the comments!

Reinvigorated with new units, the Americans are fighting harder and harder for every piece of ground taken. Here, in West Texas, the Americans launch a major offensive to drive Japanese troops out of the region. Unable to sustain prolonged combat due to massive manpower shortages, Japanese troops flee to the west.
battleofmidland.png

To the south, a General Offensive is ordered against Mexico. Japanese commanders order their forces on the ground to march deep into the country, towards Mexico City and beyond, with the ultimate goal of finally overrunning the entire country.
mexicopush.png

Meanwhile, Japanese forces attempt to retake lost ground in Texas, but the strain of months of intense combat is now felt very painfully on their units. Many Japanese formations are understrength and unable to hold ground in the face of ferocious and reinvigorated American attacks. Midland is once again lost, a very bad sign of the state of the Japanese Army at this point.
ijaexhausted.png

Air battles in North America have been somewhat of a rarity, since the US Air Force suffered painful losses during years of previous battles, compounded with a lack of resources due to greater emphasis on ground units in American military production. Japan's air force has been mostly inactive due to the lack of any real opposition in the air, with only rare cases of air combat actually taking place on the continent. Here for instance, Japanese fighters rip apart some Colombian Air Force units which attempt to bomb Japanese forces in Mexico.
colombianaf.png

In Canada, Japanese and Korean soldiers invade Saskatchewan, hoping to overrun the entire province and bring it under Japanese control.
battleofsaskatchewan.png

Meanwhile, in Colorado, US forces launch a very major counterattack out of the great plains to try and retake the state from Japanese forces. The Americans throw everything they have into this offensive, and even use old mothballed M60A3 medium tanks that have been pressed back into service in the battle for their homeland. The attack at first looks like it may achieve a breakthrough, but Japanese and Allied Forces in the area, which are still largely intact due to relative inactivity in this region, are able to blunt the American counterattack and force their units to withdraw from combat.
coloradocounterattack.png

In Canad however, the situation becomes much bleaker. A massive Canadian Army formation, almost half a million troops in strength, punches against Japanese lines in southern Saskatchewan, driving hard down the Trans Canada highway to liberate Canadian territory. Vastly outnumbered and outgunned by this surprise Canadian attack, Japanese forces flee to the west. (BTW, I don't know why the AI did this, but they took the reinforcements they got from the "reserves" event, simply grouped them all in one huge army, and started gallivanting into battle with it. I sorta gave it the name "The Canadian Doomstack". Very strange, especially since I don't remember ever giving them THAT many soldiers...)
angrycanadians.png

In Mexico, fighting is reaching brand new levels of intensity as major Japanese led forces battle it out with Mexico's newly mobilized infantry forces near Mexico City. The Mexican Army is fighting very hard to hold its ground and drive the Japanese forces out of their country, but Japanese troops are equally as determined to hold at all costs and drive the enemy further and further south.
bigmexicobattles.png

Heavy fighting is also breaking out in New Mexico, as the Americans move to recapture Roswell and the major airbase at Area 51. Japanese trucks full of "sensitive" cargo leave the base en route to California, while Japanese and Allied troops try to hold back the American onslaught. Eventually, the enemy forces break through, smashing some Manchukuo Army units before they retake the Roswell area.
battleofroswell.png

tankimage8.jpg

Mexico City: the largest urban area in all of North America is now besieged by Japanese and Allied armies attacking from the north. Hoping for a quick breakthrough against battered and demoralized Mexican conscripts, instead, they are faced with intense resistance by fiercely determined Mexican Army soldiers, backed up with thousands of expeditionary troops from the United States Army. Intense enemy firepower, deep in-depth urban defenses, and strong manpower reserves stonewall the Japanese Army's advance into the city, forcing the attack to be abandoned. The defeat at Mexico City is a very bitter one for the Japanese army, as it effectively ends the advance of the entire Japanese force that is trying to march south. Further advances into Mexico are called off, until reinforcements arrive and enemy resistance is weakened out by attrition and airstrikes.
mexicoadvancefailure.png

2008916154039094c290b5c.jpg

In Canada, the massive Canadian army that marched into Regina now pushes deeper into Japanese occupied territory. The Canadians send everything they have into a huge attack towards Edmonton, in order to liberate the entire Canadian prairies from Japanese control. Japanese commanders now order their forces to withdraw, in preparations for luring the Canadian forces into a major trap.
canadiandoomstack.png

To try to relieve pressure from the Northern and Southern fronts, Japanese and Korean troops go on the offensive in Nebraska, Kansas, and South Dakota. They attack concentrations of enemy troops in all three states and force them to flee their positions, inflicting huge losses on the enemy in the process. It is hoped that this attack will force the Americans to divert additional US and Canadian Army units to the area to maintain their defensive lines, but Japanese commanders cannot tell if they have achieved the desired effect, as enemy presence in more contested areas is still formidable.
centraloffensive.png

In New Mexico meanwhile, Roswell is once again taken by Japanese forces, inflicting major casualties on the Americans before their battered units flee to the east.
roswellcounterattack.png

The American Front, October 2021. More ground has been gained, but mounting casualties are taking a greater and greater toll on the ability of the Japanese Army and its Allies to make further offensives. Advances in Mexico have been ground to a halt, and gains in Canada are under greater and greater threat from mounting US/Canadian Army resistance. Texas, North Dakota, and New Mexico have also been the scenes of renewed fighting against reinvigorated American units, which have been gradually wearing away at the Japanese Army's ability to take and hold ground. A general sense has emerged within Japanese High Command that the war in North America has begun to greatly bog down. If a decisive change does not occur soon, Japan could find itself stuck in a quagmire that will become harder and harder to win, barring some sort of diplomatic settlement with the Americans and their remaining allies.
octobermeatgrinder.png