• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How do you change currency on GG? I've looked and can't find the option anywhere, but there must be one, right? I mean it'd be pretty ridiculous for a global website to only display prices in one currency... Anyone know?

I pre-ordered but that was more because I got the money now and I'm might be moving at any time within the next 6 months. But I wouldn't deny that some kind of pre-order bonus would be very welcome, I just hope that if PI decide to add a bonus it retroactive for those who already pre-ordered it.

Otherwise I would like to thank PI making CK2, I never stopped playing CK1.

We got quite alot of things planned for those who pre-order it. I expect details to come out during the next 2 months.

How do you change currency on GG? I've looked and can't find the option anywhere, but there must be one, right? I mean it'd be pretty ridiculous for a global website to only display prices in one currency... Anyone know?

I can choose "national settings" in the left column under "help". there I can choose between english and swedish and EUR or SEK, I guess it is dependant on were you live in the world, wouldn't your IP tell Gamersgate that?

Otherwise ask at gamersgate since PI and gamersgate are 2 separate companies.

Occasionaly I get price in US dollars instead of GBP even after registering my location. I got Sengoku for $29.95( approx £19) when it was selling for £24.95. Feels like cheating but I'm not arguing.

In a mail from Fredrik II, the CEO and main owner of the company to some people internally this morning.

"me and Johan discussed how to create a non-Steam CK2 GM. There will be one and we are doing our best to deliver on time."

So yes, there will be a non-steam GM, and gamersgate will sell that one, and it will be released at the same time as the steam version is.

Any idea of how patching will work for the non-Steam version? I remember some talk before about the Steam version possibly being the only one to get beta patches.

Occasionaly I get price in US dollars instead of GBP even after registering my location. I got Sengoku for $29.95( approx £19) when it was selling for £24.95. Feels like cheating but I'm not arguing.

Are you sure about that? Because when I buy at GG although I have the prices set to SEK, when processing the payment I see the price in EUR despite I have paid in SEK.

In a mail from Fredrik II, the CEO and main owner of the company to some people internally this morning.

"me and Johan discussed how to create a non-Steam CK2 GM. There will be one and we are doing our best to deliver on time."

So yes, there will be a non-steam GM, and gamersgate will sell that one, and it will be released at the same time as the steam version is.

Great news!

(This isn't Steam hatred on my part, I have a huge library of Steam games. But with Paradox games I often want to run specific patches or expansions, or have multiple copies, for mod compatibility. And that means the Steam auto-updater becomes a pain, rather than being handy)

We got quite alot of things planned for those who pre-order it. I expect details to come out during the next 2 months.

Is that only for those who preorder it on GG/Steam, or will there also be goodies for those who preorder a physical copy through play.com and the like?

"me and Johan discussed how to create a non-Steam CK2 GM."

Johan and I ;) :p

I can choose "national settings" in the left column under "help". there I can choose between english and swedish and EUR or SEK, I guess it is dependant on were you live in the world, wouldn't your IP tell Gamersgate that?

Well I'm in th UK and it only seems to want to display in USD for me. I looked through the settings and couldn't find anything but I'll go take another look based on what you've told me. Thanks.

EDIT: Just signed into GG (for the first time since installing a new HDD a couple of weeks back) and it's now automagically displaying prices in real moneys... Kind of weird but I'll stop complaining about that now :)

Are you sure about that? Because when I buy at GG although I have the prices set to SEK, when processing the payment I see the price in EUR despite I have paid in SEK.

Definitely sure. I checked my account history before I posted to make sure I hadn't dreamt it. Some prices are in USD. Of course on Paypal receipt it all shows in GBP.

The actual price [after exchange rate] of games on GG seems to differ depending on the currency you are charged in. Sometimes it's cheaper in GBP than USD sometimes the other way round. Most of the time when I log in it is in GBP but like I say occasionally the prices are shown in USD.

Is that only for those who preorder it on GG/Steam, or will there also be goodies for those who preorder a physical copy through play.com and the like?

pretty sure its just digital download perks though.

That is what I needed to hear. Pre-ordered!