Ad Astra! ... an Aurora Forum Game, run by blue emu

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Our first two Blink class high speed scouts are finished, clearing those two slips. I could either build two more of them, or prepare to lay down a fifth and sixth Hero, or retool to start refitting the Attitudes and Stars. Opinions?

If they run into FAC or fighters, there is a chance of them getting pasted. Perhaps another two wouldn't hurt?

We have finished retooling two two-slip shipyards for Heros, and the ESN Agamemnon, ESN Achilles, ESN Ajax and ESN Bryant have been laid down. ETA: two years and four months.

What do the Hero-class do?

20,000-ton Battlecruisers, each carrying:

Eight size-6 Anti-ship missile launchers (with warheads capable of penetrating three layers of armor) under two ECCM-capable fire controls, to improve penetration of the enemy's point defenses;

Six size-1 Anti-missile missile launchers (with warheads just large enough to destroy incoming missiles) under two point defense fire controls, to enable them to engage two incoming enemy missile salvos simultaneously;

Magazine storage for 56 size-6 ASMs and 86 size-1 AMMs.

Energy Shields capable of absorbing the first fifteen points of damage from enemy fire;

Seven layers of our most advanced armor;

A CIWS (close-in weapons system) which provides a last line of defense against any enemy missile salvos which penetrate our PD screen;

Advanced sensor arrays with a lock-on range of 70 million km;

A jump drive large enough to jump the 20,000-ton Constellation class Fleet Carriers in-and-out of contested star systems. This is in fact the Heros main purpose.

Our first two Blink class high speed scouts are finished, clearing those two slips. I could either build two more of them, or prepare to lay down a fifth and sixth Hero, or retool to start refitting the Attitudes and Stars. Opinions?

Update the slips with more tonnage

Update the slips with more tonnage

That can be done concurrently with ship construction. At the moment, I want to see how our mineral supply holds up with nineteen ships under construction or in refit simultaneously.

Names that remind of success are better than those reminding of failure or undue difficulty.

What are you talking about, those operations was sucessfull. You just needed to be on the right side. :p

Scientist Henri A'Aazrof has completed his research into Cloaking Effectiveness 85%, and has started research into a project intended to allow more compact cloaking devices.

We are now up to 79 active research labs on Earth, with more being shipped in from El Dorado.

For the first time in at least ten years, our monthly balance has dipped below zero and we are now losing about $11 per day... no doubt due to the tremendous expansion in our research and shipbuilding. The matter is not much of a concern, however, since over the course of the past ten years we have been able to save up about $320,000 in the bank.

For the first time in at least ten years, our monthly balance has dipped below zero and we are now losing about $11 per day... no doubt due to the tremendous expansion in our research and shipbuilding. The matter is not much of a concern, however, since over the course of the past ten years we have been able to save up about $320,000 in the bank.

"Read my beak. No new taxes!"

We don't need taxes, we merely need MOAR TRADE.

Found another terraforming station on El Dorado, and another free tech that improves our terraforming rate.

I'm starting to question the theory that this might have been the Prix's home world... why would the need so many terraforming stations on their home planet? For cleaning up the aftermath of nuclear bombardment?

Found another terraforming station on El Dorado, and another free tech that improves our terraforming rate.

I'm starting to question the theory that this might have been the Prix's home world... why would the need so many terraforming stations on their home planet? For cleaning up the aftermath of nuclear bombardment?

Maybe terraforming stations load for another planets and there was an attack.

Maybe years of industrial pollution had altered the planet's climate and this was their way of counteracting potential extinction.

They were a galaxy spanning empire, so it seems unlikely that the first system we go for is their home. Especially since it was on the edge of an area loaded with Prix systems, if I recall the galaxy map correctly.

I'd be more inclined to call it a frontier sector capital.