• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I am fully absorbed by CK2 and can admit I have not come back to playing Sengoku, but I have been keeping my eye on the forum. I am hoping to see mods by chatnoir17 and a little love from PI bring this title up to speed in the coming months. I find myself missing certain aspects of it and wishing there was a CK2:Sengoku.

Thanks for your kind words on my mod. If you find something in CK2 which should be included in MIH, please let me know. :)

After the release of CK2, Paradox might have more time to look at old works. EU3 gets new beta patches, so I hope they will release Sengoku ver.1.05 with some new features (adoption, more moddability, or some CK2 mechanics).

zero activity on this forum

IMHO the whole project was a cheap CK2 spinoff to jump on the STW2-Samurai-bandwagon. And honestly I felt sorry for the money I`ve spend right from the start.

IMHO the whole project was a cheap CK2 spinoff to jump on the STW2-Samurai-bandwagon. And honestly I felt sorry for the money I`ve spend right from the start.

If you own Sengoku, why didn't register the game? If you look at the mod sub forum and play my mod, your opinion might be changed.

Even though all Paradox games are played as 'conquest games' (maybe with the exception of CK2, but not CK1), Sengoku is the only one that really presents that to you as an object and makes it reasonably possible. Otherwise, it seems like the game was a side project, an idea targeting the Asian history market whose interest in strategy games was peaked when Shogun Total War 2 came out. I wonder if they'll ever make an expansion.

The mechanics of the game seem really interesting, and there's certainly a lot of marketing potential in its smooth play.

I wish the mods section of the Sengoku forum was open to the public. I wasn't too impressed with the demo, but I might purchase the game if I saw some cool mods for it.

Or, at the very least, how about a mod highlight thread in the main Sengoku forum?

It's a real pity that the mod forum isn't visible, as I think that a lot of those who are unsure about getting Sengoku, would probably get more interested about the game when seeing chatnoirs mod.

I wish the mods section of the Sengoku forum was open to the public. I wasn't too impressed with the demo, but I might purchase the game if I saw some cool mods for it.

Or, at the very least, how about a mod highlight thread in the main Sengoku forum?

Here is the description of my mod. The scenarios are not completed and event texts needs to be written, but there are some improvements than vanilla.
Code:
[SIZE=2]I. Scenarios of several interesting periods in the Japanese history
1. The Genpei War(1180)
2. The Nanbokucho Period(1333)
3. The Reign of Ashikaga Yoshimitsu(1399)
4. the Onin War(1467)
5. The Birth of Oda Nobunaga(1534)
6. The Rise of Nobunaga(1551)
7. The Battle of Okehazama(1560)
8. The Anti-Nobunaga Alliance(1571)
9. The Death of Nobunaga(1582)
10. The Battle of Sekigahara(1600)

II. Expanded Family Trees for Historical Characters
These 10 scenarios mean of course the significant increase of  characters, however MIH added their ancestors too. For example, the clan  members of the Shimazu or Date appear in each scenario, and these  characters are tied with the father-son relationship between 1180 (or  earlier) and 1600.

III. Expanded Game Mechanics
The following features are already added in MIH.

[B]1. Additional events
[/B]a. Interactions with the Imperial Court
b. Seasonal events
c. Educational events
d. Historical events for each scenario
e. Building events

[B]2. More thrilling battle
[/B]a. x3 Movement of the Army
b. Siege check in each 15 days

[B]3. Provincial management[/B]
a. altered building effects of castles and cities
b. added new guild buildings
c. All provinces are specialized as economical base or military base.

[B]4. New traits with Japanese virtues and kanji
[/B]Since the traits of vanilla contain some Western virtues and  icons such as angel, MIH replaced them with Japanese ones. Some of you  might be unable to read kanji, but they are just icons, so you don't  need to understand them. Please just try to feel them instead of "to  read"!
[/SIZE][B][SIZE=2]
5. Optional anime/manga character portraits[/SIZE]
[/B]

That all looks really neat, and anime portraits sound hilarious! Would it be against forum rules to start a mod highlight thread for your mod in the general Sengoku forum, complete with screenshots? It would probably get a bunch of fence sitters like me to purchase the game.

That all looks really neat, and anime portraits sound hilarious! Would it be against forum rules to start a mod highlight thread for your mod in the general Sengoku forum, complete with screenshots? It would probably get a bunch of fence sitters like me to purchase the game.
Personally I would love to see the "advertising" thread of my mod, but I guess topics of mods are basically not allowed in the general forum.

Last edited:
Personally I wold love to see the "advertising" thread of my mod, but I guess topics of mods are basically not allowed in the general forum.

Basically, yes.

I think the main problem with the game, discounting the area which I find boring to play, is the game is about endless war, with the goal of destroying all other factions. EU3 has similar issues whereas if you start small & don't grow you are crushed, though some of the Mods for it are very good, & get around these problems. CK2 on the other hand is all about Dyansties & it doesn't matter about whether you grow or not, as the game is never the same or boring. I think Sengoku is very one dimensional, which is I expect why it has failed relatively.

What they need to do is PORT what we have in CK2 into Sengoku.
It takes just THAT and you'll see 500 mods and a big boost in this community numbers.

My personal idea is that Chatnoir and MHI are keeping this game alive, barely, but it's up to the DEVs to make a choice. Was this a MOD for CK1 or ... a PRE test to CK2?

Now CK2 is out, they should make a move.

What they need to do is PORT what we have in CK2 into Sengoku.
It takes just THAT and you'll see 500 mods and a big boost in this community numbers.

My personal idea is that Chatnoir and MHI are keeping this game alive, barely, but it's up to the DEVs to make a choice. Was this a MOD for CK1 or ... a PRE test to CK2?

Now CK2 is out, they should make a move.

I have feeling as well, his mod is most indepth only boy in town.

I have feeling as well, his mod is most indepth only boy in town.

While I am not unhappy with this situation, I really need more helpers. They don't have to be literally "modders", but someone who can write event texts and give me feedback and suggestions. There are few active members in the mod thread, but I want to hear opinions from the silent majority.

I think what we really need here is a buildings system more like the CK2 one, so that there are still things to build after 80 years. It would allow more diversity between clans as well.

Mod

I just think all Sengoku games is a DLC or mod that allows for "alternate victory conditions". For example, if you want a play a loyal vassal and help lead your lord to shogunhood, that's an admirable goal. There should be more options for victory in my opinion. There really needs to be a DLC or expansion but I haven't heard anything... I guess Sengoku 2 is possible.