• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

douglasrac

General
24 Badges
Feb 23, 2011
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Cities in Motion
  • Magicka
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Prison Architect
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Magicka 2
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
Hi!

Just get to know about the release of the new DLC of CiM: Design Classics.
I would like to know what they mean by: "Expand the cities transit capabilities[...]"
Can you be more specific about the changes?

And in April 1st was announced on Twitter a release of a new city: Ulm. Was that a 1st April joke?

The new DLC includes all the bonus content that those who preorderd received. This pack includes one of every type of different transports in the game.
If you are not sure what this is, maybe this image will help refresh your memory. Image 1
Or you can visit the Steam page. - The only image of the DLC pack will show up in the top right corner.

The ULM city and everything else mentioned in that post was an April fools joke.

The new DLC includes all the bonus content that those who preorderd received. This pack includes one of every type of different transports in the game.
If you are not sure what this is, maybe this image will help refresh your memory. Image 1
Or you can visit the Steam page. - The only image of the DLC pack will show up in the top right corner.

The ULM city and everything else mentioned in that post was an April fools joke.

Another question. I have the boxed version of CiM and also have the DLC key. So, where do I have to download the DLC?

5 euros for 5 vehicles, and nothing else? I'll think I'll pass.

Thats my question. It says "Expand the cities transit capabilities[...]" so doesn't seem to be only new vehicles.

I know it includes 5 new vehicles, that's why I quote this specific part "Expand the cities transit capabilities[...]"

Yes, one tram, one bus, one metro, one ferry, and one helicopter. And no, I don't think it's worth the price. I got it free as part of a preorder but wouldn't buy it as it stands. If there were 10 new vehicles for 5 euros, maybe. I think this game's future DLCs lie in maps. I'd pay 10-15 euros for 5 new maps.

But what would a non-steam users do if they want the DLC-content but doesn't have steam and just the boxed edition?

That's not possible, since boxed version means Steam.
If you have the boxed version and you don't have Steam you didn't play the game yet. :)

P.S.: very strange that city transit capabilities means new vehicles for Colossal Order. How transit capabilities of a city is expanded by having new vehicles in town? :wacko:

P.S.: very strange that city transit capabilities means new vehicles for Colossal Order. How transit capabilities of a city is expanded by having new vehicles in town? :wacko:
It's a tagline, a marketing strategy, like how Hearts of Iron III's is "Victory at All Costs", or Crusader Kings II's is "Many were Called. Few were Chosen."
They're not going to say "Hey, here's some random vehicles that we forgot to include in the base game, and we're giving them to you for only 5 Euros!"

Those are slogans. Could be Cities in Motion: a city in motion. :D And the name of the DLC: Design classics. Expand city capabilities is a sentence that suppose to mean nothing. 99% of the people wouldn't care, but I'm the annoying guy that understand things literally. I hate marketers.

Anyway, that is DLC: new vehicles, could be new trees, new pictures of the ugly citizens, new objects to put in town, etc. I think I will buy it. For me is 5 dollars, not euros.
Expensive DLC is from Railworks 2. An abuse. 19.99, 29.99 per DLC. Its price of a new game or an expansion.

Last edited:
I just got CiM a few days ago and love it. The game seems well thought out and put together. I would love to support the developers/publisher, especially since the box price was so reasonable, but I won't be doing it at that price for just 5 new transport vehicles. I would love to know exactly what is in it, but I haven't been able to find a list yet, and the Steam page for the DLC doesn't seem to say anything at all about what the DLC includes.

I am going to hold onto my money until I find out for sure what is in it, and happily support the game by purchasing it if the contents seem reasonable.

Well, as far as I understood, this DLC was more like a gift to those who pre-order the game than a real DLC...
And once they made it, why not make it available to the others at a "small" cost.

I just got CiM a few days ago and love it. The game seems well thought out and put together. I would love to support the developers/publisher, especially since the box price was so reasonable, but I won't be doing it at that price for just 5 new transport vehicles. I would love to know exactly what is in it, but I haven't been able to find a list yet, and the Steam page for the DLC doesn't seem to say anything at all about what the DLC includes.

I am going to hold onto my money until I find out for sure what is in it, and happily support the game by purchasing it if the contents seem reasonable.

I agree with you. Very reasonable price for the game. We should support them.
You can get better description of the DLC here: http://www.impulsedriven.com/cimdlc1

I agree with you. Very reasonable price for the game. We should support them.
You can get better description of the DLC here: http://www.impulsedriven.com/cimdlc1

Thank you for the links douglasrac and co_martsu. Since it does seem to only be 5 new transportation vehicles, I think I will have to give it a pass. I do hope they come out with a better pack though. I do want to support them, just not at $5 for 5 vehicles.

Guess I will just enjoy the core game for now and cross my fingers that they have a better DLC on the way that doesn't seem like so little for that much, or that they cut the price a little on the vehicles. I hope to see something soon!

I find it also much overpriced, but because the game itself was really reasonably priced, i decided to get it. And i'm using almost all of the new vehicles already, so i could say that in the end it was almost worth the money. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.