Ad Astra! ... an Aurora Forum Game, run by blue emu

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Didn't we come across a dead in the water size 24 in the middle of nowhere way back just after we first encountered the Prix?

Yes, that's precisely what I was thinking about.

Whats the speed of those missiles?

No speed revealed on my sensors... I'm looking at them from 95 million km away, through the telemetry of my homing missiles. Unfortunately, the homing missiles don't seem interested in homing on those Prix missiles.

They might be dead in the water, yes... but I've read on the Aurora Forum that the Prix can park missiles in orbit, and they attack you if you get too close. I'm pretty sure our PD can handle it, though.

Our turn-increments are being chopped at twenty seconds... I wonder if there's MORE of these Prix around?

It might be just our own homing missiles interrupting us. They'll continue to hang around and search for targets until they run out of fuel.

With respect to variable-speed munitions for our Monitor... you can make fractional-sized rockets, so we could design a variety of rounds, varying the first/second stage by 6/2, 5.75/2.25, 5.5/2.5, 5.25/2.75, 5/3, 4.75/3.25, 4.5/3.5, 4.25/3.75, 4/4, etc. With enough tweaking, we could adjust the run-time differences to exactly correspond with the Monitor's reloading time of 26 minutes, and just keep up a constant bombardment... with the resulting MIRV warheads all arriving in one huge time-on-target salvo.

All the decoys are long gone, and my turns are still being chopped at 20 or 30 seconds. More Prix?... or just those Prix missiles eye-balling me?

Err, wait, I'm counting size 38 warhead would still only pucture though 6 layers of armor (it's a cone right?) ie (11)(9)(7)(5)(3)(1) squares into the armor, sure, can't take many of those, but rocks have more than 6 layers?

Err, wait, I'm counting size 38 warhead would still only pucture though 6 layers of armor (it's a cone right?) ie (11)(9)(7)(5)(3)(1) squares into the armor, sure, can't take many of those, but rocks have more than 6 layers?

Rocks have 16 layers, but there were 10 missiles in that salvo, and all would target the same ship.

I moved in and destroyed them with PD fire, anyway. They're gone. And the turn-interrupts have stopped.

I guess it's time to send for the Marines, to seize the planet so that we can survey it from orbit and send in the Xeno team.

Congratulations on taking the battle to the enemy and beating them in their own system. Let's hope we can recover some technological goodies.

I have sent for the Wreckers and Freighters to come and start cleaning up the mess, and also sent for the Troop Transports and Drop Ships to come and occupy the planet. A Geo-Scout is on his way here to search the planets for ruins.

Hopefully, there will be a good tech payoff for this battle. Another long-range Fire Control would be cool.

And time to send the Wreckers to claim the Prix wrecks.

I guess it's time to send for the Marines, to seize the planet so that we can survey it from orbit

*salute*

The Tenth stands ready, sir, and eager to show these mother-loving Prix the meaning of advanced diplomacy.

Hurrah!

Question: Have I been transfered to ESN Mata Hari and actually saw this battle up front or am I still on ESN Kepler?

You were commanding the ESNS Mata Hari, outposting the starboard flank of the operation.

One rather humorous aspect of this battle just struck me... :D

We fired more than two thousand missiles all together. Ordinarily, that would not be a good thing. But in this case... before we even left Earth, Scientist Bo Mosberg had finished researching a new Engine tech, effectively rendering our entire arsenal of missiles obsolete.

We were having a clearance sale on missiles!
Everything must go!
Rock bottom prices!
One free warhead with each missile!

Long live the Emu! (and the combined fleet). These long-range missiles seem to work admirably.

Long live the Emu! (and the combined fleet). These long-range missiles seem to work admirably.

I think we fired so many at them that the planet's axis flipped over and the Prix fell off.

I can't wait to see what techs we can gather from those PDCs and that Khan!