• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How the hell are people complaining about paying $10 for an expansion? That's insane! I've paid $50 for expansions for games before. $10 is NOTHING, and totally worth it! I earn more than that in a single hour of work!

How can you seriously think ten bucks is overpriced? lol. I am going to get countless hours out of this too, they could easily charge a lot more and I would still pay it.
you do remember internet forums are an international community right?
or that CK2 is sold globally?
The minimum wage in my area is around less than ten dollars a day (8.94 to be exact).

Of course, I'm obviously don't belong to a household earning minimum wage, but the point remains that income is highly relative and it isn't really fair, or polite, to discuss finances
Still, to be fair to your point, 10 dollars for the expansions is good value given how long you could enjoy it, ie. cost effectivity of the entertainment

Last edited:
Uhh... I was hardly criticizing him. I made a joke and everyone is jumping on me, lol. And yes, I know it's an international forum, but no, I'm not intimately familiar with the minimum wage laws of every other country in the western world. :p As I said, I was just joking.
HAHAHA :rofl:
I made a mistake and I was supposed to be quoting the one above you.
:p
I fixed it for your sake and my sanity :laugh:

ah well...

If you're talking with the Muslim expansion, I'd imagine it's more likely we'll get new de jure kingdoms in the Middle East and North Africa.

It kind of looks like in the Muslim expansion judging by the dev's screenshot that there may be dynamic dynasty naming for Muslim Kingdoms which I think is pretty sweet stuff. Definitely looking forward to this expansion.

Any chance you could provide us modders with any_living_character and random_living_character scopes? Seriously, we've had to try some pretty ridiculous workarounds just to say "Trigger an event for all commanders on the enemy side in a battle". It would be so much easier (and way less performance intensive) if we could just search all living characters and filter out the ones we aren't looking for with limit = { }.

Also, rivals and friendships don't work. At all. I mean it. num_of_rivals and num_of_friends will always return 0, no matter what. I'm surprised nobody's mentioned that to you yet.

Seriously. I'd be willing to live with just any_rival and plot_type = rivals working. Those would let us do some incredibly cool things.

£10 for the expansion seems reasonable, but the idea that it's nothing to everybody is a bit closed-minded. There are plenty of people on low incomes. In years past £10 would be a week's food budget for me, or a week's petrol to get to work, and money was so tight that there wasn't much room for manoeuvre. Although it's not quite so bad for me now I still have to think carefully about spending money like that on myself when I have other priorities, such as the kids. Personally I would like to buy this expansion, but I think I may wait until it becomes available in a steam sale and is perhaps 50% off. It's likely to happen within the year and there's still plenty to do for me with the Christian characters while I wait.

Quick question, probably been asked before but, if I don't plan on playing Muslim can I still benefit from this expansion? Are there new features that affect the playthough of being a Christian?

Quick question, probably been asked before but, if I don't plan on playing Muslim can I still benefit from this expansion? Are there new features that affect the playthough of being a Christian?

Im also very curious about this. As someone who never plays as a muslim or has any interest in it, whats in this expansion for me?

Well, anything that affects muslims is going to affect you in the way you deal with them...

Im also very curious about this. As someone who never plays as a muslim or has any interest in it, whats in this expansion for me?

Nothing; youll get everything that concerns you in the free patch thatll come with it.

Thats a (positive) consequence of modular DLC. You can get DLCs #1, 3, 6, and 8 and skip the others if you dont feel they are worthwhile for you, and the game will still work fine.

Personally I skipped DLC #1 because Notepad owns Ruler Designer, but Ill certainly get this one. I've played a dozen games of Crusader Kings 2 so far and I'm starting to run out of cool families to play. The Muslim world will certainly spice things up.