• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Killer

Second Lieutenant
6 Badges
Sep 12, 2001
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
Hello, anyone encountered that? I have just researched Morrigi LV and tried it in the weapon test, but heavy beam turrets do not fire at all. Is it a bug?

The test firing range does not allow movement, and the test range targets are quite small compared to a live-fire hostile CR. If the heavy beam is mounted even a little off the LV centerline (as with Morrigi), it cannot strike the tiny target and will not fire in the test.

Last I heard, this was not bugged. (Knock on wood!) A larger target or freedom to move should remedy this in battle.

The test firing range does not allow movement, and the test range targets are quite small compared to a live-fire hostile CR. If the heavy beam is mounted even a little off the LV centerline (as with Morrigi), it cannot strike the tiny target and will not fire in the test.

Last I heard, this was not bugged. (Knock on wood!) A larger target or freedom to move should remedy this in battle.

That's not entirely true. Once you get Grav Cannons, firing them in the weapons test will pull all ships, even LV's, out of position (or at least that was the case last time I played ~4 patches ago).