• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Pre-ordering wasn't a requirement for the 'refund support' from Paradox, I do believe some people have posted in this thread that they got refunds despite buying at a later date. That message is not anything more than a near automatic response. It is clear that they have not actually read what you have written. I'm afraid that if it isn't automatic, that Steam has simply opted to no longer care what Paradox has said. Obviously managing refunds on behalf of others for months on end isn't something they are bound to be glad to do, and might not care to do it anymore.

I suggest you try again, then inform them about the past correspondance and when you asked for the refund here to give a proper timeline etc. The message you sent them can be misunderstood to mean that you just recently asked for a refund, rather than when it was actually viable.

Its my second "automatic response" in a row, both times I've mentioned that I've been talking to paradox, but both times steam has simply ignored it and given me form emails as a response. one time citing only refund for preorders, one time, the courtesy refund (which has been expended for me, on Front Mission Evolved, another preorder I got burned on though not nearly as badly as SOTS2)

I know I could probably keep pestering them about it until either they give me $40 or they temporarily suspend me from the support ticket system, but I'm done I think.

A little over a month between two support ticket systems, the forums, and four support agents with no progress... I dunno, I think at this point its not worth more then $40 to me. In the future I'll just buy post launch, lesson learned, and come back to this game in a year.

Gametap was notified that is all the information I have.

You would need to contact support for that, make sure to cite your ticket number when you do.

Gametap was notified that is all the information I have.

They were notified... So why do they respond like this ?

Me:

"Hi,
About two months ago I pre-ordered Sword Of The Stars II on Gametap. As you are probably aware there are major problems with the game and Paradox Interactive offered to issue refunds for the game.
As such I would like to request a refund for my purchase. The order number is 546902.
Paradox Interactive support informed me that they have tried to contact you numerous times but you did not answer.
I used paypal for the purchase and I would like you to proceed with my refund.
Sincerely"

Gametap:

"In response to your query sent on December 26, 2011,

Hello,

Sorry about the long delay.

I have heard no such issue with this game.

Were you able at any point to do one or more of the following with this game?

1. Activate the game
2. Download the game
3. Play the game

Thank you

Best regards,
Fionn
Gametap Customer Support
gametap.com"

What is going on ? Why is your support being so unhelpful here ?

You got their phone number, you got their support system, you got their forums.

Why can't you accomplish a simple task of sending a message to them ? Contact "fionn118" their forum administrator via PM (as he handles support tickets).

Last edited:
Perhaps the gametap folks won't negotiate with PI/Kerberos for refunds?

Did other gametap customers also not get their SOTSII refund or just you?

Gametap is trying to make it seem like you own the license if you were able to do those 3......things ("playing the game" doesn't necessarily equate to any degree of quality game play, or state of game). That response from them is unacceptable.

I hope this gets resolved for you... yesterday. It's not good that you keep getting the run-around at all. My guess is you feel PI is doing the same to you? Maybe their hands are tied? Have you tried sending the Big Kahuna an email about this?

Last edited:
Did other gametap customers also not get their SOTSII refund or just not you?

Unfortunately, I have no idea.

My guess is you feel PI is doing the same to you? Maybe their hands are tied? Have you tried sending the Big Kahuna an email about this?

You mean Paradox CEO ? That would be a good idea if I could somehow find his contact info.

As to PI - I'm just completely lost here and I think it would be better if I actually refrain from commenting what I think about their job so far. ;) I have sent so many emails and messages to different people that I actually lost track. It's now about FOURTY.

Unfortunately, I have no idea.

You mean Paradox CEO ? That would be a good idea if I could somehow find his contact info.

As to PI - I'm just completely lost here and I think it would be better if I actually refrain from commenting what I think about their job so far. ;) I have sent so many emails and messages to different people that I actually lost track. It's now about FOURTY.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/member.php?19683-Fredrik-II

start there, or twitter @westerfront i think

What is going on ? Why is your support being so unhelpful here ?

You got their phone number, you got their support system, you got their forums.

Why can't you accomplish a simple task of sending a message to them ? Contact "fionn118" their forum administrator via PM (as he handles support tickets).

I have no idea what the problem with support/Gametap is, but if you are in contact with their admin could you not just point him at this thread, and specifically at one where Castellon says something like "we asked Gametap already"?

Or you said you had the E-mail from our support that told you they had asked game tap to issue the refund, can you not include that in your e-mail to the person assisting you at gametap?

I didn't receive a refund nor any further answer.
Will leave it as it is now, but ofc I will make up my own opinion about the last few months of silence towards your customer.
And that after your own Producer of Magicka complained at TotalBiscuit's Show that communication is all.

Last edited:
I didn't receive a refund nor any further answer.
Will leave it as it is now, but ofc I will make up my own opinion about the last few months of silence towards your customer.

Looks like I'm not alone then and something tells me that there is more.

Thanks for the info.

I have no idea what the problem with support/Gametap is, but if you are in contact with their admin could you not just point him at this thread, and specifically at one where Castellon says something like "we asked Gametap already"?

Already did. Waiting for the reply.

Last edited:
Hello, long time reader first time poster etc.

I pre-ordered SOTS2 and requested my refund some time ago. I've had correspondence with Michael, Linda and Johannes (mostly) in that order and I still haven't gotten my money back.

At first, I was told I didn't actually buy the game with Gamersgate, and having provided further proof that I had done I've been told repeatedly that Gamersgate should be processing my refund - that I should receive it soon etc, and I so far haven't. Is there any course of action I'd be best off doing so I can finally get a resolution to this?

Thanks.

I pre-ordered SOTS2 and requested my refund some time ago. I've had correspondence with Michael, Linda and Johannes (mostly) in that order and I still haven't gotten my money back.

At first, I was told I didn't actually buy the game with Gamersgate, and having provided further proof that I had done I've been told repeatedly that Gamersgate should be processing my refund - that I should receive it soon etc, and I so far haven't. Is there any course of action I'd be best off doing so I can finally get a resolution to this?

Thanks.

Hi Dyst, I would contact GG support and include the e-mail you received from Paradox stating they had made the refund request.
I was under the impression that all GG refunds had been processed, so maybe this one fell through the cracks.

Any updates on my refund ?

This is the reply I got:

"In response to your query sent on January 7, 2012,

Hello,

Just to let you know we have not forgotten about you.
We are still waiting for a response from the publisher about this.
We were unaware about the problem with the game and are looking into it.
Thank you for your patience.

Best regards,
Fionn
Gametap Customer Support
gametap.com"

Now, could somebody from Paradox explain to me, how hard is to contact the guy ? Is is really that hard ?
I gave you his forum ID (you can PM him via Gametap forums) and gave you the company's phone number.

So let me ask you once more: IS IT REALLY THAT HARD ?

Also TEN days ago I asked your support to provide me copies of emails / messages you sent to gametap so I can forward it to them.
Nobody answered me. Why am I constantly being ignored by your support ?

Last edited:

Thanks.
How about this -- instead of passing the buck to Gamersgate or Steam, Paradox simply offers credit for another Paradox purchase to anyone who bought SotS 2 -- a game that they have to admit was broken at launch, and continues to be broken to this day?

Paradox reps, does that sound reasonable?

Another response:

"In response to your query sent on January 7, 2012,

Hello,

We have been in contact with the publisher.

I'm sorry to disapoint you but I will not be able to give you a refund for the game.
We have been told that there were some big issue in-game upon release, but these have now been resolved.
Paradox have told us not to offer refunds for this reason.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Fionn
Gametap Customer Support
gametap.com"

WTF ? Anybody from Paradox care to comment on the bolded part ?!

How is this possible that you keep telling me for TWO MONTHS that you ordered for my refund to be processed and after all this time a guy from Gametap says precisely otherwise.

Who is lying to me ? Paradox or Gametap ?