• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Just read through the thread and I have to agree with Morrell: 1) that was friggin' annoying, and 2) this will be difficult. The fact that most if not all people probably thought that the tie wouldn't stand anyway makes it difficult to read into anything, really.

Most of the people who visibly manufactured the tie are dead and were goodies/whatever you call them in this game. Besides, visibly going for it probably isn't a sign of anything. Of course, ese could have been a baddie/whatever hiding in plain sight there, but that would require some big cojones and I find it maybe more likely that he was just fooling around like tami. Or do you guys subscribe to the "hiding in plain sight" theory here?

However, THE_SPLIT stands out to me for gently nudging the situation along without drawing as much attention to himself - he made probably the most important vote in that mess, unvoting tami to get him to three votes, without which it would have been impossible to create such a tie. It was a bunch of known goodies that got us into this mess, but Split opened the door for them.

Vote THE_SPLIT

By the way, did anyone happen to check who was online at deadline, able to break the tie but electing not to? Of those still alive that is. Esemesas obviously was (and I kind of want to lynch him for his part in creating and maintaining the tie, but right now there's no room to lynch anyone but the most likely baddie), and he said in the thread that Split was.

Oh and the Hearth option isn't bad either. I didn't log the votes this time because of the mess, but I believe he's the only one with more than one vote at any point that didn't end up in that tie (Split too, but only because of Najs' little fun at the end). Maybe it's a coincidence and just another stellar choice of target to go with the others, maybe "some people" didn't want him there.

Can't edit since I had the vote there. Anyway, I went back to check and it was tami who took Hearth out of the running. So I suppose you can scratch the "some people" part in my previous post as a known goodie removed that option...

We can't be sure who was online because of invisible mode.

But SPLIT seems like a good candidate. Najs shifted the 4-way TIE from tamius-morrell-snoop-himself to hearth-morrell-snoop-himself and SPLIT quickly returned it to its previous state, thus saving Hearth. With intentions to create a 4-way TIE, why did he switch away from one 4-way TIE to another?

Vote Split

If we're running someone up, we need to make sure sniping is impossible.

I find it difficult to care at all about what happens anymore.

This isn't even Stalingrad... this goes in the records as the worst failure of a village to survive in the history of werewolf. We will remember this game as the game where villagers actively ploted to help the wolves win the game in record time.

I am helpless in the face of such pervasive stupidity. I have one option left.

VOTE JOEBTHEGREAT

Out of curiosity - I can see the historical fit, but does this Stalingrad you guys keep mentioning refer to some particular WW game?

See also here for more terminology and phrases.

Out of curiosity - I can see the historical fit, but does this Stalingrad you guys keep mentioning refer to some particular WW game?

It's a generic term for any game that ends with zero dead wolves and a baddie victory.
Or in the case of multiple packs: Zero dead wolves from one pack and a victory for that pack.

Stalingrads happen when one side wins despite a heavy numerical disadvantage. Hence the term.
Of course in this case the "numerical disadvantage" seems to have lessened somewhat :p
edit: Lol, there actually was a game named like that?
I have no idea why I am surprised .. :)

It's a generic term for any game that ends with zero dead wolves and a baddie victory.
Or in the case of multiple packs: Zero dead wolves from one pack and a victory for that pack.

Stalingrads happen when one side wins despite a heavy numerical disadvantage. Hence the term.
Of course in this case the "numerical disadvantage" seems to have lessened somewhat :p
edit: Lol, there actually was a game named like that?
I have no idea why I am surprised .. :)

Hehe yeah, I had figured that much out myself from the usage here, but the game's indeed what I was asking for. ;)

And thanks Slinky, I don't know why I didn't check that thread first. :eek:o But I guess that's a good thing, seeing that there was some new information for randakar too.