1.6.2 Hotfixed - RELEASED - checksum: e98d

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Besuchov

Studio Manager, PDS
Paradox Staff
64 Badges
Mar 6, 2001
  • Sengoku
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • March of the Eagles
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Impire
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Starvoid
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Diplomacy
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Gettysburg
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
Time to release this patch that has been in open beta for quite some time. The next patch will be the much bigger 1.7 patch released together with the Res Publica expansion where you will get much more fixes as well as new stuff to play a round with.

Patchnotes:
---------------------
- Restored AE Decay to intended levels.
- Westernisation threshold is now 8 levels for all techgroups.
- CTD Crashes when observing macrobuildinterface buildings and CountryIdeasView, while no country is selected.
- Fixed a bug where the AI would continously move between two adjacent provinces while supporting a siege.
- Fixed a bug where the AI would prioritize blockading straits it had no strategic reason to blockade.
- Overlords of colonies and Protectorates can no longer transfer trade power.
- Fixed an issue where AI would start and abandon sieges due to faulty attach logic.
- AI: Will now help its vassals and war allies fight rebels, if there are no higher priority targets.
- Fixed a bug where you could not cancel transfer trade power relations unless you had Wealth of Nations.
- Fixed a bug where the AI would appear to accept joining a war but then dishonor when called from declare war screen.
- Fixed a bug where you would get AE for declaring war while at negative stability, even if you had a CB.
- Fixed a bug where the AI would disband mercenaries to replace them with regular troops when there was no financial need to do so.
- Fixed a bug where the AI would refuse to make peace despite being offered all of its demands.
- Culture triggers should no longer cause a CTD from incorrect culture
- Launcher no longer borderlss (and can therefor be moved)
- Now disabled ingame load for ironman
- 'Pacta Conventa' and 'The Royal Struggle' modifiers will now be properly removed when the Struggle for Royal Power ends.
- Removed unused code from DirectorySettings - Made debug memory info in CEU4Application::LoadDatabases available to modders
- Removed old DirectorySettings stuff from files
- Removed a lot of old DirectorySettings crap from main.cpp and eu4application.cpp * Debugging broken mods
- CalculateChecksum now uses same code as checksum builder
- Removed GetModFromCommandLine from main.cpp - Removed GetDebugFromCommandLine from main.cpp - Added g_bDebug which is now set like any other command line argument
- Culture triggers should no longer cause a CTD from incorrect culture
- Fixed tooltipcrash in subjectview
- Fixed bug with checksums calculated badly when mods where used

NEW BUG - cannot move any units on Mac OS X.
I have reported this as an urgent bug, it will need a new patch.
AndrewT

Castellon EDIT: For the Mac issue avoid either of the windowed modes and play in full screen as a work around.

Besuchov EDIT: This should now be FIXED.

Last edited:
- Fixed a bug where you could not cancel transfer trade power relations unless you had Wealth of Nations.

I actually bought WoN because of that. OPM Indian with no borders to anyone except me, no enemies/rivals and I had the trade transfer enabled, pretty much killed a relationship forever. :D

Do I read this right? Does Westernization now need a 24 Tech Level difference in total? ... That's somewhat harsh.

I'd say the best thing about this patch is the checksum. The rest is good too, but damn :eek:

Damn you Paradox, I'm THIS close to get Master of India achievement - if this patch brakes my Ironman I swear I will... probably start again :( :cries:

1) Can we expect a rebalance for France?

2) Can we expect a rework for mission's reward? gaining 5 prestige is kind of useless

3) Can we expect a button to upgrade ships? (costing time and money for the player for the sake of realism)

Do I read this right? Does Westernization now need a 24 Tech Level difference in total? ... That's somewhat harsh.

No, it requires that you be 8 techs behind, regardless of your techgroup. In 1.6/.1, it was scaled based on techgroup, causing some on the lower end (Native American, Sub-Saharan) to have something like a 10 or more tech requirement, IIRC.

My v1.6.2 has a checksum of e98d and I do not have any mods or previous saves. I have reverted to v1.6.1.4, got the correct checksum for that version, removed v1.6.1.4 and v1.6.2 reinstalled with the e98d checksum. Any thoughts or recommendations?

I do not have CoP or WoN DLC's.

Could we get CNs and Trade Companies on two different tabs? Sort out the different subjects. Right now I have so many TCs, all of them just reading "Norwegi..." which really tells me nothing, and the list becomes very crowded with TCs and CNs on the same list. And protectorates, and Vassals.

I have the e98d checksum too.