• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would go the other way. They would enforce the laws, rules and CUSTOMS of the mother country in the new province. They basically administrate the mother country into the new province, establishing the societal norms, enforcing on a local level. In the end, you basically end up with culture. It'll take a few generations...

It would VERY interesting to send one to an enemy province as a spy or plant to start influencing a province. It would bring a whole new twist to rebels... If you look at the influx of Mexicans into California's population for example, basically forcing the adoption of language and culture to make the government and schools accessible. Imagine being able to have a province bordering your own that you could sway, maybe swaying enough people to the point they want to change their allegiance....

T

Hey now... Save it for the documentary.

T

I would go the other way. They would enforce the laws, rules and CUSTOMS of the mother country in the new province. They basically administrate the mother country into the new province, establishing the societal norms, enforcing on a local level. In the end, you basically end up with culture. It'll take a few generations...

It would VERY interesting to send one to an enemy province as a spy or plant to start influencing a province. It would bring a whole new twist to rebels... If you look at the influx of Mexicans into California's population for example, basically forcing the adoption of language and culture to make the government and schools accessible. Imagine being able to have a province bordering your own that you could sway, maybe swaying enough people to the point they want to change their allegiance....

T

I don't think Mexico is purposely changing the culture of the Southwest. It doesn't seem plausible to send a magistrate into an enemy province and start replacing its culture with that of another country.

I think considering how California came into the Union its an awful, offensive thing to suggest.

You may want to read George Friendman's 'The Next 100 years' he suggests that that process will happen in the coming century, although as a side effect, not intended.

I don't need to read men like George Friedman to know of things that are obviously possible, nor does it matter. Suggesting that the Latino population of California are agents of the United Mexican States coming to influence the Southwest when the northward migration, illegal or otherwise, is driven by forces which have their origins in cities like Washington and New York, and when in just as many cases the border moved over them, not the other way around, is patently offensive.

Well this obviously doesn't have anything to do with the expansion. :rolleyes:

Nothing at all!

I don't think Mexico is purposely changing the culture of the Southwest. It doesn't seem plausible to send a magistrate into an enemy province and start replacing its culture with that of another country.

Think of it as another spy thing. Maybe like the different spy missions in HOI3.

I think considering how California came into the Union its an awful, offensive thing to suggest.

I don't need to read men like George Friedman to know of things that are obviously possible, nor does it matter. Suggesting that the Latino population of California are agents of the United Mexican States coming to influence the Southwest when the northward migration, illegal or otherwise, is driven by forces which have their origins in cities like Washington and New York, and when in just as many cases the border moved over them, not the other way around, is patently offensive.

Reread his post carefully, and you will see that he is not saying that Mexico is sending Mexicans into California so they can annex it. He is merely giving a RL example (the fact that Mexicans are pouring into California, and a few other states, and changing the culture, language, etc.) of a possible game situation.

I personally would love to be able to export my country's culture for many different reasons.

Closer allies (I'd feel closer to my own culture personally), ability to try and claim provinces due to culture, and the new need to worry about maintaining my own culture in my country.

Reread his post carefully, and you will see that he is not saying that Mexico is sending Mexicans into California so they can annex it. He is merely giving a RL example (the fact that Mexicans are pouring into California, and a few other states, and changing the culture, language, etc.) of a possible game situation.

I understand what he's saying, its the way he says it that I object to. The only way something similar could be incorporated into EU3 would be as an event, not as any sort of decision.

A better example of a government decision would be the opposite end of this arc, the Old Three Hundred, though that would be Mexico inviting Americans into one of its provinces (colonies?), increasing revoltrisk and changing the culture to Texan, while improving the base tax and increasing the population.

No example comes to mind of a government overruning a neighboring territory with its own population. Moreover, it'd be pretty difficult to send that many people over the border covertly. Its pretty unlikely that that has anything to do with what magistrates actually do.

... that was gay... :rofl:

I understand what he's saying, its the way he says it that I object to. The only way something similar could be incorporated into EU3 would be as an event, not as any sort of decision.

A better example of a government decision would be the opposite end of this arc, the Old Three Hundred, though that would be Mexico inviting Americans into one of its provinces (colonies?), increasing revoltrisk and changing the culture to Texan, while improving the base tax and increasing the population.

No example comes to mind of a government overruning a neighboring territory with its own population. Moreover, it'd be pretty difficult to send that many people over the border covertly. Its pretty unlikely that that has anything to do with what magistrates actually do.
What about Israel?, the Zionist government overran Palestine with Jewish population, driving them to small enclaves.

The California example is very valid, as a matter of fact any of the U.S. southern states could be made as an example of overrun and out breeding of the original population, just take a look at the stats from 50, 25 and 12 years ago and compare them to today's.

The same goes for many major European cities, Paris is overrun by Arabs, Berlin is overrun by Turks, London is overrun by Pakistanis/Indus, Madrid is overrun by Moroccans, etc...

... that was gay... :rofl:

What about Israel?, the Zionist government overran Palestine with Jewish population, driving them to small enclaves.

The California example is very valid, as a matter of fact any of the U.S. southern states could be made as an example of overrun and out breeding of the original population, just take a look at the stats from 50, 25 and 12 years ago and compare them to today's.

The same goes for many major European cities, Paris is overrun by Arabs, Berlin is overrun by Turks, London is overrun by Pakistanis/Indus, Madrid is overrun by Moroccans, etc...

This happens all the time in history. The barbarians didn't overrun Rome with a simple military campaign, after all. They settled in the border regions and spread throughout the western empire. The Anglo-Saxons conquered parts of Britain and mingled with the locals over generations, as did the Norse.

It's amazing what people can read into a post... The example given is fact. It's just what people do. 'Hey, there's a great country over there where we can find work and support our families better than here...' No secret plot, no hidden agenda. The game doesn't do culture shift like this very well, but the fact remains that California, among half the other states in the country have had to rewrite laws, reinterpret laws, reinvent laws and procedures to deal with millions of people who don't speak 'American' as their native language.

In game terms, if you take over a province, it will be filled with people that are native to the province, but not native to the nation that owns it. It's symbolized rather weakly now with nationalism RR. It would be nice to have a magistrate assigned to the province to speed that along. His job entails establishing and enforcing the views and laws of the motherland, not reinforcing the views and laws of the old province owner.

As a separate spy mission type thing, it would be very interesting to send someone in to plant subversion, or 'work ' a province to help a nation before they take it over. Propaganda if you will. I won't bring up any examples of it though, as someone will surely misread and interject all sorts of comments about how I offended their lack of sensibility. I'm sure all of you can come up with propaganda references of your own.

Really guys, read a post for what's there, not for what you can make out of it... Having said that, I wonder how long it takes for someone to get all bent because I used 'American' and 'Native' in the same post, and how offended they are... :eek:

T

Status
Not open for further replies.