• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Sarys

Captain
60 Badges
Apr 18, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Semper Fi
  • Rome Gold
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Prison Architect
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Victoria 2
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Rome: Vae Victis
Chapter 1: Fate of British Isles

Our little story begins in the year 1492. King Henry VII is not happy about the peace treaty with France. England lost all of the land they had gained from France except Calais. Now King Henry VII is planning new conquest. This time target is Scotland.

Diplomatic map in the begining

King Henry VII

Henry VII declares war agains Scotland in July 1494. Scotland doesn't waste any time and attacks with all their might taking the battle to the English ground.

English soldiers were not ready for them and suffered great losses and retreated to south. Scotland has won it's first battle. King Henry was furious and ordered all men to arms and attack immediately.

This time England was ready for battle and with two armies it attacks agains Scotland. But Scotland was prepared for them with three armies and their moral was high unlike English soldiers who lost their first battle so easily. Even though England out numbered their enemy they still were unabel to win because their moral was too low so they lost yet again.

And The Marches falls to the enemys hands..... Scotland doesn't stop there and attacks to Lancashire.

It looks like England is gonna lose again. But this time they are not gonna lose they defeat the enemy and siege The Marches.

Scotland realizes that it can't win the war so easily and attacks Irland with small army in order to get English army out of Scotland.

England doesn't slow down and trains small militia army in Irland to keep their visitors busy. In Scotland English troops meet little to no resistance and soon they are ready to siege Higlands.

Scotland tried desperately get English army out of their lands and attacks Calais.

Their army was too small and unorganized to win. English army in Calais didn't spare anyone. At the meantime England managed to get militia big enough to drive Scoland's army out of Irland.

Unfortunatly all of the milita troops were Irish and since no one has ever met sober Irish they lost the first battle.(no offense intended) At the mean time English troops sieged Highlands and Irish militia managed to drive Scotland's army out of Irland war was over.

King Henry was happy British Isles belonged to England now. But he was still concerned about France because English foothold in France was impaired.
(English is not my native language so please fogive typos)

Last edited:
I fully support life in the EU1 forums.

So I'm not the only one who likes EU1? Good to see theres still others as well :)

EDIT: even tho I'm sure there will not be too many followers for this but it's understandable because they all are in EU3 forum

Last edited:
Ah, the good old days of EU1. I wasted countless hours with that game. I never got the patches, by the way. I didn't even have Internet back in 2001, let alone I knew of the existence of these fora. I knew there was something very, very wrong with the game, yet despite that, I just kept playing it. Have fun playing it, Sarys, and I hope you won't write for the walls. I'll hop in to check now and then, it'll be easy to see when you've updated!

Last edited:
Ah, the good old days of EU1. I wasted countless hours with that game. I never got the patches, by the way. I didn't even have Internet back in 2001, let alone I knew of the existence of these fora. I knew something very, very wrong with the game, yet despite that, I just kept playing it. Have fun playing it, Sarys, and I hope you won't write for the walls. I'll hop in to check now and then, it'll be easy to see when you've updated!

Thanks Qorten! :) It really helps when ppl are commenting. If they don't I will lose my Interest really fast.

Chapert 2: Prepearing for war?

England defeated Scotland in 1498. And peace was restored to British Isles....for now at least.

Henry demands exploration to the west. And after many moths of sailing the expedition finaly found land and started to sail back to England to inform king. The king orderd colonization immediately and soon England had her first colony in the new world.

Even though England defeated Scotland Easily. King was still worried about France and In January, 1500 he ordered more troops to be raised in Calais.

And soon king was worried about their navy maybe being too small and orderd more ships to be build in April, 1500

And soon after that there was order to improve walls in Cornwall.

Now Henry VII was sure that England was safe again and started to negotiate with Spain to share explorations. Spain refused to share any explorations and said that English explorations were nothing and that Spain doesn't need to know about them. Henry didn't like that and left the alliance between England and Spain and broke royal ties with Spain

Now England was on it's own and didn't have any allies. And Henry's mood wasn't getting better anytime soon. After few months there was unhappines among the Clergy. And because of that revolt risk was rising.

But luckily the revolt never happened and soon English stability started to rise again. And soon Henry started to upgrade Walls in Lincoln.

And soon order to rise more troops came again this time for two provinces Calais and Anglia.

Then one day Henry resieved a message from English ambassador that was in Wurtemberg that their relations with England was improved. Henry was pleased.
After few months England had new allies Persia and Portugal. They declared war agains Irag, Turkey and Crimea and asked Henry to help. Henry accepted but was not going to send help....at least for now.

After few days Henry was updating walls again. You can never be too careful.

England was now protected well enough for Henry.
On February, 1508 Henry sent another colonial ship to Wabana to increase populatin and to secure the colony.

What happenes next is still unknown....

(If there's typos or something like that let me know so I can correct them)

All joking aside, this is a huge nostalgia trip for me as I haven't played EU1 or EU2 in years.

Yeah and for me this AAR is my second time playing EU 1 (first time was little test)

Sorry that there's been no new updates but I have had no inspiration. No one has commented about the AAR itself so I'm not sure should I borther to continue. Well I guess I'll be doing one update soon and see if I will continue after that.

End is comming?

In February 25, 1509 Henry decided to send help to his allies so he ordered March Garrison to go and fight agains Turkey.

But after one day and five months king Henry VII was dead by the old age. And his son Henry VIII was crowned king.

And soon Henry VIII's kingdom's trade and infastructure budges got good bonus because of good goverment policies.

When fleet carrying March Garrision reached shores of Turkey Henry received information that war was already over. "Why didn't anyone tell me earlyer". Henry said outloud.

Soon after that small fleet that was send to find "new" world found land. Unfortunatly the fleet never came back.

For a long time everythin was peaceful and everything was well. But then came report about corruption. That caused high inflation acros the kingdom of England.

English economy took huge hit because of inflation and might not ever recover. Henry was worried about his kingdoms future. "Can England survive this crisis". He said to himself. "Ministery of defense we need more troops to Calais NOW"!

Next few updates might be last ones because I don't think I can safe England anymore.

I just didn't have anything else to do. And since it looks like this AAR is about to end I thought I'd end it with bang.