• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
*bows*

To Mylord Gul Brown

- (if you are to critique someone why not throw a title at them - it lessens the risk of having something thrown at you)

I have noticed that the fleet is fighting in a somewhat defensive position - waddensee, the med - may one suggest a line - greenland - iceland - azores - capo verde as a minimum for a belt of submarine screens flanked by fast destroyerfleet and a few stronger reaction-taskforces? - not only will this keep the americans at bay and better your trade effieciency - but will also prevent the americans from suddenly landing in ireland and scotland - the bases portugal has are important and should be defended - in the wrong hands they will spell your doom.

your humble servant

Colonel C. C. Crazy MacChicken VC. FC. & BAR

Last edited:
AOK. 11 said:
This is still going on? Man. I need to catch up. Still looks great though.

Yes its still going on, im sure this AAR will be alive and well for quite a while! Get reading :D

bows*

To Mylord Gul Brown

- (if you are to critique someone why not throw a title at them - it lessens the risk of having something thrown at you)

I have noticed that the fleet is fighting in a somewhat defensive position - waddensee, the med - may one suggest a line - greenland - iceland - azores - capo verde as a minimum for a belt of submarine screens flanked by fast destroyerfleet and a few stronger reaction-taskforces? - not only will this keep the americans at bay and better your trade effieciency - but will also prevent the americans from suddenly landing in ireland and scotland - the bases portugal has are important and should be defended - in the wrong hands they will spell your doom.

your humble servant

Colonel C. C. Crazy MacChicken VC. FC. & BAR

So far i have been allowing the enemy fleets to come to me, much of the worlds navies are in a very weakened state. Once a handful more of my submarine fleets are completed i intend on sending them out on the hunt for any and all enemy vessels they may find. I remember the USA doing a fair bit of island hoping of its own as you said, i know my American assets are in their hands now.

The Pack Grows

We have recently completed yet another submarine fleet, the final submarine was added a few days ago and the fleet has been launched. It has taken up a defensive position around the British Isles along with three other submarine fleets, it should be noted we have a further two fleets returning from the mediterranean after successfully deploying our divisions in Israel.

Another Submarine Fleet is Deployed

Status Update

Our economy is in the best shape it has been in for a long time, we are managing our supplies more efficiently and this has resulted on the continued growth of our finances which will allow us to conduct further diplomatic actions with the hope of bringing new nations to the Allies.

Britains Economy

The Technologies our Scientists are Currently Pursuing

In Asia, Japan has continued to fight against the Soviet and Chinese forces successfully and has spread into the pacific ocean, taking numerous key islands from Allied nations. This must ensure Axis superiority of this ocean.

Japan Holding on in Asia

Soviet Union​

Despite our defeat in the Soviet Union, we have launched a series of successful assaults against Soviet forces and this seems to have offset the victory achieved by the Soviets, we must keep them rocked and unable to focus their troops on a breakthrough.

To Ensure the Soviets Dont get to Confident From Their Victory in Sumy, we Launched an Assault on a Neighbouring Province

We Launched a Counter Attack Against Soviet Forces in Sumy, our Defeat There is Avenged

Our troops have begun leaving their positions, fighting across rivers is difficult and so we are focusing our forces on winning key battles. What matters is that we can secure and hold provinces infront of our own and then we can launch assaults on neighbouring provinces from two sides.

Soviet Armies are Forced to Retreat

Nice turn-around Gul :D , you'l need to encircle them a bit more if you want to win though IMO :p .

Dear god that TC loading is hideous! :eek:

Any prospect of any of your allies doing anything or are they still all sitting around guarding coastlines?

tylerhink said:
I just can't believe that Japan has held in there for so long.

I know. I expected them to collapse when their advance into Chino was repulsed but holdingon to Korea and advancing in the pacific is impressive. I assume the Soviet focus being divided is helping both of us.

Nice turn-around Gul :D , you'l need to encircle them a bit more if you want to win though IMO :p

Encirclements will be needed, im becoming increasingly worried about my invasion being crushed once our forces are spread out into the open.

Any prospect of any of your allies doing anything or are they still all sitting around guarding coastlines?

Tc is awful i know.

As for my Allies, i seem to see a different flag over a plane bombing Soviet troops every day ;) The Yugoslav/French forces continue to help out and there is a mixed Allied force fighting in Persia.

Thanks for reading everyone.

El Pip said:
I agree, probably your greatest threat. No question taking on the US until you get rid of the USSR and liberate their people (and your TC :D ). Going for Moscow should take a lot of wind out of the Comintern's sails. :cool:

Of course this will probably mean the loss of Canada. :(

Outstanding updates! Give them no mercy!

noobermenschen said:
I agree, probably your greatest threat. No question taking on the US until you get rid of the USSR and liberate their people (and your TC :D ). Going for Moscow should take a lot of wind out of the Comintern's sails. :cool:

Of course this will probably mean the loss of Canada. :(

Outstanding updates! Give them no mercy!

Canada is already gone, the USA is in the distant future as you say and Moscow is my greater goal on the Soviet front at the moment. Im trying to be as cautious as possible, i dont want my forces becoming too stretched and ending up being destroyed. If that were to happen the Soviets would steamroll Europe, Germany and Italy are still fledglings.

Thanks very much for reading, im off on holiday now so updates will resume at a more normal rate from now on hopefully.

I seldom read other AARs, due to limited time, and even more seldom I post in ones (shame on me.)
But I think its time to say that I follow your AAR from the start, Gul.
Very fine idea, bravely continued.
And suspenseful as hell.
Keep going, oh Gul. ( I liked deep space nine best from all star trek serials, by the way)

Amona said:
I seldom read other AARs, due to limited time, and even more seldom I post in ones (shame on me.)
But I think its time to say that I follow your AAR from the start, Gul.
Very fine idea, bravely continued.
And suspenseful as hell.
Keep going, oh Gul. ( I liked deep space nine best from all star trek serials, by the way)

Thank you very much indeed. Its great to know you are enjoying the AAR, updates are on the way. Christmas and hogmanay have slowed the process down a tad :p .

Oh and DS9 is fantastic, nice to hear someone who likes Star Trek too :)

looks like the Soviets finally fulfilled that Russian dream -- Russian Manchuria and a port in the Yellow Sea! :eek:

Duty to Democracy

The war against the Soviets rages on and our progress remains highly satisfactory despite the setbacks we have suffered. Our biggest worry is the worsening situation in Persia, we still have a light presence in the region and Persian survival will depend on her Allies rallying together to drive back the Soviet hordes.

This Allied unity is needed if we are to finally emerge victorious against the Communists. We are delighted by the commitment shown by our Allies, in particular France and Yugoslavia who have fought at the side of British troops in Europe for years. It is our duty to Democracy to fight for our beliefs and contribute to the war effort in whatever ways we can, should we lose there will be no opportunity for regret....

In Persia the Soviet forces have cemented a solid defensive line in the north and hold the capital Tehran. We launched another attack intended on recapturing the Persian capital:

Iraqi and British Troops Fight Against the Soviet Occupiers in Tehran

The large difference in force sizes proved irrelevant and we were defeated after a long battle, the Persian capital remains under Soviet occupation.

The Destruction of Another Aircraft Carrier is Little Consolation After our Inability to Liberate the Persian Capital

The great dissapointment of this defeat has been softened by the massive Allied force that it racing to Persia to free the country from Soviet oppression. Once this is achieved we shall restart our initial mission in the region, to strike at the underbelly of the Soviet beast and stretch their forces even more with a mixed Allied force.

French, Israeli and Iraqi Troops Advance to Persia. France Leads the way, Showing the Allies Refusal to Yield to the Soviet war Machine.

Snake IV said:
France is coming to save the day once again! :cool:

Its a massive army en route is'nt it? My jaw dropped when i saw it. I must say im glad the French are becoming so envolved in the war.

Thanks for reading.

Gul Brown said:
Its a massive army en route is'nt it? My jaw dropped when i saw it.
Just in time too, looks like Tabriz is lost.

What kind of combat penalty are the French and the Persians paying for any TC overload?

noobermenschen said:
Just in time too, looks like Tabriz is lost.

What kind of combat penalty are the French and the Persians paying for any TC overload?

Losing Tabriz would be another blow. I dont know the state of the French and Persian troops, i will check the next time we are in a battle together.

The Patriots

War. Its simply a politicians game. As someone who has worked in Politics all my life i know this as fact. Politics change the face of our world constantly and are responsible for war itself...and the soldiers on the battlefield are the ones who are left with the responsibility of...."following orders". The fact is though that orders change, an enemy can become a friend all due to political changes, the battlefield is constantly changing due to politicians that will never set foot in a war zone.

Many would'nt believe me but i feel genuinley sorry for the soldiers of all nations, forced tot ake part in conflicts they had nothing to do with starting...and bearing the brunt of all the horrors of war along with it. Tne years down the line those he fought against could be his countries new Allies.

This war we are currently involved in...this Epic struggle...nobody foresaw its coming and nobody foresaw the Coups and other completely unexpected events that acted as a prelude to the war.

The Soldiers, the pawns are the true victims.

On the politicial side of things we have had a change in ministers

It is Decided we Need to Capitalize on Making the Most of Conquered Lands

The Front​

Our victory and arrival in Gomel was greeted by a Soviet attack on our forces to the north in Polotsk

Victory in Gomel, However the Situation Looks Bleak to the North in Polotsk

Our Advance in the North is Brought to an Abrupt Halt, Our Mechanized Forces Attempt to Swiftly Capture and Hold Polotsk has Failed

Another Soviet counter attack has worked perfectly as well, the province of Sumy continues to be battled over and our forces have again been forced to retreat by Soviet forces in the region.

The Battle is Fought...

...And Lost, However we Have a Second Army Racing to the Province of Sumy