• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
HJ Tulp said:
Man, it doesn't matter how long you are away. Once you're back we're still here.

Agreed ;)

Gul Brown said:
Thanks for reading everyone. Yes i have been gone for oh, a fortnight? three weeks?
A MONTH :mad: YOU HAD US SERIOUSLY WORRIED THAT SOMETHING BAD HAPPENED TO YOU :(
Here is why. Yes i will always tell you if im about to vanish [again] but this time..."bang" internet connection just died. A wire connecting the mains switch to a secondary phone socket died so i have been left without the internet for weeks and again i have gone AWOL in the middle of this story.
Im fearing annoying my readers with all these interruptions but if you want to blame someone blame this new house! I first had to go because of the damn floor getting...well made seeing as the living room was consisting of dirt and rocks and now it has decided to let the internet die.
Oh i should point out its still not fixed, im out in the hall- decided to move the PC there to just get the damn interent back.
BT have been useless. Expect somewhat irregular updates until its fixed.
At least we know not to worry now. :) PLEASE find another hookup to let us know next time. :(

Man, it doesn't matter how long you are away. Once you're back we're still here.

How true that is.

Gul has been returned to us!

Thanks guys :)

A MONTH :mad: YOU HAD US SERIOUSLY WORRIED THAT SOMETHING BAD HAPPENED TO YOU :(

At least we know not to worry now. :) PLEASE find another hookup to let us know next time. :(

This actually is my other hookup, my PC is now in the living room with a wire stretching away out into the hall. My P.C is no longer in my room, now i must sit through tv [which i dont watch] to bring you updates!

Nice to know you were worried about me though, glad to report in im fine :)

Would just like to Congratulate Gul. I believe this is the Longest Running AAR.

Your sig has June 4th 2006 AAR winner , well its June 28th. There for its been over a year. Congradulations.

boom said:
Not even close, I can think of three that have been going longer off the top of my head. Allenby's British Interests, Draco's For King and Country and VJ's Prussian Moderation.

All of which are still going and started earlier, there are doubtless others.

Still 18months since this started and managing to get increasingly ULTIMATE with consistency, that does indeed deserve congratulations.

El Pip said:
Not even close, I can think of three that have been going longer off the top of my head. Allenby's British Interests, Draco's For King and Country and VJ's Prussian Moderation.

All of which are still going and started earlier, there are doubtless others.

Still 18months since this started and managing to get increasingly ULTIMATE with consistency, that does indeed deserve congratulations.
hey,you forgot cthultu's french AAR :D

Its nice how long this AAR has lasted and it still has soo long to go. Also nice to see you feel it keeps getting more Ultimate!

I will try and get an update to you soon, its been too long!

wilegfass said:
It's still been a year, I say congrats to that.

Thanks,there are so many of you who have been there for the whole ride.

I think you will all keep on enjoying this, there is a good story going..and plenty of action! :)

Thanks for reading, without you guys this war wouldnt even have reached Epic.

boom said:

Your sig has June 4th 2006 AAR winner , well its June 28th. There for its been over a year. Congradulations.

it was June 28th? i will change it then.

Thanks

Dont worry its just a super Cliff Hangar

Update currently in the works. :p

Allied Assault

The attack on the encircled Communists in the lands of the Czechs was going well, the fall of Pilsen had forced the Germans into the mountains and they were preparing to make their final stand against an overwhelming Allied force.

We had recieved another six divisions from Britain and they had been sent to the front. We knew the formidable Sudetenland defenses would cause us huge problems and our only path to victory would be to use overwhelming force, many would die but a nation would be born as a result.

We immediatly launched a triple assault into the mountains and were swiftly defeated on all fronts despite having numerical superiority. We would have to do more than overwhelm our foes, they would have to be drowned by our numbers.

*Strakonice
*Liberec
*Usti

These three provinces were all that was left of the German resistance in Czechoslovakia. British Command decided Liberec would be attacked first, the assault would be lead by General O'Connor and would be supported by troops in Prague, Pilsen, Ostrava and Cottbus.

The Fighting Lasted for Days

Liberec Falls!

With Liberec in Allied hands the noose was tightening on the Germans who were now facing inevitable defeat, our troops were moving in on all sides and their troops were growing ever weaker due to lack of supply, exhaustion and lack of manpower.

Usti Being Overwhelmed by British Troops

Once our troops had reorganized they assaulted Usti and yet again the fighting lasted for many hours, this time the Germans were in even worse shape.

The Defenders of Usti are Broken- British Troops Achieve a Second Crucial Victory in the Sudetenland

All that was left of the German resistance was holding on in Strakonice, once we repositioned our troops the Germans face the entire British force in the region. We expected this battle to be the quickest of the three and we were correct, after a few hours the German troops surrendered.
The Czech people were free!

Strakonice is Attacked, the German Troops are on the Brink of Defeat

Strakonice Falls Along with a Massive German Army

The fall of the Communists in central Europe has been a momentous victory for the Allies and it is now time for us to to finish what we started, the freedom of the Czech people will signal the end of the Communist Germans and the Liberation of our Polish friends who fell so long ago. We shall now turn our attention to Poland, the Germans last foothold. Where it began is where it shall end, Onwards to Warsaw!

British Troops Racing to the Polish Border for the Final Battle With the German Forces [the Remanants of the Germans in Czechoslovakia Have Been Mopped up]

The invasion of occupied Poland will go somewhat smoother due to the number of German troops we have captured during our campaigns to get this far. Soviet troops will no doubt be present in large numbers in order to aid their German Allies so we must remain ever vigilant.

The German Army is a Shadow of its Former Self

With this victory in hand we did what we had set out to do, free the Czech people!

The Czechs are Free From Communist Oppression

This Allied Assault on the Communists wasnt over though as during our defeat of the Germans in Czechoslovakia the French armies that were aiding the Yugoslavians announced the Annexation of Romania!
This is tremendous news, the vast oil reserves of Romania and no longer in Communist hands, Bulgaria is clearly on the brink of invasion and the French/Yugoslavian armies have been hugely impressive.

Romania is Crushed by Combined French/Yugoslavian Forces

Last edited:
Slovakia's your puppet right? What about Hungary? To Moscow and the destruction of Bolshvism!

Arthulian said:
Nice work, the extra allies should come in useful.

Thanks.

Im trying to get all the Allies i can get!

Slovakia's your puppet right? What about Hungary? To Moscow and the destruction of Bolshvism!

Yep Slovakia is a puppet, i have quite a few now.

Hungary is neutral, if they were to join the Commintern or Axis it would be suicide.

Yes Moscow is next after Warsaw.

An Update! It's been so long that I forgot what they looked like.

:p , you could always have took a look at my snazzy chapter list and read the whole wonderful tale again!

Hmm, vigilante justice on the Commies. Huzzah

I have been reading/watching the Punisher too much....so i edited my mistake just to annoy you ;)