• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Gul Brown said:
I will try and get an update out to you guys tomorrow :)

Yahoo! :D

General Jac said:

i know it seems to be all im saying recently but: im sorry for the delay in updates, still been busy with moving house. Thanks for the patience - an update will be coming tomorrow..or well it 00:24 here so today but later after i get some sleep! :D

Decisions Decisions.....​

A decision must be made, Britain either takes Italy and liberates her or sends the invasion force to Germany where they well help with further conquest and/or holding what we have taken.

Invading Italy, the Benefits:
  • The Invasion could be pulled off with minimal troops, it is doubtful that the Germans have a large occupation force holding Italy due to the Wehrmacht being needed on multiple other fronts and this is shown by the small force positioned along the French-Italian border.
  • The Liberation of the Italians would give us another Ally, more importantly a strong ally who could produce a sufficient number of troops not only to defend herself but go on offense. Also her advances in research would benefit all Allied nations.

Invading Italy, the Drawbacks:
  • Getting the troops to Italy could be a problem, there are constant naval engagements around the world especially Europe, the Royal Navy has done its best to stay out of them but the ferocity of Engagements between German and US navies is not to be taken lightly and a loss of transports would send many men to their deaths-men we cannot afford to throw away carelessly

• Should the Germans catch on to what we are trying to do and reroute forces to Italy that could create further problems as we are intending to send Ironside accompanied by two Lt. Generals each commanding three divisions-no more can be spared.

Italy- A Future Ally?

Sending Troops to Germany, the Advantages:
  • The divisions would lift the pressure on the current force stationed in Germany and provide more opportunites for offensive manoeuvres resulting in Britain taking more land and further pressuring Germany causing them to divert even more troops to Occupied Germany.

• The journey to Germany is much shorter, there is a vast improvement in the chances of all our troops making it to Germany in one piece.

• It is possible that, with added pressure, Yugoslavia and Poland will survive for a great length of time

Sending Troops to Germany, the Drawbacks:
  • Miss out on the opportunity to gain a new ally

• Risk of Poland and Yugoslavia falling and thus having to face the combined Communist forces alone, resulting in huge casualties.

• Many more dead as a result of the Communist airforces, the RAF is still not ready to wrest control of the skies from the Communists.

Germany, Dortmund Will be Occupied Within Days

Should Italy be invaded the above picture shows where we will make our landing, Naples. As soon as we land troops will be sent to Foggia creating a bottleneck and the remaining army will be sent south the take the rest of the boot. Once this objective is acheived the remaining divisions will rendezvous with the other two armies and begin the push North, the Campaing will be considered a success if the Yugoslavian border is reached.

If the Campaign in Italy is completed and Yugoslavia is still independant [no less than 30% of her must remain otherwise she will be deemed a lost cause] then we shall attempt to intervene and come to her aid. Poland however is on her last Legs, despite dogged resiliance her time looks to be coming to an end as the Communist dogs surround her- Warsaw has fallen and only Kosice and Lvov remain as vital provinces. Good luck Poland, stall the bastards for as long as you can.

Polands Unenviable Situation

We continue to advance in our research, our marines werre recently improved and we have moved on to research rocket artillery, once complete we shall begin research of Improved infantry division.

Technological Advancement

The war has reached all corners of the globe and while Argentina and Brazil are still locked in stalemate, Canada and America are not being so timid....

Canada Invades the U.S

i say invade italy. the faster you get up tothe alps the easier it will be to fortify against germans

Canada Invades the U.S

I think you mean: The U.S. invades Canada :rofl:

Yeah, attack Italy, and hope that the Germans can move enough troops south for you to make some gains. Also, have you taken MC yet of France? Use their divisions to help attack.

Yeah use operation "pasta" against the germans :p

Its interesting how you all feel invading Italy is the better option, it may be the option i choose, if i had three extra divisions i would send ironside to Germany and the nine divisions to Italy.

I realise the delay in an update and im really sorry for such a delay. We are moving house and i have been busy recently, packing has begun and so forth. The AAR will not be stopped until its finished however for the next month [atleast until 1st october] updates and even my presence here may be....irregular.

Again in very sorry, i will try and get another update out soon however i cannot say when another will be. Hang in there loyal readers, the Ultimate War will continue !

We'll stay and read, don't worry.

GeneralHannibal said:
We'll stay and read, don't worry.

This AAR has been alot of fun to write and im determined to see her through to the end. I will try and update a few more times before we move [september] it will just be irregular, as things seemm to be popping up very frequently recently.

Looks like Canada attack the US made some progress then got set back. :rofl: . Nice update !

Snake IV said:
Yes, have you moved yet?

Very very sorry for the delay- i have just started University and we move on Tuesday!

Normal service will be resumed once i get an internet connection in the new house :)

In From The cold [ The Ultimate War Continued]

"Another Drink!"

Atleast thats what i will be saying when i finish writing this report, at times like these they get harder to write. I cant help my mind wondering...to what will happen tomorrow.....

Military Update​

Quite a bit to report actually, our forces have arrived in Persia and have instantly repelled a feeble Soviet invasion force, they have [according to Intelligence] one tank division on the border [it was a lone infantry division that was repelled] and we fully intend to take advantage of the fact that we were correct,the Soviet-Persian border is woefully defended and if things stay this way the slight incursions into Persian territory will be repelled and surrounding Soviet territories including the prize, Baku will be claimed for the Allies.

Also Italy's war is over, we have taken all strategic locations in the North of Africa and all that is left is the capture of Addis Ababa and the Italian nightmare will end for good.
Unless ofcourse we should revive the country but more on that later.

Diplomatic News​

Siam is a worry for us now [Yes yet another worry, this isnt a war...this is Hell on Earth] and they continue to be influenced by Japan. While it is true that Japan looks to be in a position of inevitable defeat, a new ally for the Axis on the Indian border is the last thing we want. Yes we could probably repel any invasion attempted however it will be yet another drain on our already stretched resources and manpower and ofcourse another front is always a bad thing.

We also continue to influence China and our relations are far better than they were a year ago. As has been stated numerous times before China joining the Allies would be a major headache for the Communist forces of the Soviet Union and would give us a major Ally.

We hope the current state of the war [Germany has enemies on all of its borders - France, U.K, Yugoslavia and Poland] wont stop them declaring war on both Belgium and the Netherlands as their support could be vital especially in our current situation.

Also Canada and America continue to battle [we reported previously on Canadas invasion of Greenville] although the USA is mounting further offensive operations and the Canadians initial surge may be grinding to a halt, lets hope we dont have to drop something to defend one of our most valuable Allies.

Germany - To Hell and Back

Let us make on thing clear, we do not hate the German people. Infact we feel we must win this war for not only the sake of the free world but also Germany [and all other nations that have declared themselves enemies of democracy] as the civilians in these countries must be freed from Tyranny and Oppression. We believe even in a war so awful that we can all benefit from it, when Democracy triumphs hopefully this will be a lesson learned.
And Learned Well.

We have continued to advance in Germany and in doing so we have completed a crucial objective. Both Dortmund and Essen are now ours.

Britain Advances Further

This was not without setback as we were driven out of Lubeck and attempted advances into both Kassel and Gottingen were repelled [these resulted in the loss of Lubeck] however as of this moment i can confirm Lubeck has been recaptured and our lines are ready to defend the area.

Essen is taken, Lubeck is recaptured- Dortmund is the problem although the German forces have made no attempt to retake her.

Italy- Britain Launches Operation Buffalo

Operation: Buffalo. Catchy title? Its not a concern, we have been more interested in planning the invasion of mainland and establishing a new Italian government, a free Italy. The name [should you be interested] is in the thought of what the African Buffalo look like when exiting rivers [and evading crocodiles] massive, swift and unstoppable- quite like what we hope our invasion force will be like when she lands.

This was a lovely plan to begin with and regardless of whether or not we are correct about there being limited Occupation troops in Italy there was a much larger problem facing us: The Sea. For years she has been dominated by Britain however in the current hostilities the sheer number of enemy vessels puts us at a disadvantage and there was no doubt the Journey would be very hazardous and may not reach Italy.

It Did.

The Troops are loaded onto the British Ships That Wil Carry Them to Italy

Sardinia is Liberated, it is the new Temporary Base of Operations Until we Land

The Moment That Shall Always be Remembered and When Britain Held her Breath- Britain Invades Italy From the Sea

Operation: Buffalo was always a huge risk, the fact that it succeeded was not due to ourselves in Britain in our offices behind our desks...no. It has been acheived solely through the bravery and Commitment to Democracy and the Freedoms it gives by the British Naval and Armed forces that this worked. I would like you to pause for a minute and think of and thank those people who are currently fighting in one of the most Important operations in Britains History.

Give ' Em Hell Boys

Woot! And so it begins It`s now a 2 front war :D

Woot! And so it begins It`s now a 2 front war

France seems content to sit and wait...and wait..and wait....

Yep i am fighting Germany on two fronts now!

Yugoslavia has apparently taken back Osijek. How does thier situation look like all in all?

You ask and you shall recieve in the next update :)