• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Dhimmi said:
that depends on how long there able to put up an effective resistance, if they cave in to quickly ( what always happens inmy games) it makes your situation worse

In a perfect scenario i will control the German territories infront of the Netherlands and Belgium thus creating a buffer- i could then bring my troops in from France and hopefully France, Belgium and Netherlands will do something even just reinforcing my lines would be a help.

Standing Alone

Britain continues to lose men in Germany, Britain continues to gain ground in Germany and France continues to stand idle. If we had more men we would immediatly launch an invasion through Italy to draw more German troops from their concentrations thus further thining their lines however we cannot though it is obvious France could. Allied reconnaissance has shown that Italy is very poorly defended especially the border with France, should Britain have to withdraw from Germany we will have gained no advantage although we will pursue Italy as an alternative course of action against the Communists.

Our most immediate concern is The German front, the losses being inflicted by the Luftwaffe is substantial and we are still considering pulling out all together, the fact is we do not have the men to Annex Germany and the most we can achieve is causing the Communists a problem while throwing the bulk of our forces at a futile front. Yes, Italy will be watched more closely from now on.....

We are embarking on a campaign to make sure all our Allies are prepared for this war and to that end we have made sure they all have the most basic infantry divisions as it is obvious these will be there most valuable assets in this Hell we have grown used to calling an
Epic War.

Portugal receiving Basic Infantry Division

Also we are now getting painfuly close to completing our first Submarine fleet, the completion of the first will usher in many more.

It is obvious we will never Annex the Soviet Union, Germany will be very hard to Annex and hold and if the situation stays like that then our defeat is Inevitable- this cannot be allowed to happen thus our plan for taking Argentina is still on, we may not be able to defeat the Communist and Fascist dogs however we can own more of the Worlds vital provinces thus winning without having to destroy them in their own countries.

an epic war now...guess we're still not at ultimate yet? arg all those divs just sitting at the belgium border..

lifeless said:
an epic war now...guess we're still not at ultimate yet? arg all those divs just sitting at the belgium border..

Very annoying isnt it, ah if only we could use them

Thanks for reading all!

If they had a British land connection into mainland Germany (i.e. if you take a province in the Siegfried line like Saarbrücken) would that bring the French to attack into mainland Germany?

Draigh said:
If they had a British land connection into mainland Germany (i.e. if you take a province in the Siegfried line like Saarbrücken) would that bring the French to attack into mainland Germany?

That was my original plan, it failed to come to fruition though as the Germans had to many men in their forts for me to breakthrough. I would have much prefered to do it that way but a landing was the last choice. I am considering a new landing in Italy though.

I hope your Spitfires will improve the situation :)

General Jac said:
I hope your Spitfires will improve the situation :)

:)

Oh so do i, i really need them badly now- i have already lost more than one division at the hands of the bloody Luftwaffe.

You could always convert your electric sub's into bombs.

German soldier: Hey, what's that huge thingy coming at us?

other soldier: It looks like...a submarine?

people on submarine: YAAAHOOOO!!!!

Gul Brown said:
That was my original plan, it failed to come to fruition though as the Germans had to many men in their forts for me to breakthrough. I would have much prefered to do it that way but a landing was the last choice. I am considering a new landing in Italy though.
I have seen Germany control Italy before and I have seen the English make landings there then. In the same game I saw my great Albanian tanks so I assume you know what I am talking about now. Even if the most English landings where on just a couple of divisions it took a while for the Germans to clean them away, because the divisions sationed in Italy was singel divisions in some of the provinces, often Bulgarian and Rumanian. If you land with a bigger number of troops you will be unopposed for a while while Germany transfers some of the troops on the French-Italian border to deal with you, and they take thier time. So the number you will deal with when the heavy fighting begins will be around the number you can see on the border. I would expect that number to be quite smaller than the number I saw as Germany had built up for so extremly long. I would recomend ou to free Italy as soon as posisble, unless this is a much smarter Germany it shouldn't be too hard. Of course, the Germany I had was screwed up by that the Danzig event never where and was not too bright.

Snake IV said:
I have seen Germany control Italy before and I have seen the English make landings there then. In the same game I saw my great Albanian tanks so I assume you know what I am talking about now. Even if the most English landings where on just a couple of divisions it took a while for the Germans to clean them away, because the divisions sationed in Italy was singel divisions in some of the provinces, often Bulgarian and Rumanian. If you land with a bigger number of troops you will be unopposed for a while while Germany transfers some of the troops on the French-Italian border to deal with you, and they take thier time. So the number you will deal with when the heavy fighting begins will be around the number you can see on the border. I would expect that number to be quite smaller than the number I saw as Germany had built up for so extremly long. I would recomend ou to free Italy as soon as posisble, unless this is a much smarter Germany it shouldn't be too hard. Of course, the Germany I had was screwed up by that the Danzig event never where and was not too bright.

Im thinking of Taking my remaining troops in France [Ironside leading this army ofcourse] and making the trip by sea to the boot of Italy, opening up yet another front for both myself and the Germans and hopefully stretching their forces further- if it goes very well i could liberate Italy, and station troops on the yugoslavian/italian border and try create an impassable bottleneck.

I now have lost the little faith I had in the AI. That performance is truly pathetic for Germany.

In any case, good work. The revolutionary aliens are obviously fiddling with German military policy.

I now have lost the little faith I had in the AI. That performance is truly pathetic for Germany.

In any case, good work. The revolutionary aliens are obviously fiddling with German military policy.

Time for an update ?

Thank you for reading! So far i expected much more of a......"bite" from the German army but it has not came although in their defence they are fighting on three [4?] fronts- im sure when Poland falls my invasion force will be the target of a massive counterattack.

Also im really sorry for the recent delays in updates, i love this AAR so dont worry it shall never be abandoned [and as i said has many many....tales still to tell ;) ] the reason for the recent delay in updates is we are moving house :eek: I have never moved before except when i was around...1, that is what we call a "wean" in Scotland - a kid! So im quite excited, its just we are currently selling our house so have viewers coming to see it quite a bit.
I will keep you guys [my loyal readers ] updated on the situation, thank you for your patience.
I will update soon :)

Gul Brown

Who Wears the Boot?​

Britain continues to advance on all fronts, we have continued to take land in Germany along with Italian assets in Africa [helped by our Egyptian allies]. We feel it is only a matter of time before Italy is totally defeated, her army is non existant and when we take her final provinces in Africa she will have no choice but to accept her total annexation. We have run into a problem in Persia, our Military control over our Iraqi allies is proving to be frustrating and pointless! The Soviets [as expected] have minimal men in the area, certainly not enough to even pose Persia a threat and naturaly we have designated Baku to be the chief target in the area - her Persian occupation would be a huge coup for us- and she is defended by a sole division, a sole division which our seven Iraqi divisions refuse to attack. Luckily our three divisions from India have crossed the border and are now advancing to the front, we hope they shall be able to bring Baku, one of the Soviets Jewels, to our side.

Outside of Europe- An Update on Britains Other Fronts

Europe

The war against Germany for us remains in our favour, Poland and Yugoslavia continue to resist [they have even begun to retake provinces, including a gutsy invasion of Slovakia by Poland] and their determination to resist the poison of the Communist forces is a testament to their bravery and dedication to Democracy, their struggle must be used as a beacon...a sign that we shall never yeild or submit and that Poland must be saved.
The German front started badly recently as the Germans launched their largest counter-attack yet and managed to retake Lubeck. It was a smart move as our own troops were disorganised from the assault on the province and were quickly defeated. We waited, regrouped and launched a counter-attack of our own which was a success at around the same time our men arrived in Munster.

Britain Loses Lubeck

Britain captures Lubeck....Again

We now Have a Substantial Portion of Germany & Japan continues her Conquest of British interests....Vengeance Will Have to Wait

The above Photos show we have one Hurricane fighter group in Germany which is now flying over British held territories in Germany in an attempt to halt the Bombing raids by the Luftwaffe on British troops.
We feel Italy is a ripe target and would cause Germany a severe headache to have to fight on another front, thus preparations for a landing on Italies boot are commencing. It has been decided the man who will lead this daring attack [Britains second of the war] shall be Field Marshall Ironside. He shall be supported by two other, smaller armies bringing the total men to over ten divisions. If all goes to plan this force should be enough to take a good portion of Italy as the country is not wide and so our troops will not have to be spread very thin, the most important thing for us is the power of our punch in advancing up the boot. The most dangerous part of the whole operation is getting to Italy. We have noticed huge naval engagements between Germany and America off of the German coast and this long journey to Italy could be very treacherous. We are only one Submarine flotilla away from having our first Submarine force and this should aid as greatly in reclaiming the seas for Britain. We also now have our very first motorized division which has been formed in Britain.
If we can take up to Rome in German Occupied Italy, the balance of Power in europe could take a swing in our favour. The German armies would be split even more and will have to take men away from other fronts in order to halt our attack thus using more manpower and supplies. Hopefully this could prolong Yugoslavia and Polands fight against the Commintern and if we could somehow link up with the Yugoslavian troops things would become even more interesting however we will take this one step at a time and the main step....is getting to Italy.

Do you plan to call the invasion "operation Spagetti"? :p

Hehe, my own division. Not as good as lifeless' and Yoy's but still.

I think you should take Sardinia before you reach Addis Ababa, otherwise Germany will get Sardinia.

EDIT:But on the other hand, they might not be able to get any division there. Probably

Snake IV said:
Hehe, my own division. Not as good as lifeless' and Yoy's but still.

I think you should take Sardinia before you reach Addis Ababa, otherwise Germany will get Sardinia.

EDIT:But on the other hand, they might not be able to get any division there. Probably

I forgot to attach anything to your division :p

Do you plan to call the invasion "operation Spagetti"?

I am trying to think of a good title for it, until i do its just invading italy. Spagetti , as great an idea as it is by you...err....just might not be appropriate ;)