• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
320px-Flag_of_Bavaria_%28striped%29.svg.png

The Kingdom of Bavaria

The Republic of Alsace Lorraine is welcome to their view, however it was Prussia who caused this entire war. If they accepted the will of the people there would be no war.

And yet the Bavarian Government remains silent as to the statements made by Her Majesty's Government. Do you not now see peoples of Germany, that Bavaria has allied herself with schemers and vagabonds that would crush Germany under foot? Furthermore we ask the Bavarian Government, why do you remain on the side of those who have tried to betray you? Your Government has seen the truth Bavarians, and they are keeping the proof of our words from you!​

OOC: They are most likely keeping our words too, not just the proof.

The Kingdom of Spain would also like to protest the illegal annexation and subsequent military rule imposed on the peoples of Catalonia, as a sign of the huge hypocrisy in the French Entente, whose governments have no legitimacy to speak on behalf of the people they keep slaughtering by the thousands to fuel their dreams of empire. People of France, rise up against your utterly corrupt and despotic government, and spare yourselves the horror of a war started by your leaders. Let them fight their war alone, rather than sending thousands of French to die for them.

Spain announces our full commitment to obtaining peace in Europe again, and we ask for the support of the French people in obtaining such peace. Let us hope that such a war to contain the ambitions of the French despots to controlling Europe should not be needed anymore!

Last edited:
OOC: Right calm down UK, I'll reply to you later. I need to get my coursework done first.

Ottoman Empire
4loaiu.png

Ottoman Empire is pleased to see, that Persian Shah have changed his mind and altered his stance against our most important ally. Integrity of private and state investement is essential for flow of capital to our region and actions of just one ruler compromises all.

Signed, Sultan Abdülmecid.

Her Majesty's Government makes the following demands, to be carried out by the Persian Government in order to avoid the use of force to obtain them.

The following damages shall be paid:

£20,000 for loss of productivity to be paid to those involved
£10,000 for compensation to be paid to those affected for mental and physical stress
£1,000 for the cost of communiques and diplomatic efforts
£5,000 for the cost of mobilisation of a large part of Her Majesty's Indian Fleet
£4,000 for the forced and unprovoked extradition of British citizens

These damages must be paid before the date of 1/1/1864, either as a lump sum, or as a gradual payment.

In addition, Her Majesty's Government demands all property is returned to its former owner, and that the Persian Government issue a full and sincere apology to both Her Majesty's Government and all affected citizens.​

OOC: No. Yesterday you said I would be pleasantly surprised.

Prices are given 1000 fold, so I want £40 in game money, an apology and my industry back.

OOC: Actually he only gives you £10 in game money the rest goes to your people who's money isn't represented and so Persia loses £40 and you gain £10 and anyway why are the British setting up Industry in Persia rather than Britian. Maybe it's a sign that the British realise that their government's days are numbered and are seeking to secure themselves else where before Communism takes over.

OOC: Create industry in India for the poor peasant-eating peasants.

OOC: Thankyou for the wonderfully unneeded and painfully obvious comment Thandros. :rolleyes:

Siege of Paris: July - November 1862

König Friedrich III arrived on the outskirts of Paris along with Otto von Bismarck and General von Moltke, along with 40,000 fresh Prussian troops, on July 4th, 1862. His goal was to motivate, and push, his soldiers to surround and capture Paris. Quickly overriding General von Moltke, he ordered the City of Paris surrounded by the Prussian Army and all supplies cut off. His plan was to starve the city out, and cause its capitulation.

To try and defend the city, the Parisians rallied everyone to their side, students, men, women, even children were given rifles to try and hold back the Prussians, who made a few attempts at breaching the city's defenses. The most significant of this was when 10,000 Prussian Soldiers tried to enter the city by means of the Seine River, where their boats were quickly sunk by some quick-thinking students. [-3,000 Regulars from Prussia.]

575px-Franco-Prussian_War_-_Students_Going_to_Man_the_Barricades_-_Illustrated_London_News_Oct_1_1870.jpg

1. French Students going to man the barricades of Paris.

The Siege lasted for another two months until in mid-September, König Friedrich ordered the massive Krupp Guns that had been shipped to the front line to start bombarding the city and her defenses. He wanted the city of Paris to fall, as he was unsure of how long his army could hold off the repeated attacks on their position by the French army. [-15,000 Conscripts from France. -9,000 Regulars from Prussia. -3,000 Conscripts from Prussia.]

Every day, thousands of pounds of lead and steel descended on Paris, but the stubborn French refused to give up their city, even when hundreds died of starvation, and a small Communist coup, inspired by the Worker's Commonwealth, started to take root in the Northern section of the city. Nevertheless, the Prussians continued with their assault, and a railroad from the Ruhr area to Paris was constructed simply to bring more ordnance and guns to the frontline.

Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-H26707%2C_Deutsch-franz%C3%B6sischer_Krieg_1870-71%2C_Paris%2C_Belagerung.jpg

2. The Prussian artillery on the outskirts of Paris.

Finally, on November 18th, the order was given by the French commander to raise the white flag of surrender. In order to try and save the city, the men, and the civilians, the French conceded defeat and let the Prussian forces march into the city and take the rest of the French Army, letting the men go home to their fields and farms, as long as they went on parole. [-30,000 Regulars from France. -95,000 Conscripts from France.]

Spurned on by the Capitulation of Paris, and the suspected offer of peace from the French, König Friedrich III and his Generals marched into the Hall of Mirrors in the Palace Versailles, where they promptly proclaimed the establishment of the German Empire, the legal successor state to the Kingdom of Prussia, and with Friedrich III crowned as the new Deutscher Kaiser.

Reichsgr%C3%BCndung1871-AW.jpg

3. Proclamation of the German Empire in the Hall of Mirrors.

Included in this delegation was a few members of the civilian government of Munich, Bavaria, calling themselves the Representatives of the Republic of Bavaria, signed an agreement with Kaiser Friedrich that would annex Bavaria to the German Empire, effectively giving the German Empire a reason to continue with the invasion of Bavaria, claiming it to be a territory of the German Empire.

germanempirew.png

4. Territory of the German Empire, with the Republic of Bavaria in light grey.

With the German Empire now dominating Central Europe, the allied powers of the Russian Empire, the Austrian Empire, the Kingdom of Bavaria, and the Empire of the French, now must face the German Empire, the Kingdom of Italy, the Kingdom of Spain and the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland.

Last edited:
OOC: I think the French are as good as lost while Bavaria has only weeks to live probably looking at it. They had better consider making peace soon or they'll likely be Annexed in the case of Bavaria or in the Case of the others forced to sign away large tracts of land.

OOC: I think the French are as good as lost while Bavaria has only weeks to live probably looking at it. They had better consider making peace soon or they'll likely be Annexed in the case of Bavaria or in the Case of the others forced to sign away large tracts of land.

OOC: I will fight to the end! Even if all hope is lost!

320px-Flag_of_Bavaria_%28striped%29.svg.png

The Kingdom of Bavaria

The Kingdom of Bavaria does not recognise either the Bavarian republic or Prussia's name change.

I went into this update not thinking Prussia would win the Siege of Paris, but I rolled twice and got 12 both times. So. German Empire it is.

Yup.

I went into this update not thinking Prussia would win the Siege of Paris, but I rolled twice and got 12 both times. So. German Empire it is.

OOC: So do you roll a 2D6 or something to determine results.

Anyway so the American Civil war has all it's updates for this turn. The French Front in Europe is covered and I doubt anything's going on in Spain and if there is It'll likely be in the main update while the East has been covered as well. Austria was covered last time in the main update and so unless something really big happens I'll guess It'll be the same there as well. This means most of Europe has been covered and there is Still the better part of two days for something in Asia. I like those odds.

Every time you mention an Asian update, the less likely I am to write one.