• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(59946)

Corporal
Aug 16, 2006
E poc fan of Eu3 and like to think of myself as a more than competent player of most nations, although the country guides and strategy guides for beginning and even some experienced players are simply invaluable, i post on this forum in an appeal for players to contribute there favorite nation and a breakdown of how they used them to most effectively.

Thanks All.

To be honest, I was planning on re-writing some of my old guides on the wiki after HttT comes out. Until then, I don't see much point doing this.

But there most certainly is a point - only a number of people will play HttT, which is likely to leave a sufficient number of players looking for the guides on playing the older versions. But, I'll leave the discussing of strategy to people with experience.

Why would anyone not play add-ons is beyond me.

Different strokes for different folks. How is that hard to understand?
I suggest you go play vanilla for half an hour and come back with understanding of my point on add-oned EU3 vast superiority over everything that was before that. :)

For example imagine having to send merchants by hand.

yeah compared to IN eu3 vanilla was quite... horrible, trading was damn near impossible/not worth the time, you had to keep track of it at any time :/

Myself just as I wrote before I'm waiting for HttT to start playing EU3 again and then will try to write a bunch of things just like I always do. I don't feel like writing when I'm not playing, it's a slippery thing to do making it easy to make some small mistake or two that will ruin someone's game if he learns to play based on my work.

If it wasn't for CoD and DAO I'd probably be writing something for HoI3 wiki at this very moment. :)

Yeah, I've seen the restructuring and am really happy with it. Good work guys. Will join you soon.