• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
"Political bickering will not win an election friends, it is the people that must choose. Yelling and fighting among yourselves as to who should represent whom is not going to put in the place of leading the fatherland."

-General Cesar Roseno

On the contrary, I invite the Liberales to take the brave step and nominate and independent candidate for the presidency. An independent president can form a Cabinet based on competence instead of party membership. An independent president can make sure the government jobs and the high military positions are given to the most competent people, regardless of political and ideological loyalties. That's why I invite all parties to nominate Karl Weissmüller as their Candidate.

"Most intriguing move Mr. Weissmüller. Either you win it all or you loose it all, are the two possible outcomes I can see from this 'scheme' of yours (scheme in a positive way). Although it is indeed possible to form a cabinet based on competense without being an independant candidate. Even though you run for the independant ticket then your policies are -very- liberal, which means that the state policies (if your elected) will be liberal policies. This will mean that whoever votes for you and is not a liberale will be in the same situation as the Conservadores were under Badajoz, where we unfortunatly placed him in power without any of our policies being reflected. If you truely wished to work on a broad scale, then you would pick different policies from the different parties, because it is the policies of the president that will form the nation, and even though you invite Nacionale and or Conservadores into government positions, then it will make not much of a difference. Nonetheless good luck to you."

- El Presidente Romano

Mr. Weissmüller, you appear to be a liberal fooling people into thinking you are a independent to get more votes. This is an affront to all conservadores! The liberals accomplished nothing but war a economic stagnation, but under Presidente Romano and the conservadores Chile has become a powerful economic force, capable of defending itself. This in itself is proof of the superiority of conservative politics.

-Armando de Vasces

Mr. Weissmüller, you appear to be a liberal fooling people into thinking you are a independent to get more votes. This is an affront to all conservadores! The liberals accomplished nothing but war a economic stagnation, but under Presidente Romano and the conservadores Chile has become a powerful economic force, capable of defending itself. This in itself is proof of the superiority of conservative politics.

-Armando de Vasces

As well as the Nacionales. We were equal members in the coalition, so Chile's present state would be nothing without our policies as well.

The 1856 Primaries​

In the wake of the second Chilean Civil War, the break-off of the Partido Tradicional, and the dissolution of the Partido Monarquico, the Chilean 1856 primaries were a time of turmoil for the political elite. President Romano had been a stabilizing force in Chile and however successful or inept he might have been during his administration, his departure left a power vacuum that would not be easy to fill. Though the end of his term as President had been by no means unexpected, the prospect of a new election still seemed to manufacture chaos in the political spheres.

The Nacionales, who many still believed to be the most powerful faction despite the recent mutiny of the Tradicionales, scrambled to find suitable candidates. General Cesar Roseno, an old power in the Nacionales conventions, once again threw his hat into the ring. General Sebastian Carrow, whose exploits (successes and failures) had earned him a certain amount of respect in all parties, felt strong enough to pit himself against Roseno.

In the Conservadores, the current and perhaps future Party of Power, incumbent Minister of the Treasury Armando de Vasces pitted himself against Minister of State Jorge Gales for control of the party. With the incumbent Romano refusing to take sides in his own party's primary, many speculated it was this race that would decide the fate of the election.

The Tradicionales and the Liberales both nominated relative unknowns in uncontested primaries: Minister of Church and Culture Antonio Disraeli for the Tradicionales and Carlos Andonie for the Liberales. Each party had its own agenda: the Tradicionales wished to secure their place in the Chilean political scence, while the Liberales wished to restore their former glory. Last, the dark horse Karl Weissmüller entered the race with a broad platform and unclear agenda.

With no fewer than seven candidates across five parties in the race, many observers were left with no predictions and only the feeling that time would tell the result.

Primary Candidates

Liberales Candidate:
Carlos Andonie, ((rudders10)) - Laissez-Faire/????/Full Citizenship/Free Trade/Pro Military - [post=13083755]Here[/post]

Conservadores Candidates:
Armando de Vasces, ((OConner)) - Interventionism/Moralism/Limited Citizenship/Protectionism/Pro Military - [post=13083013]Here[/post]

Jorge Gales, ((WelshDude)) - No Platform, post one please!

Nacionales Candidates:
Sebastián Carrow, ((Seek75)) - Laissez-Faire/Moralism/Full Citizenship/Protectionism/Jingoism - [post=13082932]Here[/post] and [post=13085330]Here[/post]

Cesar Roseno, ((Red Cesar)) - Interventionism/Secularism/Full Citizenship/Protectionism/Jingoism - [post=13085512]Here[/post]

Tradicionales Candidate:
Antonio Disraeli, ((Rogov)) - State Capitalism/Moralism/Residency/Protectionism/Pro Military - [post=13085613]Here[/post]

Independent Candidate:
Karl Weissmüller, ((yourworstnightm)) - Interventionism/Pluralism/Full Citizenship/Free Trade/Jingoism - [post=13083200]Here[/post]

-------------------------

Player Actions Needed:

It's time for everyone's favorite game show - er... voting system.

Everyone vote on party coalitions. (Coalition With Any Party/Coalition with Weissmüller/No Coalition) and in the event of a coalition, who you would like to the Coalition Candidate. Remember that you can vote No Coalition if you don't want a coalition.

Also vote for a primary candidate if you're a Nacional or a Conservador.

I didn't get any reform submissions so we're not voting on that.

Here's a sample ballot below.

Party: Liberales
Coalition: Coalition with Weissmüller
Coalition Candidate: Weissmüller((This is who you want to be the Presidential candidate in the event of a coalition.))

A sample ballot for the Nacionales would appear would appear:
Party: Nacionales
Candidate: Abstain
Coalition: Coalition with Conservadores
Coalition Candidate: Abstain

If you wish to vote for more than one Coalition, you may do so:
Party: Conservadores
Candidate: Abstain
Coalition: Coalition with Monarquicos, Nacionales
Coalition Candidate: Roseno ((You can elaborate further in this row if need be.))

As before, CANDIDATES CAN VOTE in this particular election and make a difference because of their coalition preferences, if any. Weismuller must secure a coalition with at least one party to be on the ballot in the election proper.

I'll give this two days to vote, ending 6 PM PST (3 AM GMT, I believe) on the 18th. I may cut it short if we get enough votes in quickly (25 or more by two days from now).

And now I have to go write more of The Color of Blood. I trust you all know what you're doing by now.

Candidate: Adonie
Coalition: Conservadores or Nationales
Coailtion Candidate: Adonie, preferably, or Carrow or Weismueller

I hope to see the Partido Liberal return to the Presidential Mansion; however, I respect General Carrow and would support a coalition with him as the lead candidate. As well, though I would prefer a laissez-faire platform, I would be willing to support Weismueller.

Party: Nacionales.
Candidate: Roseno.
Coalition: Conservadores/Tradicionales.
Coalition Candidate: Roseno.

"Now is the time to reclaim our place is the son, countrymen! Now is the time to return greatness to the Fatherland! I have saved this nation on more then one occasion, and now I wish to do it yet again, if the people of Chile so wish it!"

-General Cesar Roseno

Party: Conservadores
Candidate: de Vasces ((the last Treasury Minister President was good, so how about another one?))
Coalition: with the Nacionales
Coalition Candidate: If a Conservadore, then de Vasces of course. If a Nacionale, then Roseno.

Candidate: Andonie
Coalition: Conservadores
Coailtion Candidate: Andonie, preferably, or Weissmüller

I am very happy to see the liberal cause has gained in strength in this election, be it through Andonie's candidacy or the more moderate positions one can find in Weissmüller and Carrow's platforms. Señor de Santa Rosa, I would also be happy to see such a distinguished Liberal contributing to the expansion of progressive ideas all over Chile, as peacefully as we can, through the press.

- P.G. Subercaseaux

Last edited:
Jorge Gales

I thank you for your vote, though slightly early, Mr..... ((not in your sig))

((Apologies for not having a platform. It will be posted directly))

EDIT: ((Can the recent term updates please be added to the contents?))

Last edited:
Jorge Gales's platform for Chile:

My economic policies are:
That the tax on the rich shall be at between one and ten percent heavier than on the middle class, and the same will go for middle class compared to the poor.
In addition, if factories should go into loss and there is not enough factories nearby to employ it’s workers, then it will be subsidised temporarily until a new factory is built using government money. Market research will be done to discover what would be the most profitable factory to build before construction starts.

My military policies are:
We should attempt to recruit as many brigades as possible, but not if it means going into deficit as a nation.

My citizenship policies:
If a Chilean moved to another country, he would no doubt like to be treated like as an equal to the people living there. In my Chile, immigrants will be treated as equal human beings, though they will have to learn Spanish before being able to get a job.

My religious policies:
I myself am a Catholic and always will be, and so I believe that should be the religion of our nations, since a majority of Chileans are also Catholic. But that does not mean other religions should be persecuted, and my policies as President would reflect such.
((What is the foreign situation?))

Last edited:
Do you have a more specific question?

((Who are we allied with? Who do we have less the 40 relations with in South America? Who do we have over 100 relations within South America? What wars are going on involving South America? What is our score, and rank, and what is the score and rank of nations between us and gain/losing Great-Powerage?))

Candidate: Adonie
Coalition: Conservadores
Coailtion Candidate: Adonie,

I would like to thank my supporters who have voted for me and urge for more support to return our glorious party to power,