• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The Value of the Game is rather high, far beyond its monetary value.

Its a fricking Sea Battle Simulation. How Many good ones are out there currently?

Even if you disregard the fact that it combines modern warfare and high realism.

We are playing niche games, so im really happy, that we get something so cool at all.

will the Gerald R. Ford class be in the game?-10 are under construction; the Gerald R. Ford, Jhon F kennedy, but CVN-80 has yet to be named
imgres

any chance of the albion class,oh and will the astute class (or any others) have retractable hydroplanes?
thanks for any reply, and thanks for making my game related life by making a modern warfare naval game!

You're 14, I have games older than your game related life! :p Seriously though, I doubt the Albions will be in as it's been said before that no amphibious units will be in because they haven't modelled amphibious landings IIRC.

any chance of the albion class,oh and will the astute class (or any others) have retractable hydroplanes?
thanks for any reply, and thanks for making my game related life by making a modern warfare naval game!
Thanks!

We're not making the Albion class at this stage. There's a lot of landing/amphibious ships we'd like to include, but their true purpose in life will not be part of the first version of the game. Makes for a great expansion later!

We're probably not going into that much detail on the models of each unit, as it would be a lot of work on something players would hardly ever see, and which serves little gameplay purpose. Budgets and all that, you know.

what about damage models? e.g. will ships have great rips in them from missile strikes? or hole below the water line for sub attacks?
and p.s. Do you know that you dont have a wikipidia article on you-you may want to do some

what about damage models? e.g. will ships have great rips in them from missile strikes? or hole below the water line for sub attacks?
and p.s. Do you know that you dont have a wikipidia article on you-you may want to do some
No, we have a simpler damage model. It's hit-point based, but components of ships (weapons, sensors, aircraft facilities) can be damaged as part of the impact.

We'll leave the wikipedia article writing to somebody who isn't us :)