• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yes, the problem with that is I have the CD-version of the original EU3, bought it long time ago. Lost the manual since then (yes, really!). It's quite annoying not to have access to the support forum because of this, even though I bought every expansion on Gamersgate...

But this particular problem is solved now anyway, so nevermind.

Take a picture of some proof of purchase, like the CD or something, and you might be able to email Paradox and get a registration-key.

Does that "promote cultural unity" decision actually do something or is this broken? How can I see if it does something?

It removes cores of non-existing countries from your province, if it has the proper culture. Handy way to clean up shop after annexing a bunch of minors. For example, as Byzantium, after you retake Greece, its a great way to get rid of those crusader state cores on your provinces.

It removes cores of non-existing countries from your province, if it has the proper culture. Handy way to clean up shop after annexing a bunch of minors. For example, as Byzantium, after you retake Greece, its a great way to get rid of those crusader state cores on your provinces.
There is a bug with this decision when you see it in the ledger though; the ledger sometimes shows this decision as available when it really is not. When it is really available you will see it in the decisions list from the province view.

Take a picture of some proof of purchase, like the CD or something, and you might be able to email Paradox and get a registration-key.
Registration of three expansions should really be accepted as proof of purchase of EU3.

Funny thing, the beta patch works fine, the official patch is at least semi-broken. I'll stick with the beta.

Same here.

But i trust Paradox will get back to us on those issues.

There is a bug with this decision when you see it in the ledger though; the ledger sometimes shows this decision as available when it really is not. When it is really available you will see it in the decisions list from the province view.

Ah thank you both, there was no description for nthis decision so it wasn't easy to get it.
I have the feeling that the ledger is a bit broken now, as I couldn't finf the canal building decision for a province there, but it was in the list in the province view.
But that might've been just me overlooking.

Same here.

But i trust Paradox will get back to us on those issues.

I really wish there was a way to pass the word to Paradox to improve the game setup log. Once it reaches

"Finished creating province collision data"

and crashes you have no idea where to look. I would think they could log the file the game was working on at the time of the crash. We really need this to be able to find out why mods crash due to new patches.

I am at the point of giving up on the game as it seems each new patch introduces something that kills my mod and I have no way of finding the problem as the logs provide no useful information. I know Paradox does not officially support mods but at least give us some help with the logs so we can support ourselves.

It would indeed be usefull if the logs could give more informations...

Are there any negative effects for multiplayer games detected/reported for this patch?

It would indeed be usefull if the logs could give more informations...

At what point does it exactly crash with you? For me it crashes right on "creating map-sprites". I thought this might have had something to do with the fact that every level of sprites are the same in my mod, but replacing them with vanilla files didn't help.

I just download and installed the official patch... and now, in most colonies, colonists arrive in one day (just one I see with 61 days...) strange...

At what point does it exactly crash with you? For me it crashes right on "creating map-sprites". I thought this might have had something to do with the fact that every level of sprites are the same in my mod, but replacing them with vanilla files didn't help.

I crash at "creating tests" (or message close to it). I've tested several things, but nothing works...