• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 7, 2009
Unsure how to get this to the developers but...

The US flag is incorrect in HOI 2, 3 and if memory serves HOI 1.
For the purposes of how the flag is used in this game, the union (blue background, 50 stars) would always be displayed in the upper left quadrant...In HOI, when the flag is shown vertically, its reversed and the union is on the top right. Can we get this corrected?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Vertical_United_States_Flag.svg

Cant wait for the game! Any idea if a MAC OS version is coming out?

Seriously people, out of all the mistakes that could be in the game, you think this is the one worth registering for on the forum to report?

At least it's not the flag of Communist Romania in 1936. Which was fixed, by the way. But I doubt this will be - it's a matter of interpretation. The flag could be hung either way physically.

The Union isn't always on the left.
For example if it's put on your right sleave of the uniform, it has to point towars your heart, so it will be pointing right.

Ironically, PIT_AMERO, isn't your flag the default one from HoI2? Seems correct to me.

Talking about a company that released HoI 1 with the Italian flag reversed despite being told that it was wrong during development. :rofl:

Although I thought there was a flag thread talking about things being corrected this go round?

The US is one of the main players in this scenario, surely requesting having the flag displayed correctly isn't that far out of line...but in terms of importance, I VERY MUCH agree, i would rather have v1.0 not crash than the flag be correct :rolleyes: ...this is just a small bug that has bothered me over the years and i am surprised it has never been corrected.

And its not a matter of perspective, if you display it vertically, its in the upper left. The previous comment about where you wear the flag or if it is on a vehicle is correct, and that's why i stated "for the purposes of how the flag is used in the game" besides which i think you are talking about the position when the flag is horizontal. Google if you don't believe me although granted, i assume that for those involved in the beta, there are far more pressing matters...

Seriously guys...... aren't all flags in this turned a quarter clockwise, why need an exception for the US flag.

Flag etiquette - that's technically how a US flag should be hung when vertical - with the canton on the left and not the right. Similarly the Union flag of the UK can technically be upside down as the cross of St. Patrick is off-centre. So yes, it's just a technicality that some people will want to be dealt with properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.