• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Can someone remind me the conditions to release a nation as a vassal?
Playing a Genoa game and got Corfu from Venice but it won't let me release them. I have options to release other nations (Corsica, Styria, etc.).
The province of Corfu has a tooltip on Corfu's 'core icon' which states this country could be formed from this province and this would be its capital. They have same religion as me since I converted them (Protestant).

I want to burn an infamy point for trade purposes, and a CoT is in Corfu which is penalizing me for not being a core.

Can someone remind me the conditions to release a nation as a vassal?
Playing a Genoa game and got Corfu from Venice but it won't let me release them. I have options to release other nations (Corsica, Styria, etc.).
The province of Corfu has a tooltip on Corfu's 'core icon' which states this country could be formed from this province and this would be its capital. They have same religion as me since I converted them (Protestant).

I want to burn an infamy point for trade purposes, and a CoT is in Corfu which is penalizing me for not being a core.

If they're the wrong culture, you can't release them (province vs Nation)

If they're the wrong culture, you can't release them (province vs Nation)

extended version: the primary culture of Corfu is Lombard while the culture of the province is Greek - you cannot release a nation unless it's primary culture matches the culture of the province
however, these nations can be force-released in peace deals and then the province culture would be their primary culture (in this case you would end up with a Greek cultured Corfu)

Thanks pevergreen, Vasziljevics
I knew it had been a while since I'd played EU3, but that's actually a rule I've never encountered before.

And to pay it forward...
gll25:
To become Mughalistan, a country must not be Persia or the Ottoman Empire. Their primary culture must be Altaic or Iranian. They'd have to not be a vassal, and control Jaipur, Panipat, Delhi, Lucknow, and Agra, and have cores there. Leader needs a military score of 6, and country must be at peace.
If one is a nomad, the conditions are slightly different. They'd still have to not be Persia or the Turks, the primary culture still must be Altaic or Iranian. But they need only control the provinces mentioned above, don't need a core. Nomads can also form Mughalistan by vassalizing Khandesh, Delhi, and Sindh (all other conditions apply, but doesn't require you control any particular provinces if you've vassalized all three).

So, off my head, I think the easiest and most obvious choice is the Timurids (that's how it happened historically as well), though any horde with an Altaic primary culture can do it (even Golden Horde). Non-horde candidates would be Baluchistan and Durrani (I think they have an Iranian culture)... I can't think of who else.
Best you load a 1399 (or anywhere) start, load up a local nation (Delhi, Timurids) and see who has the correct primary culture.

Does my EU3 (chronicle) support 64-bit windows 7?
I was trying to run it (updated to 5.1). The game froze at the map initializing stage (just before the main manu supposed to pop out, I believe) at first run.
Game definitely runs on 64-bit Windows 7. You need to post in the tech support forum; include the game's setting.txt, logs\system.log and system_error.log files as well as the output from DXDIAG through the "sound devices" section.

Does the manoeuvre from naval idea and Britannia Rules the waves effect generals as well as admirals? And is manoeuvre important to generals? Never checked this much.

What about fire and shock for admirals?

Does the manoeuvre from naval idea and Britannia Rules the waves effect generals as well as admirals? And is manoeuvre important to generals? Never checked this much.

What about fire and shock for admirals?

I believe the NI only applies to admirals, but I'm not 100% sure.

As for manoeuvre and generals, high-manoeuvre generals move faster (which is super-powerful, as it lets you overrun defeated armies), and also reduces attrition. I find that a high-manoeuvre general is very powerful, if used correctly.

What nations can get cardinals again?

1. I hear "overseas" provinces can't get cardinals. But what if I release for example Inca as my vassal, and then they convert their provinces, then Inca in itself wouldn't be "overseas"....could it then get cardinals?

2. But I also heard that only european provinces can get cardinals...can anyone confirm this?

3. Can Avignon become the Papal States?

What nations can get cardinals again?

1. I hear "overseas" provinces can't get cardinals. But what if I release for example Inca as my vassal, and then they convert their provinces, then Inca in itself wouldn't be "overseas"....could it then get cardinals?

2. But I also heard that only european provinces can get cardinals...can anyone confirm this?

3. Can Avignon become the Papal States?

-All Catholic nations have a chance to have a cardinal on the curia.

-idk about that rumor but basing from my GBR game, wherein I stayed Catholic and I have most of Northern America and the Spanish Main, overseas provinces count towards the "cardinal chance" on the curia. And yes, some of my previous cardinals were from the Americas, and even now Naples, who's in exile on South America, has a cardinal from Patagonia.

-Since cardinals can come from the Americas, I don't see why they can't come from Asia.

-I've read somewhere that you can't exactly be the papal states BUT if the Papal States cease to exist, due to annexation and whatnot, and you are a Catholic Theocracy, you'll have the chance to change your government into the Papacy thus, you'll be the new papal state of sort. Whether or not your country name and flag will change to that of the Papal States once you change your government to a papacy, is unknown to me, sorry.