• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You can always call YOUR MOM.

LOL ROFLMAO....sorry, love mom jokes...

Anyway, you can call allies, you make an ally through marriage, which if you ask me there should be treaties too. The problem, of course, is that allies rarely will answer your call and back you up...which is idiotic, when you look at the percent of times I have had an ally ditch on me.

I never count on em, personally.

You actually do see who you can call from the Allies tab--any that are in green are callable. Those in red are not for various reasons, which include at least two I know about: (1) they are your vassal (they are already helping you by providing levees). (2) You are a vassal yourself and your ally is from outside your ultimate liege's realm (for example, if I am a vassal of the Basileus of Byzantium, I cannot call my Russian in-law ally to help me, because he is not himself a vassal of the Basileus.)

IIRC there is one of those alerts (right term?) at the top of the screen that says something along the lines of "we can call allies to arms" and by clicking on it you can see who can be called before you actually call them.

Well I've had people call me to arms that are not in my allies list or if they are I do not have an option to call them to arms, not even an unclickable call to arms button. So i don't think its allies. I mean I could be wrong, shrug.

I think in certain circumstances (e.g Holy War) you can call or be called even if you aren't allies. If this is the case I don't think you lose prestige by refusing like you would if it was an ally.

I think in certain circumstances (e.g Holy War) you can call or be called even if you aren't allies. If this is the case I don't think you lose prestige by refusing like you would if it was an ally.

Actually im really curious about this. I have definately seen people call me to arms , who are not allies , over depose and lower CA wars. Yet i cannot do the same when i depose or make a lower ca war. Seems very weird or at the very least , inconsistent.

Actually im really curious about this. I have definately seen people call me to arms , who are not allies , over depose and lower CA wars. Yet i cannot do the same when i depose or make a lower ca war. Seems very weird or at the very least , inconsistent.

Actually you should be able to. I've called vassals of my former liege into my wars to seize the crown.

Well I've had people call me to arms that are not in my allies list or if they are I do not have an option to call them to arms, not even an unclickable call to arms button. So i don't think its allies. I mean I could be wrong, shrug.

You may not be able to call an ally if they have refused you or you have refused them in the last five years. Otherwise you should be able to call any ally that can call you. You can always check in the Allies Tab if they appear there and are green or not.

Those are plots. Calling to arms would have the line about losing some prestige if you refuse (even if the number of prestige lost is 0). An invitation to a plot will not.