• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Salu Moniseur DD
Unfortunately your fix didnt work in my game. Of course I started a new game after install. Got the rigth Checksum and 150/200% boost option.
Jap didnt make well .Although I boosted everyone jap wasnt able to get china and make peace with them. Then they dow on me. Its now Feb.1942. Shouldnt Pearl Harbor have triggerd yet?

My Japan was also very sluggish in dealing with China, but once they did a naval invasion in early 39, they made steady progress and won in early 40. a little close for comfort, especially since they had the buff (gave to whole axis). Maybe an extra option of 'nerf china' to allow japan an easier time beating them? Or is it that Gul and I have random number generators that hate Japan?

Also, the 'total embargo' decision doesn't cancel my trades with Japan. I know its meant to remove the status effect, and it does, but shouldn't a total embargo also cancel all trade deals with Japan? If it matters, I was importing resources from them instead of the usual export (I made too much IC), but those should be canceled too, I think.

+1 on the Flying Tigers event. But then I biased as I am a "Pappy" Boyington fan.

Boyington was a Marine. Chennault's Flying Tigers were Army. :cool:

Boyington was a Marine. Chennault's Flying Tigers were Army. :cool:

Like I said I'm a "Pappy" fan.

Early in '41 when the "Tigers" were formed Boyington resigned his commission to join them; partly because he desperately needed the money and also because he was on the verge of court martial.

He resigned his marine commission for the duration

When the "Tigers' broke up (forget the date) he went back to the states and weaseled his way back into the "Corp" but not as a captain when he left but got himself promoted to Major to boot. Soon after that the Marines needed squadrons and he found himself with the oppurtunity to command VMF 214.
Thus the legend of the "Black Sheep" were born.

Like I said I'm a "Pappy" fan.

Early in '41 when the "Tigers" were formed Boyington resigned his commission to join them; partly because he desperately needed the money and also because he was on the verge of court martial.

When the "Tigers' broke up (forget the date) he went back to the states and weaseled his way back into the "Corp" but not as a captain when he left but got himself promoted to Major to boot. Soon after that the Marines needed squadrons and he found himself with the oppurtunity to command VMF 214.
Thus the legend of the "Black Sheep" were born.

I actually modded Boyington into my S&S game. I know he was never general level, but I couldn't think of any air force commander more deserving of a spot in the game.
Don't forget Tex Hill too. ;)

I actually modded Boyington into my S&S game. I know he was never general level, but I couldn't think of any air force commander more deserving of a spot in the game.

Due to his drinking doubt he would ever have made the rank even if he hadn't been shot down; but for flavor of the game sounds like one heck of an idea.

He certainly was one hot pilot and deserving of the MOH.

Nope, I would not change the economic decisions in the early game. You can alleviate them early, at the cost of working on things like naval units. The way it is set up now, you have to make choices about what you want to do, and give up some things to get others. Can't ask for much more than that.

Meglok, I don't understand what you're talking about. Maximizing income to 60$ a day only takes a minor leadership investment of 4-5 points for about 1 month. I sell everyone oil and fuel, which the USA certainly doesn't need. Heck, I still wind up with 99k oil and 99k fuel by the war, even though I never cancel the oil trades and my oil does hit 0 at some point. getting rid of the decisions ASAP gives me more IC, manpower, resources, less consumer goods (heck I wind up removing dissent even with 0 IC invested in consumer goods). I'm just not seeing the cost and trade off you're talking about.

I'm enjoying this Mod thoroughly , however I do have just one question , When can we expect to see Torpedo Boats included in Stars & Stripes ?

Strange happening. As the US (its 1941 and drawn into war with Germany but still neutral
to Japan) I leave a number of ships, aircraft, and land units in my "Strategic Reserve" and
they are unattached so i can assign them where i want them. I find after Germany declared
war that my Washington HQ (ex-NY HQ) is stealing every unit it can from my unattached units
and sending them everywhere. When i looked back from viewing the Med i found my entire
1st Army Group I was holding seperate for the later Torch invasion on its way to the West
Coast yet it had been unattached as were a ton of other units. What gives?

PS: DD can we get white lettering on the US units. I am going blind trying to read black
on the blue used! LOL!

Last edited:
QUICKFIX

- Be sure you have FTM 3.05 and Dies Irae: Stars&Stripes patch 1.1 installed (see second post of the thread if not)
- Be sure the DLC installed
- Download Dies_Irae_USA_Quickfix_1.1.5.zip
- Extract it directly to the HOI3-FTM folder
- Overwrite when prompted (the archive will replace somes files in the mod and scenarios folders)

CHECKSUM
- FTM 3.05 UBYY
- DIES IRAE STARS AND STRIPES 1.1 VNTA
- DIES IRAE STARS AND STRIPES 1.1.5 WCOG --edit: it's FLRA actually. :)

PATCH CHANGELOG

## QUICKFIX 1.1.5

- global_manpower_modifier = +150% for the gameplay Allies and Comintern difficulty AI buff instead of +50%
- global_manpower_modifier = +200% for the gameplay Axis difficulty AI buff instead of +50%
- pearl harbor attack and day of infamy decision should happen no matter what (as long as Japan and USA are not in the same faction)

Everytime I tried to install the game with the patch and hotfix I get the checksum BBVM? If I am right the cheksum is the text in the menu down on the left? The text there with me is HOI3 v3.05(BBVM) mod Dies israe Stars and stripes

Can anyone help me please? I have played di:SS 5 times but never the attack on Pearl Harbour happened. That's the reasone that I am affraid that the problem is still there with this strange cheksum I have.

Thanks guys :rolleyes:

@davy
i would recommend a fresh install of fmt 3.05. check the sum by every step

I tried it again but now from scrath. First vanilla Hearts of iron, then Semper fi over it, then For the motherland over it, the ftm 3.05 patch, then DI:SS, patch 1.1 and hotfix 1.1.5 and now it actual works.
Thanks GulDukat

DD,

Doolittle Raid event fired and put '17th Doolittle Bomb Group' in my que, but they will not be complete until January of '43. Now at April 23rd, '42 and no other Doolittle related events have fired.

Is this normal?

Thanks,

Everytime I tried to install the game with the patch and hotfix I get the checksum BBVM? If I am right the cheksum is the text in the menu down on the left? The text there with me is HOI3 v3.05(BBVM) mod Dies israe Stars and stripes

Can anyone help me please? I have played di:SS 5 times but never the attack on Pearl Harbour happened. That's the reasone that I am affraid that the problem is still there with this strange cheksum I have.

Thanks guys :rolleyes:
Do you have HOI3 installed outside of the program file folder in a stand alone games folder? (c:/games /paradox........) Windows security will prevent mods from working insie the program folder. That might be your problem.

QUICKFIX

- Be sure you have FTM 3.05 and Dies Irae: Stars&Stripes patch 1.1 installed (see second post of the thread if not)
- Be sure the DLC installed
- Download Dies_Irae_USA_Quickfix_1.1.5.zip
- Extract it directly to the HOI3-FTM folder
- Overwrite when prompted (the archive will replace somes files in the mod and scenarios folders)

CHECKSUM
- FTM 3.05 UBYY
- DIES IRAE STARS AND STRIPES 1.1 VNTA
- DIES IRAE STARS AND STRIPES 1.1.5 WCOG --edit: it's FLRA actually. :)

PATCH CHANGELOG

## QUICKFIX 1.1.5

- global_manpower_modifier = +150% for the gameplay Allies and Comintern difficulty AI buff instead of +50%
- global_manpower_modifier = +200% for the gameplay Axis difficulty AI buff instead of +50%
- pearl harbor attack and day of infamy decision should happen no matter what (as long as Japan and USA are not in the same faction)

I installed the patch and the quickfix, and I have the correct checksum. After restarting a new game as USA, Pearl Harbor never fired (it is now 1942, at "limited war" with Japan), and the Doolittle raid taskforce took forever to build (definately not 30 days). It is as if the Quickfix didn't take effect. I checked the updated files and they seem to be those of the new ones.

Please Help. What am I missing?

@Meglok: The last timethat I installed everything I did :happy:

Just ran several all AI controlled test as US with very very good results. Just a couple of tweaks maybe.

Started from "Attack on the West" May 10th, 1940
Boosted All of Axis only, Lend-Leased Allies only.

1) Barbarossa effectiveness not quite there. German advance never quite made it to Minsk in the North and fell short of Odessa in the South.

2) Axis advance in North Africa effectiveness not quite there either. Axis (basically only Italian forces) didn't make it past Tobruch in North Africa.

3) England invaded Norway in December of '41 and were somewhat successful in 3 of the 5 simulations. Not really that far fetched, but would be nice to limit their interest there.

4) Also not a huge issue but Ethopia fell to the English in mid 1941.

Japan puppet-ed Nat. China early on in all games. To me this actually works well as it results in Japan being quite aggressive in the Far East Pacific.

Stopped games in June of '42.

Would it be possible to weaken Soviets early on, then boost them in time halt the German advance close to December of '41 or maybe trigger the boost after Germany takes a specific set of provinces? Also maybe similar effect of strengthening Italy a little more then puling it back when they progress to a certain point in North Africa?

Just guessing at potential solutions here and maybe these will already be corrected in the upcoming patch.

Also just wanted to say that from most of my S&S games and tests you sir are maaavelous, just simply maaavelous.

Thanks DD for all your hard work.

Cheers,