• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Guys this is not a thread about DIG. The previous Dies Irae is working well and is not "cluttered with bugs" otherwise I would have bug reports in the DIG thread (instead of always the same problem: the game is not launching on FTM because no patch is installed).

I can't do magic, if you don't report I won't know what is wrong.

Anyway both Dies Irae DLC will receive continuous support as Common Weapons of WWII. As you might have seen, DI:G received something like 10 patches and tons of free content, just check the DLC you bought and see the DLC today. You can expect that for Stars and Stripes as well.

Last edited:
The moment you I read lend lease I thought of one thing The Battle of the Atlantic. Please could you properly simulate the importance of the northwestern passage supply route between the USA and the British Isles. It really disheartened me to see that the northwestern passage is only occasionally used for trade between the USA and the UK. Could you perhaps implement a tonnage system or something similar? Maybe slightly negating the effects of lend lease on Britain or maybe even Germany if adequate resources are not appointed to keep it patrolled. Im hugely dissapointed with the fact that The Battle of the Atlantic in Hearts of Iron is more like 'The Battle of the Coast Just West of Portugal'.

Battle of Atlantic is a FTM feature and Dies Irea: Stars and Stripes is using it, yes. :)

I love those new difficulty settings I hate it when Germany gets defeated by 1942 and I haven't gotten a piece of the action. Will the new bonuses be permanent if we use them or can we toggle them if we only want to give a short time bonus? Any chance of releasing the difficulty decisions as a general mod? Will you be extending the timeline by a few years since US comes in two years late?

I didn't think about toggling the bonuses, I'll consider that for a patch maybe.
Same for the timeline, this one is very easy to change.

Nice new interface and i like the multiple AI setups! My question would be for
Allied cooperation. Will there be a chance to ask for Exp Forces from say the
UK when the opportunity for "Torch" or "Overlord" are available? Right now still
the greatest killer for the Allies is the inability for at least the two major nations
(US and UK) doing combined efforts and not trying to rely on the "please attack
here someday" feature. That works for the Axis being already on the ground in
Europe but no major invasion or campaign in the Med, Europe, or Asia can be done
that way due to transports and timing issues that were not in play in the real war
but are in the game. The lack of an "Ask for Exp Force" would be a totally welcome
addition if possible. For example (I am beating this to death i know!) if the US is
considering a "Torch" invasion of French N. Africa then there would be a Torch Exp
Force button and the UK would allocate a number of land units, naval units, and air
units (say a set percentage of its total and only those in the UK) to become US run
units for the player to use. This would allow for (finally) some combined naval and
land combat by the Allies.

Again tho super work DD!! Your modding is always fantastic!

Nice new interface and i like the multiple AI setups! My question would be for
Allied cooperation. Will there be a chance to ask for Exp Forces from say the
UK when the opportunity for "Torch" or "Overlord" are available? Right now still
the greatest killer for the Allies is the inability for at least the two major nations
(US and UK) doing combined efforts and not trying to rely on the "please attack
here someday" feature. That works for the Axis being already on the ground in
Europe but no major invasion or campaign in the Med, Europe, or Asia can be done
that way due to transports and timing issues that were not in play in the real war
but are in the game. The lack of an "Ask for Exp Force" would be a totally welcome
addition if possible. For example (I am beating this to death i know!) if the US is
considering a "Torch" invasion of French N. Africa then there would be a Torch Exp
Force button and the UK would allocate a number of land units, naval units, and air
units (say a set percentage of its total and only those in the UK) to become US run
units for the player to use. This would allow for (finally) some combined naval and
land combat by the Allies.

Again tho super work DD!! Your modding is always fantastic!

+1 on ask for Exp force(if possible).

ETA of this DLC? Timerange?

can you integrate the "AI on steroids" and ask of Exp force(if possible) in the German IRAE?

can we eventalal expect a dies irae pack for all the majors? i hope so! but you sir are taking on a large amount of work, i wish you all the best

Will common weapons be combatible with this mod or with DIG? I mean, if I copy(overwrite) common weapons files over the DIG contents will it work?

i suspect the same applies as before, no there's diffrent LUA for the AI

Yes, indeed ... nice to see a new Dies Irae DLC. I hope the next one would cover Japan. What do you think? Would you like an "Dies Irae: The Rising Sun" or "Dies Irae: Tenno Heika Banzai" (long live the emperor) ?

@Devildread, I would like to thank you for your great work thus far on Gotterdammerung, it appears that i guessed right about the new project! You actually encouraged me to create a mod of my own, i called it Forza Italia (I know, highly original), so I would like to add to the list of people who would like a Dies Irae Italy, especially events like the division of Southern France are very welcome, but that's something for the future.

Are you planning events concerning the Isolationast movement in the U.S? Maybe you could include events like: Germany pays you X, you can't declare war on Germany for Y years?
I'm very excited about the new units, can you give us one example? Thanks, and keep up the good work, i for one think Dies Irae (FtM) works perfectly at the moment!
EDIT: I see Airborne light armor and marines! Does this mean tanks can perform a Air Assault? Or do we need to land them on captured airfields? I would really love gliders with tanks!

Last edited:
I'd absolutely love ahistorical decisions like a potential occupation of southern Ireland (as suggested by some US generals in 1942). Either three decisions, Southern Ireland joins the Allies; The harbour at Cobh (Cork in game) is ceded to UK/US or Ireland resists (5+ major dissent hit for USA). With this Treaty port (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_Ports_(Ireland)), Battle of the Atlantic would have been won before the need of long range patrol planes.

Secondly, a decision to make the US, leader of the Allies as in 1944, for it was effectively supplying everyone on the Allied side. Thirdly, the ability to assume 'supreme' command of UK forces.

There is such a great scope to this mod. Getting many South American nations into the Allied camp should yield bonuses, such as a Mexican expeditionary division, a Brazilian one (as in real life fought in Italy) as well as Free French divisions/corps, Free Poles. The ability to barter in the three conferences via 'USSR' level of defeat which would gauge their power in a post war settlement. As in if the USSR has less than 10% surrender progress in 1943/44, it would be safe to say they would win the war against Germany opposed to having over 70% in 1941 where they would be very weak.

Please, please, please, do some sort of post war settlements that lead into WWIII. Allies vs. Comitern must happen! Finally from this rant, an Europe or Pacific first decision. Like real life. ;)

Last edited:
Finally! I hoped you would continue this series! All your changes sound great but as mentioned already I think there is one single thing you have to solve somehow or it won't be a real USA DLC... allied cooperation. After all, none of the big operations was by one nation alone... of course, you CAN send troops into Great Britain territory and start attacking - but real coordination, that's more than that.

There is some sort of allies cooperation I will explain in the future Dev Diaries. :)
But don't expect exp.forces button, this feature is not in the scope of HOI3.

WWIII is planned as a patch once I'm sure the WWII part is okay based on the players reports. I didn't want to include a broken feature so I keep it for a later use, as some unit designs I want to make for a patch. As I said earlier, I added a lot of stuff during the patching process of Dies Irae: Götterdämmerung and I liked that. Some sort of extra candy for your patience.

EDIT: I see Airborne light armor and marines! Does this mean tanks can perform a Air Assault? Or do we need to land them on captured airfields? I would really love gliders with tanks!

You have 14 units more than vanilla. This is likely to be one of the next diary's theme. ;)

ah well! hopefully some events that are similar in effect then. again i am sure
this new addition to HOI3 will be great!

Lovely Devildread, I will buy it, but im really sad that you didnt make the Japanese before US :D.

I have actually never ever tried the US in HoI 3, could be fun to try when you are focusing on them.

I certainly hope that DI:S&S will use the CMP map. I assume that FtM will be patched to the CMP map before DI:S&S is released. Is DI:S&S going to use the CMP map?

I am hopeful that something will be done about the Phillipines. The Phillipines should
be US territory (as they did not gain full independence til after the war). Their units
(other then a Phillipine regular div) should be reweighed like you did with the UK militia
so they cannot be move out of or around the Phillipines and should be created by event
(1 or 2 every so often Militia or Garrison units deployed on the various islands by 1941).
The Manila bay fortresses (Corregidor and others) should be added (level 3 and a level
1 land fort in Manila to account for the difficult access down the Bataan Penninsula).
Being supplied by the US it would have the effect of having the supply line cut by Japan
that forces the slow decay of the forces there.

Having the Phillipines as a seperate nation with its own building and army is opposite of
the military layout run by MacArthur there who controlled both the US and Phillipines
forces. If the US wants to release them or puppet them then they would become a
nation in the game and create their own forces.