• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm surprised at the lack of Ruler Designer fixes.

We've been waiting for the portraits to work properly for awhile now. All the new DLCs change the faces for no particular reason.

I'm surprised at the lack of Ruler Designer fixes.

We've been waiting for the portraits to work properly for awhile now. All the new DLCs change the faces for no particular reason.

You are aware that the faces change along with the headgear and beards and all regarding their situation ? Like being in war or whatnot.
Therefore the chances that the portraits look exactly like in the Ruler Designer are very small.

Last edited:
I'm not even talking clothes. Beard, facial structure, the designer is broken on the latest versions. I'll have a clean shaven guy, click play, and suddenly he's got some dirty sanchez and crazy hair instead of his normal appearance.

I'm used to the clothes, but this is a tad rediculous.

Ex: This

Last edited:
I'm not even talking clothes. Beard, facial structure, the designer is broken on the latest versions. I'll have a clean shaven guy, click play, and suddenly he's got some dirty sanchez and crazy hair instead of his normal appearance.

I'm used to the clothes, but this is a tad rediculous.

I'm just guessing, but maybe you need to reinstall it, if you havent already as the Ruler Designer has been updated.
But i remember that problem with hair and beards. Yea, that should get fixed, well the hair problem.

Kinda ridiculous when a bold guy suddenly gets hair again. ;)
I havent experienced that myself yet, but havent used the Ruler Designer much either....and i probably don't even recognise it when it happens.

- The religious CB now vassalizes lords of your own religion in the target Duchy

Worst idea ever! I just tried to conquer Venice, being the Fatimid Sultanate, with a Holy War CB and all I got was: ZERO. Didn't conquer the province, didn't get a single barony, city or bishopric.

- The religious CB now vassalizes lords of your own religion in the target Duchy

Worst idea ever! I just tried to conquer Venice, being the Fatimid Sultanate, with a Holy War CB and all I got was: ZERO. Didn't conquer the province, didn't get a single barony, city or bishopric.

That sounds like a bug. In any event, that idea is somewhat far from the top of the list of really bad ideas in this patch.

Why ? Its a religious CB after all. If you want the land, use another CB.
Also, imagine you're playing as a muslim vassal to the HRE and there comes a Holy War by your brethren and suddenly you get deposed. See the point ?

Why ? Its a religious CB after all. If you want the land, use another CB.
Also, imagine you're playing as a muslim vassal to the HRE and there comes a Holy War by your brethren and suddenly you get deposed. See the point ?

Exactly it's a religious CB, it's the equivalent of a Holy War, the difference being the magnitude of the war. So what was wrong with the old version of the Religious CB? Nothing. It was the perfect way of fighting heretics and heathens, and expanding your realm.

Besides, let's face it, what's the likelihood of there being Muslims in Venice in 1070 that will take over the baronies, cities and bishoprics the moment you win a war?

Exactly it's a religious CB, it's the equivalent of a Holy War, the difference being the magnitude of the war. So what was wrong with the old version of the Religious CB? Nothing. It was the perfect way of fighting heretics and heathens, and expanding your realm.

Besides, let's face it, what's the likelihood of there being Muslims in Venice in 1070 that will take over the baronies, cities and bishoprics the moment you win a war?

High actually. My first Republic game had the Fatimids invade Sicily, after which I as Pisa holy warred and crusaded for it and received a handful of D'Hauteville vassals left over from before the conquest.

Under the old version, if the top liege is a heretic, you can freely take their land. So, say the Holy Roman Emperor happens to be a heretic or infidel, you can declare Holy War on any duchy in the HRE and take that land for yourself. It makes far more sense for such a holy war to only depose heretics, and make the people of your religion a vassal. Otherwise it's too easy to abuse, and feels silly.

This may be a bug, I tried to conquer Genoa with a Holy War (being a Orthodox after reuniting Christianity) and all I got was the barony inside Genoa. Waited for the truce to end, tried again and got no holdings at all. Seems that something won't allow us to take non-baronies from Republics with a religious CB.

One more thing about this patch. I can see the gameplay reasons for removing the kingdom of Pomerania from the HRE. However de jure removing duchies like Saxony and Meissen and maybe Brandenburg (in 1066 could go either way) from the Holy Roman Empire and the German kingdom (where they could go to instead) IMHO isn't right either.

Maybe in the next patch leave the kingdom of Pomerania out of the HRE, but move duchies like Saxony and Meissen (and maybe Brandenburg) to the kingdom of Germany instead.