• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Still some words missing, can't put a coherent sentence. So here is a non-coherent one:

dzaert eu ja upa!
(Can't put the accents in)

WAIT NO

όπδeτα πλeσe

better?

Still some words missing, can't put a coherent sentence. So here is a non-coherent one:

dzaert eu ja upa!
(Can't put the accents in)

There is no verb there... @___@

Usually 2000 is considered the number of unique words used daily by a normal speaker of the English language. So I am halfway there.

Working on one for the M&B AAR, but I can switch gears... hang on. I am on skype if you care to move the off topicness somewhere else. pirmas407 is my name.

Edit: spelled my screen name wrong (I sense a pattern).

I personally want to see more about the Cold-war But that's just me (and Ill just wait until the forth book Q.Q))

Guessing? I hate guessing. . . especially since I don't have much interest in learning Anglo-Prussian. I like the fact you created your own language but I'd rather opt out of learning a language that isn't actually used. (i.e. like Latin.)

Guessing? I hate guessing. . . especially since I don't have much interest in learning Anglo-Prussian. I like the fact you created your own language but I'd rather opt out of learning a language that isn't actually used. (i.e. like Latin.)

No worries, the twelve Prussian nations are:
próŝjá = Prussia
ŝilesjá = Silesia
kárpaţjá = Carpathia
zliná = Zilina (disputed)
zunglijá = Yucatan
burgnzæltsjá = Mexico
lidzænjá = Texas
ziedsjá = California
werdŝæjurjá = Cuba
licisjá = Haiti
káfajá = Jamaica
árowákjá = Antilles

Nothing in Africa for you? ;)
No, Africa was not really my bag. Prussia has enough issue getting and holding onto the colonies it did control.

So you're Spain in this world?

Yeah I guess he is
If by "Spain" you mean I colonized New Spain, then yes. However the political situation is not always the same. There are some different aspects that drive the colonies to leave the motherland. Prussia also has many Russian aspects during this period as well. It is forced to deal with Enlightened thinkers at home and abroad, and the monarchy does not always react kindly to the thought of having its power reduced.

I like how Yucatan is basically named Jungle. :D
And how California is essentially "Florida". The ending -já is comparable to the Latin -ia (because it is the ending -ia). It isn't "Jungle" it is "Land of the Jungle" or "Jungleland". Just how Florida is "Land of Flowers".

Bastions
Chapter Forty Two: Twilight in the East
Part 3

Prelude:
Egypt quickly made a move for the Near East, hoping to unite the former lands of their glory days. The Warlord of Syria quickly crumbled to dust, and even Armenia lost a chunk of its southern lands to the expanding Egyptian Empire. Isabel and her husband were captured and forced into servitude, a fitting punishment according to some. The Jalayirids were also able to take a chunk off of Syria, expanding their own control over Mesopotamia. The Jalayirids were different from other Seljuk states as they were uninterested in reuniting the Seljuk Kingdom; instead they were focused on their own state based in Bagdad. Their next targets were the Christians in New Edessa; from there they could concentrate on the Near East, particularly on Egypt and their vassals throughout the Holy Lands. Meanwhile, the Romans continued their war against the Armenians, convinced that they could win. However, the Armenians were proving to still be rather tough. The Romans couldn't make any significant gains against them. In Central Europe, a war flared between the Islamic State of Venice and the Kingdom of Hungary. Croatia was on the verge of collapse as tension between two prominent families worsened. Christendom was literally under siege and all the while more than willing to tear itself apart. Islam was quickly advancing in the face of all enemies. As one shrank, the other grew.

November 9th, 1365

Doyvát sat in the palace of Memegrád twirling a single rose. It was strange being to the Northern Constantinople. His father was growing old, but the nation was not ready to lose the man who had held everything together. However, to many he was usurper until such a time that his son succeeded him. His trip to the crumbling Roman Empire had provided many insights, but the Lord-Protector left with few friends. The newly created state of Bulgaria was likely his doing, but in the North his father had already ruined any chance of a positive relationship with the new state. Bulgaria and Wallachia quickly got into squabbles over Dobruja, which Gunvald had sided with the Wallachians. So much of his trip had been a waste, but Rome survived and that was more than anyone expected. So Doyvát counted the journey with his victories.

"You father can see you know, Lord-Protector," called a courtier.

The Prince stood up and entered the main throne room in Memelgrád, a bright and cheerful place. In the corner a musician strummed a tune; many people say down on lounge chairs and drank wine. In the center of it all was the King: a jolly old man at the age of fifty five. The younger Doyvát stood next to the King, his face beamed when he saw his father again.

"Tevá!" he said as he ran up to embrace his father, "I have missed you!"

"I am sorry; I did not mean to stay for so long." He picked up the young boy who was about eleven and carried him as he approached his father. "Time has not treated you well, father."

Gunvald tried to smile, his stutter was far more pronounced in his old age. "I know. That is why I called your journey's short. I know it would have been good for you to see the Holy Cities and venture beyond, but at this point I don't know how much longer I shall be here." Doyvát lowered his son and patted him on the rump to tell him to leave.

"Well, it is what it is. I could have made it much further than Constantinople had I not stayed to mettle."

"I know. But my humors are off... or so says the doctor," Gunvald said, pointing over to a tall muscular man wearing a blacksmith's robe.

"Doctor?"

"Yes, Doyvát, all fashionable kings have a doctor now as well as a priest. Doyvát, meet Konárd, my doctor; as it is."

The man approached Doyvát and extended his hand in greeting. The Lord-Protector accepted his hand and shook it. The doctor was a young man, unexpected for his profession, with a shaved face and his hair pulled back like the tail of a horse. "My lord, it is nice to meet you."

"And you. Now, what exactly can you tell me of my father's condition?"

"Well, Lord-Protector, my practice is very raw. There is little we can do that is exact. But by attempting to balance the four humors we can attempt to bring your father's health back into balance. However, it is hard to discern what is wrong given the King's preexisting condition."

"The stutter?" Doyvát asked with surprised tone to his voice. "How does that affect anything?"

"The presence of such an infliction can be a sign of a large imbalance, or it could be something completely unrelated: a trial from our Lord, maybe?" Konárd shrugged his shoulders. "Anyways, it was good meeting you."

Gunvald waved Konárd away and then turned to his son, "You do not trust him, do you?"

"No more than I would a Roman princess... or a Roman anything, come to think of it," Doyvát said.

"I must admit I don't blame you, but he does get the Priest all riled up... makes him work harder," Gunvald admitted, leaning close to his son.

"Why the sudden fear for your life?" Doyvát asked, "And why bring my son so far from Poland?"

"I am getting old, Doyvát. The civil war cut into my life span as much as it did my father's."

"Your father was well past seventy. You are not yet even sixty."

"Hush, Doyvát. If this stutter worsening is anything to go by, I don't know how much longer I have. I could be dead in a year, or I could be dead tomorrow. That is up to the will of God. But I need you here, and I need your son ready to assume the protection of Poland. I don't think Prussia and Poland are ready to be reunited yet."

"What?" Doyvát asked in exasperation, "Poland and Prussia were never divided. They still pay your taxes; they still man your armies. They are no less a part of this Kingdom than Estonia. I understand that you are ill, father. And I understand that the nature of death is mysterious, but for God's sake can I at least drop the pretense that Poland is independent? I wish for my son to not have to grow up as a King in his own right."

"At least one more King... Doyvát. Keep them separate for one more King."

"Honestly, I don't see why we even have a Poland... there are no Polish people anymore. It would make for a great tale. It took one Gunvald to conquer Poland and another to erase it from the map."

"I'll let you erase an entire nation from the map of Europe. I want to die being remembered for bringing the spices of the East to the kitchens of nobles everywhere, nothing more."

Doyvát nodded, "I understand that. I sense that the East will be closer to us than ever soon. The Roman Empire crumbles. They will not win this war with Armenia despite Armenia's losses to the Egyptians. What will we do when Constantinople is threatened by invasion from infidels?"

"Doyvát, if the Queen of Cities ever appears threatened; it is our duty to protect them. No matter what the cost. We are the largest Christian nation in the world, and we cannot just let the flock get picked off one by one. And if a force is so powerful it can cross into Europe, it is likely they will expand rapidly against the stupid Kings in the Balkans. Doyvát, rest assured, if Constantinople was ever threatened; Prussia would be the first to march to Rome's side."

Last edited: