• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
@ Derahan : will do ! I will focus on the south to beat their vassals first. Then I'll got north step by step ;)

@ dinofs : this time I'm in a better position to keep going : I checked it, the Valois and me have the same number of troops + for them their vassals of course.

1411 - 1412 : Valois and Lancaster at war !​

Of course they did...

Who ? Who else... the Bourguignon family !

So by may 1411, all my troops are ready to attack Valois' vassals in Aquitaine. The day I launched the war, for the second time Burgundy refused to go to war !!!

This time, as soon as the war against the Valois is finished, I will work my way to make them pay and CRUSH the Bourguignons.... :mad:

After several little battles won by my huge armies in the southern Aquitaine, the first real battle of the war happened in Poitou. It lasted from June to September ! This crushing victory was a real good start for me, especially as the victory has been won against Charles VI Valois himself ! Then started a series of battles with those 17 units to try to destroy them definitely that lasted until the end of november. Eventually they fell back where they had a 16,000 troops strong army stationned in Armor (under siege). With their 2,000 survivors joining them, I choose not to follow them with my remaining 8,000 troops : much too risky. But this was not the end !!! Much on that below ;)

By the end of September, the Valois annexed Maine, and then signed peace with Naples. Now they have only one war to deal with, and I'm all alone once again. (I hate those Bourguignons !!!)

In november, huge news I was not expecting ! Government technology : I'm now able to choose my first national idea. I went of course with military drill. I have to defeat the Valois on land !

Remember those troops led by the Valois King that stopped in Armor ? Well before getting reinforcements, they went east into Normandy, and arrived just a day after a new fresh 13,000 men strong army landed ! As a result, they found themselves with 19 units, 2,000 men, againt 13,000 ! 19 Valois units heradicated at once !

This, I truly enjoy :D

Just south of this position, in Maine, their huge army I was not willing to attack before attacked me ! Result : their 16,000 troops were almost destroyed by my 12,000 men in defensive position and now receiving the bonus from military drill ! :rofl: 7,000 losses for them, 2,000 for me. In two weeks, they just lost their strongest Army led by their King, and their last one just lost half their troops !

Then new year's eve arrived. For the first day of 1412, here is a little gift for you kind followers :D

From the same number of soldiers in May 1411, we arrived to this point in December 1411 !

This war begins to smell pretty good...

By december the 20th 1412, the day Paris fell into my hands, I was only seeing one unit under the Valois' banner...

The two Kingdoms in december 1412

Last edited:

1413 - 1414 : Valois and Lancaster at war ! part II

The year 1413 was mostly a "cleaning" process : destroying new troops raised by the Valois and its vassals and capturing provinces.

One noteworthy fact happened in september of this year when Caux fell into my hands. The Valois fleet has been forced to leave the port, and then fight the English Navy :

By December of this year, the Valois have lost all their hopes to win this war. Diplomates begin to work on their arguments for the peace treaty

End of december 1413

Unfortunately, during the first days of 1414, I learnt that my King would not see the end of it. Stroke by a pro-Valois French soldier on the walls of Maine, he fell dead almost immediately.

His two years old son will rule one day. but for now, a regency council will have to finsh the war and negociate with the Valois King Charles VI

At last in July 1414, the Valois are almost not holding anything. Revolts are stronger than ever, and they will need years to rebuild. It is time to negociate a peace treaty.

The French Kingdom just before the peace negociations, in July 1414

The treaty signed between the Valois and the Lancasters

However, the Valois immediatly knew they wanted their revenge ! To plan that, they immediatly signed a treaty with the Bourguignon house ! I was not able to declare war to the Bourguignon as I wished since I was under a regency. But this was still a pretty bad news ! Now, when I wanted to be allied to Burgundy against the Valois, they refused. But now they are together against the Lancasters. This means the next war won't be as easy as this one. Especially if they declare war before I am ready to fight it !

Juts before this alliance was signed, the Bourguignon declared war on the Habsburgs of Austria ! All their troops were now heading deep into the Holy Roman empire. This move was really risky, as Austria is not Lorraine, Brabat or Savoie ! If they lose, it will be great news for the Lancaster House !

By the end of the year, the new peace in the French kingdom was starting to let the French people rebuild. The Valois were really angry and coalised with the bourguignons. The Valois were able to begin to annex their vassals, starting with Foix. A good thing they had to release three of them in the treaty, because all their former vassals annexed would mean a new stronger Valois house...

The two Kingdoms in december 1414

Last edited:
you progress slowly but surely

At that speed, I might have won the Hundred years war before 1453 ! ;) but you're right years are passing quickly... and the death of my last king and the regency council will make me lose lots of time !

Finish those burgundian traitors!

Try to clean the Scots out of the map. That way you'll be much safer and have a more efficient wooden wall!

I will as soon as I can... They deserve nothing less... traitors slobs... :mad:

About Scotland, for now my impossibility to declare war will simply keep me out of initiatives for now... So now I'm planning to react to event for at least 10 years (I can't do otherwise) and I'll act according to what would have happened :)

But indeed Scotland independant is a real problem. If they again ally with Valois or Burgundy, the next part of the hundred years war will become difficult.

Not sure about some of your ideas of history, but an interesting and well-written AAR nonetheless. KUTGW.

Mmh.. Wht do you mean ? You found some historical mistakes that I made ? might totally be I'm no expert on this period.

Anyway thanks for the nice comments ;)

you should try to conquer antwerpen and vlaandern they boost yer income liek hell. conquer zeeland and holland to and control the whole english channel;)

Good point. I those bas.... allied attack me, I'll focus on burgundy and the english channel

Mmh.. Wht do you mean ? You found some historical mistakes that I made ? might totally be I'm no expert on this period.

Anyway thanks for the nice comments ;)

Nothing major, just that the United Kingdom was formed by England + Scotland + Ireland (though now most of Ireland is independent), not England + France

Wikipedia said:
Almost a century later, the Kingdom of Ireland, merged with the Kingdom of Great Britain to form the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland with the passing of the Act of Union 1800.

That, and England was NOT founded by a Norman, it was around long before William the Conqueror. The Kingdom of England was formed in 927 A.D. during the reign of Athelstan (Æþelstan) the Glorious, and the idea of England was really first realised by Athelstan's grandfather Alfred (Ælfrǣd) the Great.

But regardless, as I said, this is one of the more interesting AAR's I've seen ;)

Last edited:
Nothing major, just that the United Kingdom was formed by England + Scotland + Ireland (though now most of Ireland is independent), not England + France
:rofl: of course ! It was a joke, notice the green "S" at the end of United KingdomS in the fisrt post. It's not the United Kingdom :D

United under the Lancaster banner, the two Kingdoms of France and England will become the United KingdomS :D Sorry if I wasn't clear about that ... :(

and thanks again I'll try to keep it that much interesting ;)

You should really really really keep the English flag in game if you're going to be the "Kingdom of England+France(and maybe some other stuff too). It's so flavorful for an English-French Union.

I say you should crush Burgundy and conquer their Flemish land. Let no one else see the English Channel. :cool:

You should really really really keep the English flag in game if you're going to be the "Kingdom of England+France(and maybe some other stuff too). It's so flavorful for an English-French Union.

You're right and it's a good thing you told me that... I didn't thaught about it and it's possible I could have had created the United Kingdom... The Union Jack in France would not look nice ;)

I say you should crush Burgundy and conquer their Flemish land. Let no one else see the English Channel. :cool:

dont steal my suggestions dinfos! xD

Guys, is it stealing ? Or is it just logical that several people share the same ideas when they are good ? :D (Yeah I like to treat right the followers of my AARs :D)