• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How do you invade Europe? Isn't it that you can't modernize your military before DW, so you have to deal with New World units, while they have Western units?
I suggest you start reading this from the beginning if you want to know How It's Done (tm) :)
Call be back in a year...

Just feedback this time... In part because I just noticed my viewcount. A HUGE thank you to everyone who's reading, going over 200k is something I really appreciate, especially in this esteemed community. Having all you guys reading makes those Canadian one year per province marched provinces worth slogging through! :rofl:

I think those provinces are becoming Colonial Oc because they are distant overseas compared to you and obviously are in the Oc culture group. that makes them become colonial Oc as they are colonial provinces in relation to your capital.

maybe you should try ethiopia.

Yup, that's the case. It's just a bit funny as far as the actual inhabitants are concerned. :)

I have been looking at that region, actually.

I wonder how this works. Since they can't convert to the inca's culture due to the way the events work, is there even any point to this conversion from one culture not your own to another?

No, pretty much, as far as I'm concerned. It would be absolutely hilarious if they somehow got the provinces I conquered back however. They'd have wrong culture provinces in their homeland!

How do you invade Europe? Isn't it that you can't modernize your military before DW, so you have to deal with New World units, while they have Western units?

Before HTTT, I believe.

I suggest you start reading this from the beginning if you want to know How It's Done (tm) :)

Good advice! :D

This had me laughing out loud. Thanks for another great update.

Happy to hear, I'm a situational comedian IRL so it's a rare occurrence when my humor actually works in a forum environment. ;) You're welcome, I've enjoyed our walls of text in PrawnStar's AAR BTW. :rofl: You clearly know a thing or two about this game, ever considered doing an AAR (maybe some challenging gameplay one) yourself?

Call be back in a year...

I just put an entry into my calendar on July 21st 2013: PdoxNewbie CotS. Honestly, I did. I'm expecting you. :rofl:

Just feedback this time... In part because I just noticed my viewcount. A HUGE thank you to everyone who's reading, going over 200k is something I really appreciate, especially in this esteemed community. Having all you guys reading makes those Canadian one year per province marched provinces worth slogging through! :rofl:

Absolutely agree, it's the viewcount that helps me keep hammering through the rebels and micromanagement. KNowing people are reading makes it easy to keep going, if no one was reading well that would be a lot less fun.

I've enjoyed our walls of text in PrawnStar's AAR BTW. :rofl: You clearly know a thing or two about this game, ever considered doing an AAR (maybe some challenging gameplay one) yourself?
Thanks, so did I. I'm not that good, haven't even played DW yet, your AAR is an education to me. I did consider writing something for CK2 but I got distracted by work and Wesnoth, sorry.

Just finished reading your updates on this! Nice job on everything, some details get a little boring but this is great nonetheless! Made me want to play MEIOU now.

Chapter is done, I can't upload now but it should be up in the evening. Anyway, I'll do feedback now.

Oh and good news, I've played ahead a bit for the first time in half a year or so. :p If I keep this up we might actually see some regular updates for a change.

Absolutely agree, it's the viewcount that helps me keep hammering through the rebels and micromanagement. KNowing people are reading makes it easy to keep going, if no one was reading well that would be a lot less fun.

It really helps that people are reading. Usually it's the comments that inspire me, but now that I noticed the viewcount, that was really something as well.

As I've mentioned, I currently have the problem of being relatively busy at work, and I also have the "problem" of doing all sorts of really interesting stuff in my life, so without you guys I'd probably update once a year at this point. :p Of course, the game itself should become more attractive soon - after all, we're in the calm before the BB war storm phase currently.

Thanks, so did I. I'm not that good, haven't even played DW yet, your AAR is an education to me. I did consider writing something for CK2 but I got distracted by work and Wesnoth, sorry.

No reason to apologize, there's no obligation! :D But if you decide to start something at some point you can be sure that I'm going to check it out.

But I'm very happy to hear that there's stuff here that you can learn from since, your understatement notwithstanding, I know that you know your stuff. ;)

Nice to see,that this is still going on

Sure it is, welcome aboard!

Just finished reading your updates on this! Nice job on everything, some details get a little boring but this is great nonetheless! Made me want to play MEIOU now.

Regarding this comment, I like the "great" part more and the "boring" part less. :D Still, good to have you reading. I doubt I'll ever do another AAR that's quite so detailed again (I agree it's a little bit over the top at times) but it's worked quite well so far like this so I intend to finish with a similar level of detail unless there's a lot of dissent in the thread.

Go ahead, MEIOU rocks!

I've never found this AAR boring. There's always been something going on. Waiting for the PU to become an inheritance, one could see the frustration for each new Sapc inca that he hadn't got into mesoamerica. YHC and his Inca bling was a humourous interpretation of certain events happening in the Incan empire.. The mod throws up natural disasters -volcanic eruptions and plagues ravaged the land. By the time the europeans arrived, the Incas had a cavalry that was superior to theirs and that gave the Incas an advantage. There's a logical twist to the campaigns in Europe. Those nations that tried to takeover the Americas will, in their turn, be taken over.

Dissent would be...unwise
Good update with the European vacation plan for the Sapa Inca going well. And as for slogging through Canadian provinces...you have some sympathy (rocks and trees, trees and rocks, rocks and trees)
Don't forget the water and mosquitoes.

Chapter is done, I can't upload now but it should be up in the evening. Anyway, I'll do feedback now.

Oh and good news, I've played ahead a bit for the first time in half a year or so. :p If I keep this up we might actually see some regular updates for a change.
Looking forward to them. I hope nothing went wrong with the planned update.

Dissent would be...unwise

I'm glad you realize this.

Good update with the European vacation plan for the Sapa Inca going well. And as for slogging through Canadian provinces...you have some sympathy (rocks and trees, trees and rocks, rocks and trees)

Thanks, feels like Mantracker doesn't it. :D

OOh BB war storm I can't wait.
I live for BB wars.:ninja:

Heh, they have their uses... Not something I enjoy long term though (wars themselves are fine, but the low stability and rebel troubles are annoying), so I'm not going there before I have to. We'll see when that is, it's too early to make any serious calculations.

I've never found this AAR boring. There's always been something going on. Waiting for the PU to become an inheritance, one could see the frustration for each new Sapc inca that he hadn't got into mesoamerica. YHC and his Inca bling was a humourous interpretation of certain events happening in the Incan empire.. The mod throws up natural disasters -volcanic eruptions and plagues ravaged the land. By the time the europeans arrived, the Incas had a cavalry that was superior to theirs and that gave the Incas an advantage. There's a logical twist to the campaigns in Europe. Those nations that tried to takeover the Americas will, in their turn, be taken over.

Thank you for this, it's good to hear. :) It's a good thing that there's been some tension much of the time, and I expect that to be the case in the late game as well as I'm going to be in some hurry to reach my goals before game end.

Don't forget the water and mosquitoes.

Oh yes... I'm certainly glad that I have the longest distance provinces under control now. I actually have a small army posted in each of those provinces, if there's a rebellion there I don't even have to move. :)

Looking forward to them. I hope nothing went wrong with the planned update.

No, I simply wasn't happy with how it read when I was re-reading the update the other day - too much text and too few images by this AAR's standards. :D So I reworked it a bit, moving some stuff to the next chapter and rewriting some parts, which took a little while. It should be up in half an hour or so.

Chapter Seventy-seven
1733-1736

To be honest, I can't even remember what owning imperial territory as an outsider does in HTTT, let alone in its version of MEIOU. So to be on the safe side, I use my spare magistrates to remove any imperial provinces I got from Tuscany from the HRE immediately after the war.

My infamy is around 17 so this is the perfect time to do non-war stuff. I haul another 20000 men to Europe and slaughter natives in and then send colonists to Lapita and Rabaul (Solomon Islands and New Britain Island, respectively).

Remkoke in North America and Tolosa in Europe embrace Inti. We reach Land tech level 52 which grants a better unit type for both infantry and artillery.

80_01.jpg

Okitika in New Zealand and Kanagmiut in Alaska grow into cities. With the latter, all coastal provinces in America are proper Incan provinces.

Piquiri, an Amazonian province, follows suit in early 1734. I've been building some new merchantmen which are now sent towards the Pacific to make sure that pirates don't spawn in any newer colonies.

In April I decide that it's about time to look at another war. One of the 20000 man armies boards a transport fleet and heads for Africa. War is declared on Nice in July.

80_02.jpg

Artois dishonors the alliance, everyone else helps Nice. Granada conquered Benin from Nice earlier - one less rival province in Africa to worry about.

Taranaki in New Zealand reaches city status, a colonist is sent into Tuxa in South America and Shawmut in North America converts. I concentrate on Spain in the early war effort, quickly defeating a major army in Burgos and then assaulting the fort in Castilla la Nueva. That's enough to force them to give us their entire treasury consisting of a meager 179 ducats.

The troops we shipped into Africa grab Anyi (Ivory Coast) in August and then spread out in order to avoid attrition. Tua'tah and Cicuye start producing tobacco. In a moment of some awesomeness, Lazio embraces Inti. Rome is now surrounded by worshippers of the Sun God.

On the European front we have some troops sieging the Nicard capital Prouvenco, while our main force is heading for OPM Albret, having eliminated the tiny army they had sent to our territory. The plan is to take them out and then move on to assault Prouvenco.

We get a boatload of cores in September, mostly in the U.S. area. Hilarity ensues as we gain Colonial Spanish as an accepted culture.

80_03.jpg

Yet another proof of the tolerant society I'm running here! :D

About a week into the month our African army reaches Worodugu and takes care of the enemy army there. The African provinces are now free for the taking - should be simple enough as Nice hasn't bothered to improve any of the level 1 forts.

The Pacific island Kanaky starts producing sandalwood, very nice. The initial assault on Gasconha, Albret's only province, fails despite the relatively weak fortifications. I don't feel like waiting doing nothing, so reinforcements are sent from Spain. Rebel control in all of Incan Iberia now relies on one army only. Not optimal.

Lubicon converts in October, followed shortly after by Sewpois and Odaawaa. Fante in Africa falls to our troops. Meanwhile, our American forces are slaughtering natives in recently discovered North American inland provinces.

Gasconha finally falls in January 1735 and we accept their peace offer of 112 ducats. Naples and Norway offer white peace - accepted. It's now just Nice and alliance leader Sweden that are left.

Ewe falls, giving us three occupied provinces in Western Africa. Siena embraces Inti.

April brings Land tech level 53, while Prouvenco falls. Kru is occupied in May, finishing the coast. The armies have to recover before heading inland however.

80_04.jpg

Armagnac warns us; good luck with that. The initial assault of Forcauquier fails but the remaining garrison is very weak. As such, that province is taken in August.

Pisa and Volterra convert days apart in early September, strengthening Inti in the Italian provinces. Wairau in New Zealand reaches city status the next month. Umbria continues the Italian trend in November, and Tuxa grows into a city and starts producing sugar.

Nice sends 12000 men to retake Forcauquier, but that just isn't enough. To cap off the year, our African fleet is sent to our Angolan coast to pick up men for the conquest of Saint Helena.

Andreanov becomes self-sustaining in January 1736, while Laighin in Ireland culture flips to Colonial Gaelic. The rich province of Barcelona sees the light of Inti.

Kankan in West Africa falls in February. March again brings loads of cores, mostly in the southern parts of the Great Lakes region. April sees the Incan arrival on Saint Helena.

80_05.jpg

Cicuye grows into a city and new colonies are launched in Mi-wuk and Haak'ooh. These provinces are next to the remaining TI in North America so the colonization is an attempt to discover that land without going for a conquistador. Some new transport vessels are sent from the Pacific coast of America towards the Pacific islands in order to strengthen the transport capacity in that area. The main fleet there keeps dwindling despite reinforcements as ships are left behind to serve as pirate patrols.

Kaminaljuyu suffers an earthquake which leads to a pitiful death count of less than 500 people. I blame the Colonial Portuguese locals, these foreigners just don't know how to die of natural disasters like proper Incas do.

Labourd converts in May and Worodugu falls in June. That's all of Nice's continental African holdings, so when the siege of Saint Helena succeeds in August - there weren't enough men to assault yet - peace can be signed. Nice is stripped of all of her colonies.

80_06.jpg

We now control a sizable chunk of West Africa, conveniently located next to the lone Portuguese province in the area. Taking Saint Helena should mean that we're even safer from any rival attempts at colonization.

80_07.jpg

80_08.jpg

You've grabbed a neat piece of real estate there in Africa. It's pretty good land in the real world, anyway. Will we see any Incan equivalent to the Kru people manning European ships (link). Say, it's been a while, but aren't your only Royal Marriage partners still around on the African west coast?

The conversion of Lazio is going to be hard to top, though. Comedy gold.

Saint Helena is like the only province in MEIOU that starts uncolonized and has its colonial name, isn't it?

Once the Europeans in Africa are dealt with, you should sell your African provinces to Fez for being such cool guys.

Portugal looks like it's next. I'm guessing another Colonial CB war to take care of some more Canadian provinces and one in Africa. At some point an Imperial CB war is needed to take Cuba (or one province on Cuba - the rest to be taken by Colonial) and its European provinces, but there's no hurry. Almost a century to go and the only victim of Incan revenge that still looks strong is the Netherlands, which is also in the way of an expedition towards the Pope. Another guess is you want to concentrate armies in Iberia while Portugal is still intact, and move on to the Netherlands when that's done. Do you think you'll have enough time?