• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
If you using Windows Vista or 7, the "strange place" is inside a hidden folder so you'll have to adjust from the default windows settings to be able to navigate to it. Starting from root, it should be users/yourusername/appdata/local/virtualstore/Program Files (x86)/Paradox Interactive/Victoria 2/save games

Instructions for viewing hidden files and folders under Windows 7 can be googled.

is that something that can be changed with a patch? I could never understand why Paradox had this strange policy of not allowing you to delete save files from the game itself...

is that something that can be changed with a patch? I could never understand why Paradox had this strange policy of not allowing you to delete save files from the game itself...

EDIT: Disregard what I said earlier.

Why write methods for removing files from within the game when can just as well do it with your file manager of choice?

Why write methods for removing files from within the game when can just as well do it with your file manager of choice?
This. Mucking around with files is the job of the operating system, not a job a game should do.

From what I've heard, this strangeness is the result of installing under the Program Files directory in Windows 7 or Windows Vista. If true, it would be nice to at least change the default installation path like c:/Paradox Interactive or something. I imagine that the less computer savvy have tremendous difficulty finding the save games as things stand now. Don't worry, I reserve my ire for Microsoft on this one. :D

From what I've heard, this strangeness is the result of installing under the Program Files directory in Windows 7 or Windows Vista. If true, it would be nice to at least change the default installation path like c:/Paradox Interactive or something. I imagine that the less computer savvy have tremendous difficulty finding the save games as things stand now. Don't worry, I reserve my ire for Microsoft on this one. :D
Yes, with Vista/Win7, it's a good idea to not install the game to C.\Program Files. C:\Games or something is a good alternative.

That's odd. I have windows 7, but my save games only save in the Vic 2 folder. The folder you specified doesn't exist. The virtualization folder is empty.

EDIT: Just for info, I have UAC disabled and I only install in C:\Games.