• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The best mage of all time (especialty from the perspective of this game) is Sauron, the Dark Lord from the Lord of the Rings. Even though he never makes a personal appearance he dominatates the saga. He forged a dark defendable empire created for the sole purpose for forcing all others to bend to his will. However, his might was greater than his armies and through the creation of the rings of power was able to bring numerous kingdoms under his sway by bringing their kings into his service. In fact his magic was so powerful that when his body was killed in the sinking of his great rival realm, his spirit was able to continue on. He also did not fear to enter into personal combat when needed. The only reason he fell was his over confidence and failure to believe his enimies would even conceive of destroying the greating artifact ever created that housed most of his remaining essense. Never have I played a fantasy game and not compared my villian to Sauron or if playing a dark realm myself how it matched against Mordor.

Jon Irenicus

Jon (or Joneleth) Irenicus is the best mage of all times: locked in an institution for powerful mages, he single-handedly frees himself, slaughters all the guards and makes Spellhold his lair. Besides, he behaves as any right-minded wizard should: treates common people as little more than lab-rats in his quest for more power and godhood. I mean, what else can you do, when you're already the world most powerful mage?

Ok, he does not exactly end well (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pf9kleGOupc), but, hey, it was worth trying...

Victor Von Doom claims your beta keys! Clearly Doom does not need to justify himself to people of lesser intellect, but he will humour you. Just this once. Bow down to the maginificence that is Dr Doom, peasants! Reasons why Doom alone is supreme:

#1 Doom defeated Devil himself to free his mother's soul
(Dr Strange & Dr Doom: Triumph and Torment)

#2 Diversity
Not only is Doom's magical might unsurpassed, he is the foremost scientific mind on Earth far beyond the comprehension of mental midgets such as Richards. As a monarch Doom is revered by his people and Doom will inevitably come to rule the whole world - in due time of course.

#3 Quotable monologue/dialogue
http://marvelmasterworksfansite.yuku.com/topic/13176#.TwR6DMiDs_1

#4 Darth Vader
Bah, clearly Lucas based his Vader character on Dr Doom. That flawed imitation does not capture even a pale shadow of the glory that is Victor Von Doom. Still, Vader is one of the most iconic villains in cinema.

Without a doubt, in this contest - as always - Doom reigns supreme. Only a small-minded fool, like that accursed Reed Richards, could think otherwise.
doctor-doom1.jpg

Raistlin Majere from the Dragonlance series.

He could have replaced the Goddess of Evil but, after his twin brother told him he would eventually destroy the other Gods and all life itself, he decided not to. :)

Skeeve the Great

n5875.jpg

For anyone unfamiliar, Skeeve is the main protagonist of Robert Asprins Myth series. An apprentice magician who gets into all sorts of adventures and manages to get things going his way through luck and bluff. For anyone who still read books, its highly recommended reading material.

KLAHD POWER!

Actually, I'm surprised no one has mentioned Merlin. In my opinion, he's hands down the best wizard because he is, imo, the most rounded as an actual character in our collective culture. His representations across some of the great literature of the past (The Once and Future King, Mary Stewart's trilogy, Le Morte d'Arthur, A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court) at turns show him to be comic, wise, tragic, vulnerable and even perhaps evil.

And due to these portrayals, I think he is a source of many of our modern ideas of a 'wizard' - so in that respect he is truly the father of all wizards.

Actually, I'm surprised no one has mentioned Merlin. In my opinion, he's hands down the best wizard because he is, imo, the most rounded as an actual character in our collective culture. His representations across some of the great literature of the past (The Once and Future King, Mary Stewart's trilogy, Le Morte d'Arthur, A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court) at turns show him to be comic, wise, tragic, vulnerable and even perhaps evil.

And due to these portrayals, I think he is a source of many of our modern ideas of a 'wizard' - so in that respect he is truly the father of all wizards.

I mentioned Merlin. I was the third post :/

No No No No No.

Pug (ConDoin), otherwise known as Milamber, of the Greater Path, wearer of a black robe, and Magician in Raymond E Feist's novels, is my choice.

Since this game title is 'Warlock' I'll say Richard the Warlock, most awsome Warlock ever!
warlock%20mantra.jpg

Also know as Chief Warlock of the Brothers of Darkness, Lord of the Thirteen Hells, Master of the Bones, Emperor of the Black, Lord of the Undead, Lord of the Dance, Mistress of Magma, Mayor of a small village up the coast, "Dick".

The winners are announced!

Congrats to:
Thormodr
Predcon
Verenti
Patrask
dougo33
Wallish
Inca
Ezzezze
Runnersan
Asadex

You will soon get a private message with further instructions to get the beta keys.

Motivations below:
1. Wizard of Oz as he is the greatest wizard of all times who does not have any magic powers. Suggested first by Thormodr.
2. Rincewind because it is obvious. Hey, he even has the hat with “Wizard” written on it. Suggested first by Predcon.
3. Merlin as he is definitely the most famous wizard of all mentioned and appeared in many novels, games and even worlds. Suggested first by Verenti.
4. Doctor Strange as he holds the title of "Sorcerer Supreme" and that it almost as cool as “Master of the Arcane”. Suggested first by Patrask.
5. Avatar from the Wizards!, because he has the coolest red hair beard and the nose any mage should dream of. Suggested by dougo33
6. Tim the Enchanter as he is the busiest man and says the word “Grail” with immense magical power. Suggested by Wallish.
7. Gandalf because don’t you think we put him out the list, do you? Suggested first by Cordoban Inca.
8. Raistlin Majere as he could destroy everything, but decided not to. Suggested by Ezzezze.
9. Mad Madam Mim as she can make herself not only more pretty but uglier and that is some trick (and also, hush!, she may be even more powerful than Merlin)! Suggested by Asadex.
10. Any Minister of Finance in any country as they all possess the same yet terrible powers over money (and money is one of the most powerful thing in the world). Suggested by Runnersan.

Congratulations to the winners! :)