• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Falc

Founder of the Resistance
82 Badges
Dec 16, 2009
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Sengoku
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Divine Wind
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Victoria 2

starry_sky.jpg

Space.
taurus-1-starry-sky.jpg

The final frontier.
480px-NASA-Apollo8-Dec24-Earthrise.jpg

The final dream of mankind.

Mere days ago, the Soviets were the first to send a man up there. Now, the Americans are desperately racing to catch up. Rockets are being tested, the capsule is undergoing rapid developments and every single astronaut is training for that one, ultimate goal.

To reach the inky blackness of space. To see the earth like no free man has seen it before. To reach for the stars and, briefly, be closer to them than anyone else.

You are one of those men. You've put yourself through the most rigorous training, gone beyond your limits over and over again, to reach that single goal.

To reach outer space.

And to beat the other candidates, of course.

You are one of 17 candidates to be the first American in space.

Amongst you are 11 bona-fide regular Joes, whose only wish is to be the first to ride that rocket into the starry sky.
Their task will be made very difficult, though, because the Soviets have managed to plant a staggering 4 infiltrators into the program. They will use underhanded tactics to have all the others disqualified (or worse). Should they succeed, the US space program would certainly be doomed.
However, the CIA has become aware of this and has sent two of their own agents to counter the Soviets. Unaware of the identities of the Soviets, they will have to operate under cover to try and ferret out the traitors.

Last edited:
Rules

DEADLINE WILL BE 22:00 PM CEST
(This is approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes after the time this post was made)

Rules are standard Werewolf Lite rules with the following modifications:

1) Both Seers will scan on alternating Nights.

2) I would like to propose a scoreboard.

What do I mean by a scoreboard?

Well, in short, acting like a smart villager will get you points. Acting like the village idiot will not. If the wolves are defeated, then the villager with the most points will be declared the one and only Winner.

The point of this is to reward participation in the game. Anyone just coasting along and trying to get an easy win on the others' coattails will find himself perhaps surviving, but without much points to show for it.

A second point is that we can allow 'dead' players to continue participating in the game, which is more fun for everyone, no?

For those of you allergic to new rules, please note that this in no way affects the game itself. None of the gameplay changes. It's an entirely optional add-on and even if it is used, anyone is free to completely ignore it without having to change one thing about their game play.

Furthermore, while I will only declare one official Winner, anyone is free to consider themselves a moral winner. We've all had games where we died late in the game and felt moral winners anyway, despite what the official result said...

As proposed, points would be gained as follows:
- Voting for a Wolf: 1 point
- Voting for a Villager/Seer: 0 points
- Voting for a known Wolf: 0 points
- Scanning a Wolf: 1 point for everyone in that JL

A Wolf is known to the JL as soon as he is scanned. A Wolf is known to the rest of the village as soon as he is outed.

Scoreboards posted along with the updates will ONLY reflect public knowledge. Voting for a Wolf who didn't get lynched will still get you points, but obviously that won't be shown in public until said Wolf is actually dead.

Last edited:
Scoreboard

1. Suirantes - a Snathi stranded on earth
2. Boris ze Spider - a cat
3. drxav - [ಠ_ಠ to Suricate]
4. Rendap - unnamed astronaut #4743875
5. THE_SPLIT snoopdogg
6. esemesas - James Henry Parts IV, son of James Henry Parts III
7. randakar
8. Najs
9. madtemplar0 Suirantes
10. Cakravarti - Isaac Asimov enkhuush
11. reis91
12. snoopdogg
13. Yakman
14. tamius23
15. Tornadoli
16. enkhuush
17. vacant enkhuush

Diary

Night 0: enkhuush the regular joe astronaut is hunted
Day 1: Tornadoli the regular joe astronaut is lynched
Night 1: Suirantes the regular joe astronaut is hunted
Day 2: Enkhuush the regular joe astronaut is lynched
Night 2: Yakman the regular joe astronaut is hunted
Day 2: snoopdogg the regular joe astronaut is lynched
Night 2: reis91 the regular joe astronaut is hunted
Day 3: Boris the Soviet spy is lynched
Night 3: Randakar the American astronaut is hunted

Last edited:
In as a Snathi stranded on earth.

How can you hate this cute little race?
Axn2x.jpg

IN as unnamed astronaut #4743875.

In as James Henry Parts IV, son of James Henry Parts III

In.

To all those wishing to sign up and especially to those already signed up: I have just posted the rules section and you should really read my proposal for a scoreboard.

This is NOT set in stone and discussion is more than welcome.

Specifically, I would really like each player to answer these questions:

1) What are your feelings about the scoreboard? Positive ("I want this in the game"), neutral ("I don't care either way") or negative ("I won't play if there's a scoreboard")?
2) What should dead players be allowed to do? Post and vote like everyone else? Vote but not post? Vote but in PM to the GM? Important to state here is that votes would only be valid for scoring purposes and NOT for deciding who gets lynched.
3) Any thoughts on the point distribution? If dead players can still score points, should there be a point for all players who actually survive the game?

I think that dead players should pm their vote to the gm.

But they are actually the most evil race in the game!

Regarding Scoreboard, a few comments.

First, I would have no problems playing a game with a scoreboard involved. If only to test the concept.

However, I would agree with Suir that dead players should pm their vote and not in thread.

I also think that a bonus for surviving can cut both ways. It rewards those who survive, but gives the possibility of "coasting" as you say.

Which vote would count? Only the one at deadline or will it be a spamfest during the day with voteswitches left and right?

A possibility could also be to give minus points for voting Villagers instead of just no points. So a scoring something like:

Surviving and winning: 2pts
Wolf: 1pts
Known Wolf: 0pts
Villager: -1pts
Known Villager (confirmed from JL as good guy - See previous Lite as example): -2pts

I suggest this point system.

Everybody starts with 10 points.

We lose 1 point per lynched villager if you're a villager, and 2 if you're a seer.

The wolves gain 1 point per lynched villagers, but lose 3 points if they hunt the seer.

The seer gets 1 point for each scanned wolves, and 2 additional points if he manages to get the wolf outed, but not by him of course. One more point if he gets the wolf lynched, along the villager that outed the wolf.

A villager can get 1 points if he calls dibs while on the lead of 2/3 of the votes between 5 to 6 hours beofre deadline. IF he calls dibs, wolves have to use a secret word given to them by the GM in a post and thus they counter-dibs. If counter-dibbed the villager will lose 1 point.
If not counter-dibbed the villager earns 2 points, unless he dies.

Wolf can call dibbs too, but in that case they only get 1 point if they manage to avoid being lynched, while all the villagers lose 1 points.

The seer can dib as well and thus gains 2 points. If the seer is lynched, that's called a fumble and thus all villagers lose 4 points, while the wolves get one point.

If the wolves hunt a scanned villager that's called a drop, and they get one point.

Survivor winning villagers get 5 points. Survivor winning seer gets 7.

Surviving wolves get 3 points.

A wolf that survives alone gets 5 points, plus 1 extra point per turn he was alone.

GAME ON.

Which vote would count? Only the one at deadline or will it be a spamfest during the day with voteswitches left and right?

Only the final vote would count, just like it's the only one that counts for the lynch. Otherwise you'd have people voting every living person 10 times in the same day.

Interesting proposal. I'm game.

I suggest this point system.

Everybody starts with 10 points.

We lose 1 point per lynched villager if you're a villager, and 2 if you're a seer.

The wolves gain 1 point per lynched villagers, but lose 3 points if they hunt the seer.

The seer gets 1 point for each scanned wolves, and 2 additional points if he manages to get the wolf outed, but not by him of course. One more point if he gets the wolf lynched, along the villager that outed the wolf.

A villager can get 1 points if he calls dibs while on the lead of 2/3 of the votes between 5 to 6 hours beofre deadline. IF he calls dibs, wolves have to use a secret word given to them by the GM in a post and thus they counter-dibs. If counter-dibbed the villager will lose 1 point.
If not counter-dibbed the villager earns 2 points, unless he dies.

Wolf can call dibbs too, but in that case they only get 1 point if they manage to avoid being lynched, while all the villagers lose 1 points.

The seer can dib as well and thus gains 2 points. If the seer is lynched, that's called a fumble and thus all villagers lose 4 points, while the wolves get one point.

If the wolves hunt a scanned villager that's called a drop, and they get one point.

Survivor winning villagers get 5 points. Survivor winning seer gets 7.

Surviving wolves get 3 points.

A wolf that survives alone gets 5 points, plus 1 extra point per turn he was alone.

GAME ON.

I find the part about dibs complicated and unnecessary. I also find that punishing the wolves for hunting the seers is preposterous, as any non-suicidal wolfpack should always aim for seers first.
Other than that, interesting enough.

Wolves should get the seer lynched.

Any decent wolf ignores the seer and aims for complete humiliation.

Getting the seer lynched is a fool-proof way to get yourself lynched next. Any semi-competent wolf aims to survive (unless dying is highly beneficial to the pack or hilarious in any way), not get himself killed.