• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Secretary Little campaiging for his civil rights reform in Alabama, he is in front of a crowd of enthusiastic equality activists, their hope visible on their faces.
"We are standing at the dawn of a new era, an era of peace, stability and freedom, in this new age the last shackles of slavery will rust and break apart liberating the south from the tyranny of Jim Crow and segregation. We need leaders to guide us through this new era,
Which is why I am announcing my canidacy
BANG
Little fell from his podium a red liquid leaking from the topright side of his head as the crowd erupted into panic and anger.
Henry Little was dead.

((My Secretaries are dieing all around me! D: ))

Another great tragedy... a man who had been one of my staunched supporters, and dearest friends, has been felled by an assassin's bullet; if these radicals believe that intimidation and terror will halt the advance of liberty, they are sorely mistaken. That Mr. Little died, as he was his candidacy for possibly this nation's highest office, is terrible; that he was brutally slain while championing liberty and civil rights is an even worse... I now hope, with all my heart, this his Basic Rights Bill will pass Congress; if it does, it would be my honour to sign it into law...

I will once again be running as the Progressive candidate.

Yes to the 1921 Bill of Rights.

I vote no on the 1921 Bill of Rights.

Furthermore, I would like to announce that I will be running for President under the Republican banner.

I put myself forward to the Republican Party as the voice of reason and moderation. As can be seen so clearly by Mr. Jarvis' outright attacks on the Jim Crow laws, less is being done to resolve the problem, rather than more. The Southern people have fled from Jarvis, and for good reason, too; he has attempted to usurp those rights of the states that he holds so dear, in an attempt to force upon the South something it is not yet ready for. The very idea that Federal intervention will do anything other than exacerbate the situation is nonsense and foolhardy. The Southern states must tackle the issue at their own pace, and any rash actions by any outside parties will cause Southerners to lash out against the very thought of granting Negroes civil rights, for they will associate such a thought not with the pursuit of happiness, but rather with the usurpation of states' rights by a cold, uncaring, unrepresentative Washington.

((Alright, time for some radical Southern politicking...))

((So now we have two (McCahill can't run, he's too young) Federals and two Republicans announced; good!))

May I ask both Secretary Horshington and Vice President Ritter what their platforms are?

Economically, we have prospered, and I see no reason to interfere with what you've accomplished. I will continue your program, if elected, of minimal governmental interference in the economy. Foreign policy wise, I would prevent American recognition ((if we haven't technically done it already)) of the so-called "Communist Republic" of Germany. I firmly believe the only acceptable method of social change in a democracy is through the ballot box. I would favor covert aid to the Federal Republic, but I would not commit troops to the struggle unless American lives or interests are threatened.

As I am not a Southerner, I would sponsor the creation of a Committee on Civil Rights to investigate exactly what is being done in the South and what, if anything, should be done to alter it.

I will be running for President as a Federal

No offense taken Mr. Walsh, I read the amendment wrong going to revise my vote.

((It's Sharp actually.)) Thank you Governor Blancharde. You seem a great hope for the future of the Federal Party.

((Mikeboy, is your character still Terrance?))

Last edited:
I vote no on the 1921 Bill of Rights.

Furthermore, I would like to announce that I will be running for President under the Republican banner.

I put myself forward to the Republican Party as the voice of reason and moderation. As can be seen so clearly by Mr. Jarvis' outright attacks on the Jim Crow laws, less is being done to resolve the problem, rather than more. The Southern people have fled from Jarvis, and for good reason, too; he has attempted to usurp those rights of the states that he holds so dear, in an attempt to force upon the South something it is not yet ready for. The very idea that Federal intervention will do anything other than exacerbate the situation is nonsense and foolhardy. The Southern states must tackle the issue at their own pace, and any rash actions by any outside parties will cause Southerners to lash out against the very thought of granting Negroes civil rights, for they will associate such a thought not with the pursuit of happiness, but rather with the usurpation of states' rights by a cold, uncaring, unrepresentative Washington.

((Alright, time for some radical Southern politicking...))

((Radical Southern politicking?! Thats what I do best! I Might have to rejoin this AAR :cool:))

Last edited:
((I can resist no longer, I'm Back!))

William F. Stewart
Representative from Mississippi

william_faulkner.jpg

The Stewarts had been an Oxford Legend for many years, no one was quite sure where or how he got his money or who he was beforehand but when Rhett Stewart rode into the town with 2000 dollars in gold in 1862 wanting to buy somthing from everybody in a war ravaged town no one complained. His grandson William (b.1889) took a common path for those of the Southern Gentry class, who were niether the Plantation Barons or the Poor Yeoman, and studied law at The University of Mississippi. He was supposed to graduate Law School in 1914 but was drafted to fight in the Great War in 1913. Returning home in 1918 he completed his law degree by the spring of 1919. Primarily using his war record and his position in the Gentry (A Social class able to mingle with both the Plantation Barons and the Yeoman) he was elected as representative from a rural congressional district in Mississippi in 1924.

Party: Republican
Idealogical Issues: Pro-States Rights, Pro-Flat Tax
Born: Mar. 22. 1889
Position: Representative from Mississippi's 2nd District
Alma Matter: University of Mississippi
Hometown: Oxford Mississippi

((I can resist no longer, I'm Back!))

William F. Stewart
Representative from Mississippi

william_faulkner.jpg

The Stewarts had been an Oxford Legend for many years, no one was quite sure where or how he got his money or who he was beforehand but when Rhett Stewart rode into the town with 2000 dollars in gold in 1862 wanting to buy somthing from everybody in a war ravaged town no one complained. His grandson William (b.1889) took a common path for those of the Southern Gentry class, who were niether the Plantation Barons or the Poor Yeoman, and studied law at The University of Mississippi. He was supposed to graduate Law School in 1914 but was drafted to fight in the Great War in 1913. Returning home in 1918 he completed his law degree by the spring of 1919. Primarily using his war record and his position in the Gentry (A Social class able to mingle with both the Plantation Barons and the Yeoman) he was elected as representative from a rural congressional district in Mississippi in 1924.

Idealogical Issues: Pro-States Rights, Pro-Flat Tax
Born: Mar. 22. 1889
Position: Representative from Mississippi's 2nd District
Hometown: Oxford Mississippi

OOC: It is so awesome you are back! Welcome back! I can't wait to see the unlimited southern rage.

OOC: It is so awesome you are back! Welcome back! I can't wait to see the unlimited southern rage.

((Good to know someone missed me :p))

((With the southerners getting agitated by northerners again, I figured i'd try to stir up some more trouble before the AAR ends))

woodfill-10-photo.jpg

Robert Francis Charlie Junior. III
Idealogical Issues: Pro-States Rights, Equal through segregation.
Born: Mar. 22. 1879
Position: Senator for the great state of Alabama.
Hometown: Birmingham. Alabama.

Robert's ancestors came from a humble village near York in England and arrived in the new world in 1750. They moved to Alabama in 1800 and bought their first plantation. Roberts's grandfather fought on the confederate side in the civil war as a Colonel under General Robert E. Lee . Most of their property was seized after the war and the once rich and powerful family was now impoverished. With the help of friends they got a couple of fields back after some tough years. 1879 was a great year for Robert Francis Charlie Junior. II because of hard work and borrowed money he could buy back his family plantations just outside Birmingham and he got a heir.

Robert was born in 1879 on a plantation just like his father and his father had been before. In Robert's mind this should not change, the way the south was doing right now worked why change it?

After graduation high school he enlisted in the army and went straight to West Point. After he got appointed officer in the United States army he served a couple of years in a army base in the south. When the Great war erupted he had acquired the rank of Captain and saw action in Dijon where he was wounded, after a artillery strike. He got back into the war in 1915 with the 6th army and fought in Normandy. His actions in Normandy earned him the congressional medal of honor, and two bullet wounds through his left lung. He survived them and recovered. He retired from the army and went back to Birmingham where he married his wife and settled down. He ran for senator of Alabama for the Republicans in 1918 and won. He has since served as a senator.

The Primary of 1924

Federal Candidate(s)

T. H. Terrance
(b. 1871), Former President of the Republic ((Mikeboy)). The only man to break the Republican stranglehold on the Presidency since Harrison’s retirement form politics, Terrance is back from an eight-year hiatus, ready to take on the post-Jarvis possibilities.

Alicia Vallejo
(b. 1858), National-Level Politician ((Gloa)). The woman who, along with the recently retired Kevin McCahill, has been the heart of the Federal Party since the end of the Terrance administration is running for the presidency one last time before she, like all her colleagues born before the end of the Civil War, retires.

John Sharp (b. 1882), Senator for Indiana ((WelshDude)). A man of the Terrance Administration and Federal Party through and through, Sharp holds the party line of the last eight years close to his heart.

Republican Candidate(s)

William Horshington
(b. 1887), Secretary of State ((Kaisersohaib)). Brother to the tragic tale of Secretary of State Maurice Horshington, William is the rare kind of Republican; a reformist. In his run for the presidency, he is hoping to fulfill the ambitions of his father and brother, who both died before Maurice, always the political one, could sit in the Oval Office.

Simon Von Ritter
(b. 1870), Vice-President of the Republic ((Avindian)). Vice-President of the longest-running Republican administration, Ritter hopes to repair the damage done to the Solid South through moderation, and thus secure two of the three branches of government with a Republican plurality in Congress and Republican President.

John T. Sherman (b. 1870), Senator ((Seek75)). Sherman, a man of the Republican Party above all, runs on the promise of leaving the South alone, which he hopes will allow him to take the nomination.

Independent Candidate(s)

Michael Sullivan
(b. 1880), Governor for Illinois ((etranger01)). Still a die-hard progressive, Sullivan intends to capture the Presidency with the same promise he had in 1921; fairness and regulation.

----------------------

Exceptional Situation(s):

Civil Rights Act of 1921 passes 5/2/1.

If I’ve forgotten to do it before: 19th, 20th Amendment fail. PVA passes.

Other than that, vote.