• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ledger Update 3 - A Bit Later Then Usual
Salve

Even though i know you'd rather me do a real update, im still going to do this to give you an idea of my country and my enemies. With this extra knowledge, you can help me plan more conquests.

Armies
First up is Armies, we have improved! We are now second, behind Novogorod.
EU3_9-5.jpg

Navies
Although navies play quite a small part in EU3 wars, we still have the biggest navy in the world. Last time, we were behind Ming, but since Ming is now deceased, there is no longer any competition.
EU3_14-5.jpg

Income
Grr...these stats dont show our friends in asia! Ah well, we're still top in the Europe league. Also, we have the second highest inflation (behind Thurgia), any ideas on how to decrease it without causing bankruptcy.
EU3_2-9.jpg

Provinces
The number of provinces for all the largest known nations. Its quite strange to see the random spike in my line, that was proberly when i formed Great Britian. Also, I added my predictions like i did last time :D
EU3_15-5.jpg

Country Overview
Charts, charts and more charts!
EU3_16-5.jpg

Vale.

From my experience, you simply do end up with inflation in this mod - while the advisors, ideas etc. help, you'll be minting more than they can support. That's just the nature of the beast when you have to fight more than is usually viable. It'll get better when you get more cores, as long as your borders still stay defensible enough not to need a disproportionate influx of new troops. After all, it's that "safe heartland" that can tip the income/expense scales in a positive direction so you don't need to mint that much.

Castille has a quite funny shaped graph. :D

Is manpower really the bottleneck? Not force limits or income?
Oh, you know what i meant! Income, force limits, trade and manpower are all the things that i need from the new world

From my experience, you simply do end up with inflation in this mod - while the advisors, ideas etc. help, you'll be minting more than they can support. That's just the nature of the beast when you have to fight more than is usually viable. It'll get better when you get more cores, as long as your borders still stay defensible enough not to need a disproportionate influx of new troops. After all, it's that "safe heartland" that can tip the income/expense scales in a positive direction so you don't need to mint that much.

Castille has a quite funny shaped graph.
Hmm, Ill try toning down the minting if i remember, see what it can do. Hopefully my graph wont look like castille's!

It might be the first time that I ever see a "curve" in province number graph...
You and your silly peace treatys in your silly vanilla game.

Update as soon as photobucket doesn't photo*ucket.

Post 13 - No Spoilers In This Title Please
Sorry, I'm giving away the plot of this post, its far too important, I mean, who would of thought that......oh right...EU3 time.

More Morocco For Me
Once again, war came between us and Morocco. One of our armies cheekily never retreated from Al Djazair, the other was right on the border of the poorly defended Tunisia. They bursted into action
EU3_1-9.jpg

It took only months for one of the armies to be split into smaller sub-armies and be seizing all of their Tunisian provinces.
EU3_3-11.jpg

The 1st army sieges their capital province of Al Djazair and then relocates to help the sub-armies take down Northern Tunisia.

Good News From Scandinavia
Kola has finally turned into a city of magnificent desire! The Fur producing province will now get a fort and be a great asset to the British Empire.
EU3_5-8.jpg

Back In Africa
Tripoli gets seized. The 2nd Army then moves even more East threatening the Moroccan Egypt.

More provinces get seized. The war is going Perfectly, with all of Tunisia, Algieria and Libya under our control!
EU3_8-7.jpg

Bad News From Scandinavia
"With all the excitement going on down south, we seem to have forgotten about up here." said a Finnish Border Ranger, a russian spear stuck in his heart. "That blasted Bruce should have commissioned more troops to defend from Novogorod"
Using his physic powers, Henry managed to hear that, he stabbed himself in the heart shouting, "why dont you do a better job?".
EU3_7-9.jpg

The country was destabilized a bit.

Sir Hugh Jass grinned, another chance to rule the country. But with the Russians closing in, what will he do?
EU3_9-6.jpg

With the insulting king dead, the excomination was lifted. The country was now fully stabilized.

The 2nd War For Finland
For all you silly people out there, the 1st war was against Sweden
Two massive Novogorod Armies arrived in the border provinces. The Eastern Border army was more up north defending from Kazan, as a result, Olonets was seized almost instantly.

The 2nd Border army was attacked and killed, we were no match to the Russians awesome power.
EU3_11-5.jpg

The Eastern army returns to Olonets a bit late, the Novogorod army was now in Kexholm, the 2nd army was retreating to Kexholm, the 2nd Novogorod army was chasing the army to...(you guessed it)...Kexholm. Olonets was seized ASAP but was still too late, the 2nd army was destroyed.

Peace
Morocco was draining too much of the country's supplies, peace was made. we now hold all the provinces east of Egypt except Morocco's capital, it will continue to hold back the invasion.
EU3_13-5.jpg

Peace was made with Kazan also, hopefully, they can consontrate on beat Novogorod and helping us. The enemy of my enemy is also my enemy no longer applies.

War
Spies are sent deep into Novogorod, desperate times call for desperate measures.
EU3_21-4.jpg

More regiments are called to the war all over Finland. As a result 2 major battles took place, it changed the course of the war.
EU3_18-3.jpg

With friendly reinforcements constantly arriving in both of the battles, it was a close fight in both of them.

Karelia finished first, we lost massively.
EU3_19-4.jpg

The battle for Viborg finish, again, we lost.
EU3_22-5.jpg

Hugh Jass then decided that he wasnt the best person for deciding the country's fate. He white peaced out. Great Britain lost Two provinces during the war, Kexholm and Neva.
EU3_24-4.jpg

The people of Kexholm now preferred Novogorodian rule, they would no longer except us. We lose them as a core province.

Only time can tell what Novogorod will try next.

THEND
Picture of the post: How Can Novogorod Suvive?!?!? Look at those non-cores! Hes the Frigging AI!!!
EU3_26-4.jpg

End game map: stupid friggen losing provinces grrr...
EU3_MAP_GBR_1446122_1-1.jpg

HELP ME!

Vale

Maybe haul some of the African troops back if it's safe enough there? Stopping Novgorod would be worth halting the North African expansion.

Also, I think you may have enough men in theater if you fight with all of them at the same time. If you're outnumbered like that for a battle, stay out of the way until you're able to combine armies.

Still, you survived a nasty situation well enough - that territory loss is certainly reversible.

Maybe haul some of the African troops back if it's safe enough there? Stopping Novgorod would be worth halting the North African expansion.

Also, I think you may have enough men in theater if you fight with all of them at the same time. If you're outnumbered like that for a battle, stay out of the way until you're able to combine armies.

Still, you survived a nasty situation well enough - that territory loss is certainly reversible.
Since now the African holdings now only have one border province, i guess it may be worth bringing back one army. I only have a couple months before the war will come again, ill try to make a super army in that time but its hard in the low supply limit lands of Finland.

Novgorod looks like it will soon form Russia.
It proberly has all the right provinces, but it proberly doesn't have the right cores.

Revenge of the Holy Roman Empire?
Erm...I dont think so, i think thats Thurgia and The Hansa.

What's the green country east of kazan?
Novogorod. Oh right east, Novogorod again. A little south of Novogorod is another green country, thats Durrani.

I only have a couple months before the war will come again, ill try to make a super army in that time but its hard in the low supply limit lands of Finland.

To tackle that problem, just keep in mind that you don't have to keep the mega stack together in advance - having it in time for the battle (or even a few days in) is sufficient. :)

To tackle that problem, just keep in mind that you don't have to keep the mega stack together in advance - having it in time for the battle (or even a few days in) is sufficient.
Yes.

What happened to Japan?
It seems they fell for the old AI trick of losing the war in the homeland and they forgot to reinforce the overseas because of this.

Scorch?
You have to figure that Nov will be back after the truce is up so concentrate on that theatre
don't hold them on the border let them come in and then pounce
I proberly would scorch but only if im losing the war and white peace is no longer an option

we'll see.
Update in >4 days.

Post 14 - The Plot Thickens
Plot? What plot?

Its been so long. The AAR was no longer first page, i had to do something! So, Salve and welcome to Post 14.

War Starts!
That event appears again! It seems theres barely a cats length from ending the Novogorodian war to starting it again!
EU3_1-10.jpg

Oh right! Doesn't matter, it was just a war with Kazan.

It was quite some time before the British Reconquest of Kexholm began, enough time for one of the armies from Africa to arrive and enough time for the Finnish armies to be resupplied. But, eventually, the war started.

British Reconquest of Kexholm
Obviously, tactics win wars. As one great man said "1'000 smart men can beat 100'000 dumb men". The African army shall land in Osel the eastern "Cannon Fodder" army shall distract the enemy whilst the 2 Finnish armies shall reconquer the lost land.
EU3_5-9.jpg

Kexholm was quickly assaulted, sieged, seized and won. The army moved down south to the enemies capital province, Novogorod.
EU3_7-10.jpg

This was good, since the "Cannon Fodder" had to head back north to deal with some unruly peasants. The peasants obviously couldnt read a map, as they were supposed to fight Kazan.

Speaking of peasants, Novogorod had revolts of their own. They will slow down the war somewhat.

The Novogorodians seem to be ignoring us, the Danish toll blockader fleet has spied that their main super army is attacking Pom Pom land.
EU3_10-7.jpg

Look at me still talking when theres fighting to be done. Neva gets seiged and seized, as it was one of the original British provinces.
EU3_12-7.jpg

Osel gets sieged and seized, not much of a reason for this being seized other then the fact that its an island and therefore, easy to defend. A carrack gets dispatched from the main fleet to blockade the straits leading to it. Osel is the island just of Riga, for any of those silly people.

Beloozero and the enemies capital gets sieged within a donkey's year of each other. Ingermanland gets sieged a few months later. Now, nearly all of Northern Russia is under British occupation.

"Whats this? A battle?"
"Hugh Jass! When will you learn to not forget about somewhere more important?" said some other less important man.
"Whats going on?" Demanded Hugh.
"The Moroccans are attacking!" he shouted "I told you about this ages ago and you just brushed it off!"
EU3_17-6.jpg

"We had terrain bonuses for crying out load!!!TERRAIN BONUSES!!!!!" Jass replied "Guards! Execute this man and you messengers over there, demand they accept white peace!!"
EU3_21-5.jpg

"Whats this? A battle?"
"Hugh Jass! When will you learn to not forget about somewhere more important?" said some other less important man.
"Whats going on?" Demanded Hugh.
"The Novogorodians are attacking!!" he replied "Their army is far more Superior then ours!"
EU3_19-5.jpg

"Also, it seems with have won Yaroslavl, now seems a good time to make peace" added the grand marshal
"Perfect, inform the troops of peace, retreat them from the area, back to the border" Hugh commanded "This is the peace i demand....."
EU3_20-5.jpg

The End
Picture of the post is in reply to someone saying that the HRE is back, its not, im sorry. Its funny to see a great enemy now a failure (HRE), and a what was once a failure is now my biggest enemy (Nov.)
EU3_22-6.jpg

The World map, i haven't really made much progress this post. But i have nerfed Novogorod a bit, which is always a bonus.
EU3_MAP_GBR_14481024_1.jpg

Vale

Eek, the Moroccans have a scary general! :eek:

Great work beating Novgorod like that. :)

Eek, the Moroccans have a scary general!

Great work beating Novgorod like that.
They also have a stupid leader (they accepted white peace). Thank ya :D!

Just remember: Never start a land war in Russia.
Their army was too good :(

Sorry, i was going to do an update today, but then Hearts of Iron 3 got in the way, damn you gamersgate super 70% sale! update tomorrow, proberly.