• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

walrus

High on Political Consensus
19 Badges
Jan 22, 2006
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Achtung Panzer
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • 500k Club
  • 200k Club
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
Imperial Zenith II - a 1.2 Multiplayer AAR

reichsgrundung1871-aw.jpg

Greetings, forum!

As some of you may be aware, I recently ran an AAR documenting a v1.1 MP game, which ended in the 1880s due to the quirkiness of the last patch. Now, with an updated roster of players, and new player controlled countries, once again, we return to the world circa 1836 for a century of war, politics, and intrigue.

Enjoy!

Player Roster

noddy102 - The Southern Irish Empire (Two Sicilies)
walrus - The Glorious Empire of Spain
Gongji - Dirty Turks (Ottoman Empire)
Kadon - Sausageland (Prussia)
Necazian - The National Rifle Association (USA)
Alistus - Democratic Islandland (United Kingdom)
cledde - Here be Witches (United States of Central America)
Haukionkala - Kawaii! (Japan)
Searry - Sausageland Jr. Featuring Balkan Instability [Radio Edit][Import] (Austria)
Fire and Ash - Illiterate, Industrialised Eastern Hordes (Russian Empire) (Subbed by Zombiemutant in Session 2, seek75 Session 3 onwards)
BulMaster - Sausage Haters (France)
The Man With No Name (Esperanza) - Portuguese South America (Brazil) (Left after Session 1)

Haven't forgotten anyone, have I? :D

We game on Sunday evenings (first session was yesterday) and the first write up from me will most likely be tomorrow as I haven't had a chance to sort through my screenshots and remind myself of what happened yet.

Last edited:
Excellent work walrus!

I believe 'The Man with No Name' was Esparanza and he's already left the game.

United States of America - AAR1

The United States of America:

MexicanWarNewspaper.jpg

We have defeated the Mexicans and enlarged our territory by one third. A massive influx of immigrants came as we gained the territories with the vast empty plains and rumors of gold.

The United States of America and the Kingdom of Spain are in negotiations about the sale of the Caribbean island of Cuba. The payment will not be in money, but by Spanish privileges in the American sphere of influence.

The secessionist movement has spread across the south, threatening the stability of the union, with about seven states joining the cause. The Mexican-American war and the Cuba negotiations were a way to distract the Dixie population from the slavery debate, but how long will they stay distracted?

A civil war is brewing.

1836 - 1846 - The Decade of Lag

v2mapmp1846641.jpg

Major events of the Decade
Crushing of the Carlist Rebellion in Spain
1st and 2nd Ottman-Greek Wars - The Turks dismembered the Greeks early on, and then in the mid 1840s came back for a second bite at the cherry, resulting in Greek annexation, which wasn't recognised by any other European powers (OOS errors prevented most players noticing the annexation)
Russian Expansion in Central Asia - The Russian Empire ruthlessly annexed or sliced up all it's tiny central Asian neighbours, to a chorus of silence from the world.
British Conquest of the Malaysian Peninsula - brushing aside the weak resistance of the state of Johore
Ottoman - Tripoli Peace Accords of October 1836
China - Burmese War of 1837 - resulting in the handing over of Haka to China
Ethiopian Conquest of Asmara from Egypt - A.K.A Ethiopia gets their ass handed to them and gives Negele to Egypt
Portugal - Omani War
Spanish War in Morocco - where we gloriously conquered most of Morocco
Portugeuse Annexation of Zulu - which surprisingly went unpunished by the United Kingdom....
Ottoman War of Liberation - the Turks liberated territory they claimed as their own, as well as a bit more against a powerless Egyptian state.
Prussian-Austrian Brothers War - fought to a white peace after a series of inconclusive battles, and the intervention of the French
Sicilian-Irish Annexation of Tunis - a drunken expedition of Sicilians accidentally broke into the HQ of the Tunisian government, only to wake up the next day with hangovers, and some colonial territory
Japanese Annexation of Korea
USCA War of Panama - a lightning USCA attack on Colombia led to the signing of a Peace treaty turning over command of Panama to the Union, leaving them controlling all Central American mainland territory South of Mexico
Russian-Persian War - The Russian steamroller ploughed on, annexing vast swathes of Persia
Chile-Argentine War - War of agreesion on the part of Chile, which backfired and they had to hand over territory to Argentina
Brazilian conquest of Bolivian Amazonas
War of Manifest Destiny (1842) - The USA quickly conquered all it's core territories form the Mexicans, as well as the Yucatan peninsula, which was handed over to the Central Americans

Due to the record number of complaints we received after airing the action-drama, Bitch Hunter, we now bring to you a program about a very special woman:
Victoria II

Allow us to take you on a tumultuous journey through her life, with events such as:

New Advancements in Military Tactics!
tanksword.jpg

Pessimisim
austriav.jpg

Brazil's gotta catch 'em all!
greecey.jpg

A Lesson in Mediterranean Economics
economics.jpg

Generous Donations to the Starving Africans
africanfood.jpg

Opium is One Hell of a Drug
drugsl.jpg

The Growing Superiority of the French Race
francen.jpg

An Ulterior Motive for the Colonisers
ulteriormotive.jpg

Keeping the Irish Down
racismg.jpg

Irish Geography
irishgeography.jpg

Someone Messes with Spanish Wikipedia
lagm.jpg

Mysterious happenings!
theplotthickens.jpg

huhz.jpg

Killing Two Birds with One Stone
mothers.jpg

And to Complete the Show, a Question to Ponder upon, Supplied by Comrade Gongji
wattb.jpg

All MP games would be made so much better with snippets taken completely out of context.

Looks exciting!! :)
Russian warmongering brought them awfully close to India, though. What is the UK planing to do about that?

And are there any accord between the two sausageland GPs (Pru+AUS) regarding the future of the German nations? Peaceful coooperation, or war?

And are there any accord between the two sausageland GPs (Pru+AUS) regarding the future of the German nations? Peaceful coooperation, or war?

Well, they've already fought one war over it, so I doubt peaceful co-operation is the way forward somehow :p

Looks exciting!! :)
Russian warmongering brought them awfully close to India, though. What is the UK planing to do about that?

I tried proposing a deal between Prussia and Austria, but Prussia rejected it, silly warmongerers.

1846-1857

1857x.jpg

Major Events
Russian War of British Containment - the session was partially played with Russia as AI, which proceeded to make the stupidest move in History, and declare war on the British alliance. Obviously, as Russia was backed up by Krakow, Serbia and Egypt, how could they fail?
Establishment of the Spanish Protectorate over Morocco
French Conquest of Rhineland - a war which involved most of Europe, and after a lot of deaths (mostly Spanish :mad:) a peace was signed handing Prussian Wurttemburg to the French
Brazilian War of La Paz - lasted 3 years, and a white peace was signed in 1851
Austrian liberation of French Wurttemburg - a territorial transfer, which led to the founding of...
Formation of the South German Federation (1848)
Sicily became a Great Power(1848)
Prussian Liberation of Danish Schleswig-Holstein - a quick, successful war for the Prussians with peace signed in July 1849
Spain becomes a Great Power (again) (1850)
North German Federation formed (June 1851)
Portugeuese war of the Omani Kenya Concession
Meji Restoration in Japan (June 1852)
Sicilian Annexation of Tuscany
British Annexation of Travanacore (1853)
British Annexation of Bundelkhand (1853)
French War of the Vinhlong Region Concession - a roaring success for the French, as they annexed the Cambodians
Spanish Annexation of Uruguay (1856) - with American backing, the glorious Spanish army vanquished the Uruguayans!
Russian - Kokandi War
American Colonial Conquest of the Danish West Indies
2nd Brazilian War of La Paz

Right, I forgot to upload the picture, it's still on my stationary, but it seems that our beloved Walrus has posted it! :D

Always bet on the walrus :cool:

Edit: Comedic update, if I can be bothered to sort through all the screenshots I have of our player's depravity will most likely be tomorrow,

My update is coming tomorrow.