• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

krieg93

First Lieutenant
37 Badges
Apr 3, 2011
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Magicka
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
I just want some immigrants... presidential dictatorships suck, any ideas? what can I do?

PS: I don't mind using some sort of cheat. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well... you could always edit the history file of the country for them to start as a democracy. You could also just declare a lot of wars for humiliation or some other low BB war, then white peace out to infuriate them so the revolts happen quick.

No matter what, turning Argentina into a democracy quickly is going to be gamey.

Well... you could always edit the history file of the country for them to start as a democracy. You could also just declare a lot of wars for humiliation or some other low BB war, then white peace out to infuriate them so the revolts happen quick.

No matter what, turning Argentina into a democracy quickly is going to be gamey.

Thanks for the help, I'll start declaring humiliation wars now

Well, I had this sort of problem as Peru, and my solution? Declare war on Brazil and eat part of their country. And Bolivia. And Argentina. Then, after a while, I was getting 26,000 immigrants per month. One of my Argentine provinces was 36% Czech. Now my RGOs are full and I have 230 brigades. I got my first capitalist in about 1880. Taxes are on full and I can't put up my mil spending or national stockpile. On the plus side all the British immigrants, being able to read, have upped my literacy to 38%, from 10%.

What year are you in?

Well, I had this sort of problem as Peru, and my solution? Declare war on Brazil and eat part of their country. And Bolivia. And Argentina. Then, after a while, I was getting 26,000 immigrants per month. One of my Argentine provinces was 36% Czech. Now my RGOs are full and I have 230 brigades. I got my first capitalist in about 1880. Taxes are on full and I can't put up my mil spending or national stockpile. On the plus side all the British immigrants, being able to read, have upped my literacy to 38%, from 10%.

What year are you in?

I gave up when i realized i was not gonna get any immigrants around the year 1870ish, the big problem is that the US, mexico, chile and Ecuador are the immigrant magnets and i don't get any! so i suppose it must be a democracy thing, cause heck i got a ton of reforms and went full retard on the culture thingie that gives more immigrants but still, nothing..

Yeah i'm gonna eat Chile in a couple of years but I don't think i'm gonna get any immigrants at all... were you playing your game with peru pre-1.3? cause they don't get any immigrants either

you have to be a democracy to attract immigrants. there is no other way (even hm's government does not help)

The bias for democracy is definitely way out of line. It makes Brazil and Argentina, historically the two powerhouses in South America, total basket cases, and Chile way overpowered.

Argentina and Brazil are both countries built on European immigration, it's kinda sad that it's not that way in Vicky2, wish it was a bit more accurate historically.

You don't need them to rebel, get high militancy and get landed voting and harassment party method and you'll become a democracy

You don't need to get infamy to raise militancy. If you haven't conquered it already, Argentina has cores on Bolivia. Just declare war and white peace repeatedly. Break the truce as well, that also increases militancy (it decreases prestige though, but if you're still in the 1830's/40's, it shouldn't be a problem, as there's no negative prestige). Be sure to time the white peace proposal to get enough militancy, so you'll pass reforms in the end of a year. That way, you may pass another reform in the beginning of the coming year. You'll then manage to get the two needed reforms (as mentioned above Landed Voting and Harassment) in the shortest time possible with few wars/truce breaks. :)

I kind of enjoyed playing as Il Presidente, and got loads of immigrants eventually. It takes a while for surplus population to build up elsewhere in the world. You won't be getting much early on, even if you do game or cheat your way to a democracy.

Taking provinces off anyone will give you some high militancy areas that throw out rebels fairly soon if you want to do it the rebel way. You can send out the Presidential Guard to gas the lot of them, or decide its time for a new government. Recruiting a brigade of troops from a rebellious POP and stationing it in your capital under an unreliable general will speed that process up.

I kind of enjoyed playing as Il Presidente, and got loads of immigrants eventually. It takes a while for surplus population to build up elsewhere in the world. You won't be getting much early on, even if you do game or cheat your way to a democracy.

Taking provinces off anyone will give you some high militancy areas that throw out rebels fairly soon if you want to do it the rebel way. You can send out the Presidential Guard to gas the lot of them, or decide its time for a new government. Recruiting a brigade of troops from a rebellious POP and stationing it in your capital under an unreliable general will speed that process up.
What makes Chile so special then? Chile's population grows on steroids from day 1.