• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
VILenin -- it is magnificently honouring to have you, one of my most loyal and favorite fans, be the first to post in response! Welcome! :D

Renss

The honor is all mine.:)

Your gameplay goals are just as interesting as your story premise. I'm very interested to see how far you can go as a minor in HOI3 and what new options/limitations are presented by the engine. I think my first game (once I get my copy tomorrow) will probably be as a mid-sized minor. Incidentally, this is the 2nd game you've influenced to by earlier than I'd planned. Paradox should put you on commission!:D

I look forward to this AAR! BTW, as Cromelex mentioned in Portuguese, it's not Impéria, it's Império. Impéria Novo makes no sense at all in Portuguese. :D

That. I was just waiting for someone to go "What's he saying?" before posting this correction.

As said previously, I'm looking forward to read this :)

A Portugal AAR, nice.

I have some doubts on how successful can you be in this game (sorry :p). The British navy is vastly superior to your own. And when the US enters the war you shouldn't have a chance...

Having said so, I look forward to watching you prove me wrong :)

What areas of expansion are you looking at? Taking all Africa from the UK? Low infra provinces everywhere...

But please, do avenge Portugal of the humilliation from the Ultimatum Pink Map ;)

Last edited:
Great to see a portuguese AAR. I will obviously follow this one although it will spoil a little my game as Portugal when I´ll get HOI3.

Good luck, as Ezzezze said it won´t be easy, but i supose you know that better than us...

Looking forward to see how minor countries fare on HoI3.

I suspect they'll be much more pleasant to play, now that tech teams are gone, resource output can be aided by research and allied help can be more relevant with production licensing.

*subscribed*

A RENSSLAER HOI3 AAR! Count me in! (Could you get round to updating Sforza at some point? :p)

I'm not sure if you're aware of it but from the 32 referendum, onward the person which ran Portugal's destiny's wasn't the President of the Republic (Head of State) but the "President of the Council" (Head of Government) António Oliveira Salazar.

I'll be looking forward to this, as a fellow Portuguese! :)

oooh nice. this will be interesting, a good read and very instructive! subscribed!

Love the idea! When (if) I get this game I plan on doing something similar with Ireland. Let's hope Portugal can win because if not what chance does a fascist emerald isle have?

I've meant to do feedback on all this, but I've been pulled off into continuing projects for HOI 3 release and haven't been able to spare the time.

Thanks to all the Portuguese folks who are stopping by! Wow! :D

I apologize for any errors in Portuguese language, etc. Umm.... I think I knew that Salazar was the guy who ran things, and not Carmona, but I keep getting them confused... and I think I was writing without notes. So -- I'll fix that when I get a chance.

Update in a few days, feedback hopefully soon.

Thanks to all my old friends who are back, too!

Rensslaer

... I also have some worry I might get laid off from my other job today (i.e. NOT Paradox), so I have other things on my mind, too! :D

I think I'll either get laid off, or get a raise. Not sure which. Interesting times.

Renss

Nice to see an AAR based around a non-power that a lot of people will probably ignore written so early after HOI III's release. It looks good so far, i'll be following this.

To Gibraltar!, then Pretoria!, then Madagascar and after that, Brasillia! don't let the fact it won't be built for another 20 years stop the mighty Portuguese. :)

I think I'll either get laid off, or get a raise. Not sure which. Interesting times.
:eek:

Talk about some wide-varying possibilities... I hope for you it's the latter!

Hadn't found the time to keep up with your other AAR's, but I will try to do my best with this one.

Very glad to finally get in as one of your AARs in beginning, Rennslaer! I'll be watching.

A Portugal AAR, nice.

I have some doubts on how successful can you be in this game (sorry :p). The British navy is vastly superior to your own. And when the US enters the war you shouldn't have a chance...

Having said so, I look forward to watching you prove me wrong :)

What areas of expansion are you looking at? Taking all Africa from the UK? Low infra provinces everywhere...

But please, do avenge Portugal of the humilliation from the Ultimatum Pink Map ;)

Agree avenge Portugal and our people march against the britons! And reconquer our rebellious serfs in Brazil and Asia. Portugal do minho a timor! :cool: