• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The Inca empire is nearing my home in Sault [Ste. Marie, Ontario]!

We are! That'll be two wars if I remember the straits correctly.

Let Portugal try to expand into the wasteland of, uh, Saskatchewan.

Haha, I always get a laugh out of the Canadian wastelands. I'd imagine the Québécois are particularly proud of their wasteland. :D

Excellent progress but a slightly disappointing attitude towards rebel bashing ;)

Any idea how many provinces you need to colonise to seal the West Coast?

To be honest, no. I haven't paid that much attention to the West Coast yet due to the Europeans obviously having a harder time colonizing there.

Heh, you did cross my mind at one point. ;) I'm sure you grew to be very familiar with the "unpause, advance one day, pause, sort through and react to half a dozen pop-ups, repeat" gameplay I described earlier. Except half a dozen might have to be replaced with a bigger figure...

Been catching up with this since the thread got bumped - good effort all round :)

Spain next?

Thanks and welcome! Good job catching up, the thread's getting a bit long. :)

Yeah Spain most likely, that's the plan anyway.

I can see that the Spanish 13 colonies are the next on the menu.

That would be the obvious approach, and what I'd ordinarily do. However, I'll have to take their Caribbean possessions at some point and this might be as good a time as any. My WE is exceptionally high, close to double digits, and the ADM 3 Sapa Inca means that it decreases slowly. If I want to take a short break from warfare to correct that, I'll want plenty of infamy to burn.

It remains to be seen what I'll do though.

Yes, the caribbean definitely need some sapa inca love.
Isn't that a tad harder to take though, without the Colonialism casus belli?

Yeah, but Imperialism isn't that bad. :) Like I said to Zzzzz..., the Caribbean might very well be next on the menu.

(note also that the letters are getting pretty huge)...

Always the clear sign of a prospering nation! Everything seems to be going very well apart from embarrassingly uneventful natural disasters and rebellions. Good to see a further strengthening of Inca's control over America.

Just caught up with this AAR! That's a lot of rebels there, but you are doing great anyway! Out of curiousity, how well does MEIOU run on your computer? I could imagine playing this would be pretty painful if it was very slow! Great AAR! Keep it up! :D

I think I picked an excellent time to start reading this AAR. ;) Nice job.

Two quick suggestions, if you will indulge me: Update the Table of Contents (it's only on Chapter 58) and may I have some pie? :D

Yeah Spain most likely, that's the plan anyway.

You definitely need to take Trinidad off them. Far to close to mainland South America for comfort.

I am under the impression that reading your Brunswick AAR before this one might be considered the ''wrong order'', thats what I did however :D!
And I must say, this stuff is really cool. That's some powerful Incans you've made yourself. This mod looks pretty interesting too, the map is kinda confusing though! Nice job!

Update is mostly ready, so expect to see it posted some time this weekend.

Who is the colonizer in Australia?

Korea.

Always the clear sign of a prospering nation! Everything seems to be going very well apart from embarrassingly uneventful natural disasters and rebellions. Good to see a further strengthening of Inca's control over America.

Here's hoping that the disasters get their act together. They're an integral part of this AAR after all. ;)

Keeeel! Keeel! Keeeeeel!

Will do!

You must expel white men out of America!

Nah - we discriminate based on nationality, not race. :D

The preferred method is by loading them into cannons and firing them into the sea.

That would work. There's a nice sense of "go back to where you came from!" in that solution. Granted, returning without ships might be problematic but, well, tough.

Just caught up with this AAR! That's a lot of rebels there, but you are doing great anyway! Out of curiousity, how well does MEIOU run on your computer? I could imagine playing this would be pretty painful if it was very slow! Great AAR! Keep it up! :D

Thanks a lot, good to have you here! :) It is relatively slow, especially compared to the very quick vanilla I'm used to, but I wouldn't call it painful most of the time. It was a bit annoying when I was just sitting around waiting for inheritances (though good books helped :p), but there's been so much going on lately that I spend most of my playing time on pause anyway. I'm not a very fast player even when game speed isn't an issue.

I think I picked an excellent time to start reading this AAR. ;) Nice job.

Two quick suggestions, if you will indulge me: Update the Table of Contents (it's only on Chapter 58) and may I have some pie? :D

Thanks and welcome! :) Good timing indeed as there shouldn't be huge waits for updates any time soon.

Yeah I tend to update the TOC a few chapters at a time, but I guess not updating it in half a year is a bit much. :D I'll get right to it. Pie will be added to the update. ;)

You definitely need to take Trinidad off them. Far to close to mainland South America for comfort.

I agree. It doesn't look good on the map.

I am under the impression that reading your Brunswick AAR before this one might be considered the ''wrong order'', thats what I did however :D!
And I must say, this stuff is really cool. That's some powerful Incans you've made yourself. This mod looks pretty interesting too, the map is kinda confusing though! Nice job!

Thanks and nice to have you here as well! Of course, this AAR is the older and more successful (as far as size of audience or "publicity" goes) one so most people would have read this first, but I don't think there's necessarily a right order or a wrong order. :D

MEIOU is a very good mod, sadly this version is from July 2010 so it's starting to be a bit old for any showcasing purposes by now. One of the main advantages in my opinion is that you can play just about anywhere in the world and get a very interesting game, while vanilla has many regions where there just isn't that much going on (other than what the human player does, of course).

I like the sea-horse shape of Inca control in North America. Too bad the game play is getting less fun, the AAR is still fascinating.

Heh, it does look like a seahorse. I never noticed that.

Don't get me wrong, it's still fun and exciting when the rebels are under control, which is easily most of the time. And I guess I can only blame myself for the rebels as I expand way, way, way faster than I can convert provinces to Inti. If I didn't, there would be no such rebel trouble. But on the other hand, where's the fun in waiting for those conversions? ;)

Chapter Sixty-two
1672-1677

As the war is finished, we get Land tech 39 with its variety of goodies:

65_01.jpg

We're still rolling with New World cavalry, but Caroline Infantry is a slight upgrade over the Grenzers we had. I also make the artillery switch to Coehorn Mortars that I delayed earlier.

Colonists are sent to all of our new colonies to culture and religion flip them. Fortunately we can reach all of them via the provinces we took in the peace deal. It still takes a while to get everything done as my colonization chances aren't anything to write home about due to the ADM 3 Sapa Inca.

Smallpox hits Natchez on September 11th, bombing the 3000 people province into a colony of 300 inhabitants. For some reason all kinds of conspiracy theories arise, claiming that the Inca government was behind the deaths. The Sapa Inca ignores these claims, reiterates his plans to continue beating up the disease carrying foreigners and institutes draconian and intrusive security measures for transatlantic travel.

65_02.jpg

The disaster actually isn't all bad in this case, as I can now flip the province to Quechua and Inti.

Bah-kho-je starts producing cotton and we reach Trade tech 34 in October, upgrading us from Settler Colonisation to Colonial Expansionism. The amount of colonists stays the same, but we get better colonial growth and tariffs.

65_03.jpg

Arapaho gets fur as its resource, and we get a producer bonus for it in December.

65_04.jpg

Spain is weakened further in January 1673 as Granada wins its war, taking a province and forcing the release of Galicia.

65_05.jpg

Kanamari gets 1 base tax via colonial policy in April. Meanwhile, the colonist in Absoraka succeeds, meaning that we've flipped the four colonies seized in the latest war.

Maue cores in May, and we get Trade tech 35.

The British Isles get some changes in the early year. Geneve annexes Northumberland, while England finally loses one of their provinces as Scotland conquers Ellan Vannin.

65_06.jpg

We reach Production tech 36 in August. The next month, Mdewakantan grows into a city.

In December Paha Sapa starts producing tobacco while Meztitlan cores. It makes me think - it's pretty funny that 50 years ago, we were still in the process of conquering Mesoamerica from the other natives.

By April 1674 we've discovered every province west of the other powers in North America and I was right: it's all wasteland there, no-one can expand anymore from that side! The conquistador is called home; while there's still TI left, there's nothing critical so I'd rather get some WE reduction than hurry some unnecessary (for now) exploration.

In May we get plenty of naval tradition via an event, Naval re-fit. We get the fifteen year option.

65_07.jpg

We also get maize as Kitkehahki's resource.

Production tech level 37 is discovered in July. We're now ahead of time in every category except trade. The Inca Empire is starting to look like a modern nation.

Trade tech advances to level 36 in the beginning of September, while on the 17th the Spanish truce is over. War is declared immediately. This time, the Imperialism CB is used as my goal is to take their Caribbean holdings.

65_08.jpg

All of their allies join in, the DotF does not. Spain has one 10k stack that I can see, but it seems content to sit on the east coast. Other nearby armies are tiny.

The war isn't particularly eventful. There's very little resistance as I push east in the US area and land troops on the islands. I siege a bit more and assault a bit less than in recent wars as I don't think I'm in any hurry and I'd rather keep WE down. It's telling that I actually manage to reduce it for most of the conflict despite having just .04 reduction per month.

Satere cores, and a bit later Xilotepec and Tlacopan follow suit. All of the land I've taken from fellow native Americans is now cored. You can clearly see Axocopan, the Mesoamerican province that was natural disaster bombed to death at one point, uncored in the middle, but it too cores about half a year later.

65_09.jpg

While slowly taking provinces and starting new sieges, provinces that neighbor us in the northwest are being discovered. However, the next colonization priority has to be pushing up the west coast starting in Mexico.

Colonial policy gives 1 base tax to Nac-Poruk in December, while Paha Sapa grows into a city in May 1675, the first of the most recently seized colonies to do so. Meanwhile, Spain is starting to beg for peace - as if. White peace is signed with Norway though.

All of the TI in Spanish territory is finally gone in July as we march into Esaw. Knowing all the land should make any future wars much quicker and less costly. After that province is quickly assaulted, all of my men are sent home. I'm not taking land in this region this time, so there's no use taking the WE to occupy more of it.

65_10.jpg

Malouines (Falklands) grows into a city in August. This is definitely a good thing for safety reasons.

Late in the month Aragon makes a serious mistake.

65_11.jpg

Yeah, losing four galleys isn't such a loss in itself, but the Aragonese just sailed to America to fight the Inca, and even blockaded one of our ports for a while. With that, they earned a place on the list of nations due for revenge. Smart choice guys, you had so much to win there.

They ask for a white peace later in the month. Granted... for now.

Kitkehahki grows into a city, while Maku gets 1 base tax via colonial policy in October.

As 1676 rolls around I start the newest colonization project, sending a colonist to Haiki on the Pacific coast. It's not the most logical place to settle, but the provinces south of it need some native slaughtering first.

65_12.jpg

Arapaho reaches city status, followed by Absoraka in February. The Portuguese conquests are all full cities now.

It's also around this time that I start shipping assault stacks to some of the remaining islands. There are only four that haven't fallen and only one of those has a siege that's close to finishing, so I'm not going to wait for the other three.

We get a rare conversion as Solano embraces Inti. I decide it's time to get aggressive in this regard - religious building construction/upgrade for missionary chance is started in all Catholic provinces where it's possible, using more than ten thousand ducats for the purpose. I'll look into getting missionaries again soon.

Moxos cores in May, while the Spanish 10k stack finally wakes up, starting the march towards occupied territory. I station an army nearby. However, plans in the area change with another Catholic Uprising.

65_13.jpg

Ehh... Thankfully my WE is lower than last time so there shouldn't be too many other rebels. I guess this at least proves that the expensive conversion chance campaign was a good idea.

Galapagos then grows into a city. Both of the South American islands we've colonized are now safe!

Kitkehahki starts producing tobacco in June, while a white peace offer from Geneve is accepted the next month. Good job guys, they had enough of a navy to try something stupid like Aragon did, but they never showed up.

The Spanish army starts a siege in August. We're still relatively far away as our army was distracted by rebels.

65_14.jpg

Naval tech 38 is reached in September, enabling Twodeckers. There won't be a new big ship type in a long time, so I intend to build a lot of these some time soon.

Unsurprisingly, the Spanish are defeated in October. The cavalry casualties are a bit funny.

65_15.jpg

We start chasing, while a couple of days later the Inca Empire is rebel free. Apinaye then gets sugar as its resource.

By December, it's down to one target province still standing as the assault troops I sent to Lucayas (Bahamas) failed and everyone died despite having the same numbers and fort level that my successful assaults had. It's a bit annoying but I have no choice but to start another shipping operation, moving those empty infantry stacks out and bringing replacements in.

Natchez grows back into a city in January 1677. And a correct culture, correct religion one at that!

Late in the month the Spanish army is eliminated. Then in February, Matagalpa gets +1 tax via colonial policy and Haiki starts producing fish. In April, we finally know all of our neighbor provinces.

65_16.jpg

Soon after, our new assault stacks arrive at Lucayas and the province is successfully taken. Time for peace!

65_17.jpg

Our infamy had reached zero about a year ago - something I try to avoid but this war was longer than most of these Iberian conflicts - so I'm now at 30/31. Some of that should eventually be lost via the familiar heathen event, but I should still have plenty to burn now while doing some more peaceful stuff in order to finally get rid of the WE.

Basically, all of Spain's nearby islands are now ours. As a bonus, we can now start Colonialism CB expansion on Hispaniola whenever we fight the Portuguese the next time.

65_18.jpg

In a shocking change of pace, the island in pink is the one we DIDN'T take here.

And now, as promised, pie!

65_19.jpg

The core/non-core ratio is relatively ugly (or pretty, whatever you prefer). While we originally got that overextension modifier due to the ADM 3 Sapa Inca, it won't be going away any time soon.

No surprises in the Cultures section, while the amount of Catholics is getting out of hand. I'll certainly have to take action.

Production chart looks very nice. You know your economy won't be doing too badly when over half of the production consists of the profitable sugar, cacao and tobacco. And cotton is high enough as well.

Looking at the map, I have to admit I like the look of that Caribbean considerably more without the yellow.

65_20.jpg

Is Overextension any different in MEIOU than it was in vanilla?

Darn that pesky smallpox. How...unfortunate.