Ad Astra! ... an Aurora Forum Game, run by blue emu

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm gonna spend quite some time there, diggin stuff up. This truly is my moment to shine. And if this continues the Engineers are going to be the most battle hardened vets of the entire military. I suppose I'll be commaning the engineers in place due to my new and shiny combat bonus?

You'll probably be there until you die of old age... it takes a LONG time to dig up 1700+ installations. Imagine how experienced everybody on that planet is going to be in another twenty years...

what does this factory do and does technology come into play for it?

Construction factories are used to build things... things like mines, shipyards, infrastructure, more factories and so on. I've already got 770 of them on Earth, so finding one more is not really a big deal.

I'd like to find a tech, or a research lab, or some advanced ship components... or even some minerals.

ESN Newton just found a star system with five habitable or semi-habitable planets... what are the odds that it's full of Prix?

EDIT:

Found another automated mine. The first three ships of the new scout class are finished... I can start breaking up the old ones for minerals.

Last edited:
You'll probably be there until you die of old age... it takes a LONG time to dig up 1700+ installations. Imagine how experienced everybody on that planet is going to be in another twenty years...

Construction factories are used to build things... things like mines, shipyards, infrastructure, more factories and so on. I've already got 770 of them on Earth, so finding one more is not really a big deal.

I'd like to find a tech, or a research lab, or some advanced ship components... or even some minerals.

Cool, I'll be put to efficient use leading diggsites and battling huge killer robots. Sounds like a fairy tale ending.

But at this speed, wouldn't we expect to dig up say about 500 factories more. THat would almost double our industrial output. Sure that has to be a huge deal in the long run. It means twice the amount of automated mines, and then twice the amont of shipyards, pre-assembly etc.
How long does it take to recover one dig site in average? Since we are going to explore different Prix systems in due time it might be nice to expand those under my command so that we have more experienced troopers and engineers. Experienced battle squads, hardened in live fire, but under controlled circumstances has to be a huge boni later on when/if we start doing real invasions.

I'm not sure whether multiple Engineer units dig faster than one... I think I'll build a bunch more and put them on El Dorado, to see if the dig goes any faster. Right now, I'm recovering one site every month or two. More troops would help, too... not that we need more to hold the place against robot attacks, but it might mean more units getting combat experience.

I'm not sure whether multiple Engineer units dig faster than one... I think I'll build a bunch more and put them on El Dorado, to see if the dig goes any faster. Right now, I'm recovering one site every month or two. More troops would help, too... not that we need more to hold the place against robot attacks, but it might mean more units getting combat experience.

:eek: Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't this mean it will take us almost 150 years to go through all the vaults? Even Quift's grandchildren will work their entire lives on this one...

:eek: Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't this mean it will take us almost 150 years to go through all the vaults? Even Quift's grandchildren will work their entire lives on this one...

It's a long-term project, agreed. On the plus side, we'll be getting goodies (and maybe even some techs) for a long time to come. Perhaps a huge stack of Engineers will speed it up a bit.

Joeb tapped his foot against the monitor as he leaned back in his chair. He had heard all the glorious news about the destruction of the Prix in Wolf 294. With the news of the archeological sites on El Dorado, the mood of the growing empire was one of excitement.

And here he was, flying around on the fringes of known space, no glory for him or his ship. God what a boring assignment!

Joeb tapped his foot against the monitor as he leaned back in his chair. He had heard all the glorious news about the destruction of the Prix in Wolf 294. With the news of the archeological sites on El Dorado, the mood of the growing empire was one of excitement.

And here he was, flying around on the fringes of known space, no glory for him or his ship. God what a boring assignment!

Well now you've gone and done it. I'd expect to get bushwhacked by Prix in the next system you jump into now... :D

It's a long-term project, agreed. On the plus side, we'll be getting goodies (and maybe even some techs) for a long time to come. Perhaps a huge stack of Engineers will speed it up a bit.

I'd recommend speeding the process up as much as possible. We might not find such a massive cache of treasures in the future, but with other Prix worlds out there, we are bound to run into worlds with a lot of goodies. The moment is upon us, we should seize it!

el-dorado.jpg

We need to stablish a metropolis in El Dorado. There are big chances of gifts of Kruger's people.

I'd recommend speeding the process up as much as possible. We might not find such a massive cache of treasures in the future, but with other Prix worlds out there, we are bound to run into worlds with a lot of goodies. The moment is upon us, we should seize it!

you seize the moment, I'll seize the goodies!

Seems El Dorado isn't the best place for a colony, with all the goodies we discovered getting sent to the mother world. I guess it is destined to become an agricultural world with metal monstrosities patrolling the countryside.

I'd wait till after we've cleared the planet of giant killer mecha before we attempt to colonize.

Think the colonization is already proceeding, if I read the first battle report correctly, we lost 50 000 colonists?

Is it possible with a PDC that protects against bomardment from teh bots.

Often, Precursor-defended worlds are at 2.0 cost, or less. I think Blue Emu mentioned this was a Mars-like world, or slightly better maybe.

Duh, good catch. I didn't notice the Population loss: 0.05m... :/

Journal of Julius Strange, explorer of El Dorado

Well **** me silly! This planet was clearly the capital of a galaxy spanning civilisation. Almost 1500 buildings industrial commercial and civil for us to analyse. Truly incredible. I wonder whether this puts me up for a medal or two, or at least President of the Earth Society for Xenology. I am still stunned by the scale of our discoveries here. Truly stunned.