Ad Astra! ... an Aurora Forum Game, run by blue emu

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The Space Marines are just the first wave, to drop from orbit, establish a beach-head, and directly assault the PDCs. Marines are quadrupled (?) against PDCs. The follow-up waves will be Heavy Assault Troops (Armor), Assault Infantry, Mobile Infantry and (after the battle is over) Garrison Troops.

I will transfer you guys when I get a chance... no hurry. The operation cannot be launched for more than a year.

We have plenty of time to shuffle our troops around and prepare for the operation. Don't sweat it.

Much appreciated :D

If we bombard the planet to oblivion without scanning the terrain, do we risk losing precious loot ?

Not AFAIK, but it might make the surface of the planet a less attractive vacation-spot. Radiation, nuclear winter... that sort of thing.

And here is a Fleet Supply Vessel. Fleet speed. Magazine space of 1449, carrying enough additional 8c rounds to bring our bombardment ship up to eight full salvos of 12 missiles, plus an extra 210 4c rounds for the fleet and 257 extra PD rounds. It has armor, shields, and nine PD launchers (under three FCs). Can jump with any vessel except a Destroyer.

Cornucopia class Fleet Support Vessel 12,000 tons 864 Crew 1831 BP TCS 240 TH 480 EM 360
4000 km/s Armour 3-46 Shields 12-300 Sensors 1/1/0/0 Damage Control Rating 10 PPV 9
Annual Failure Rate: 115% IFR: 1.6% Maint Capacity 954 MSP Max Repair 108 MSP Est Time: 3.42 Years
Magazine 1449

Ion Engine E7 (16) Power 60 Fuel Use 70% Signature 30 Armour 0 Exp 5%
Fuel Capacity 300,000 Litres Range 64.3 billion km (186 days at full power)
Gamma R300/16 Shields (6) Total Fuel Cost 96 Litres per day

Size 1 Missile Launcher (9) Missile Size 1 Rate of Fire 10
Missile Fire Control FC6-R1 (3) Range 6.5m km Resolution 1
Size 4c Anti-ship Missile (210) Speed: 25,500 km/s End: 11m Range: 16.9m km WH: 5 Size: 4 TH: 187 / 112 / 56
Size 1c Anti-missile Missile (257) Speed: 34,200 km/s End: 3.3m Range: 6.7m km WH: 1 Size: 1 TH: 228 / 136 / 68
Size 8c Anti-ship Missile (44) Speed: 24,000 km/s End: 34.2m Range: 49.2m km WH: 9 Size: 8 TH: 144 / 86 / 43

Active Search Sensor MR6-R1 (1) GPS 108 Range 6.5m km Resolution 1

Missile to hit chances are vs targets moving at 3000 km/s, 5000 km/s and 10,000 km/s

This design is classed as a Military Vessel for maintenance purposes

Last edited:
Request that the next Battle Heavy Cruiser be named Wolf 294

Commander Count Lake II has been assigned to the Astronomer class Grav Survey ship ESN Wilhelm Beer, currently under overhaul at Earth.

Commander SteveW has been assigned to the Astronomer class Grav Survey ship ESN Newton, currently searching the Tau Ceti system.

Commander Count Lake II has been assigned to the Astronomer class Grav Survey ship ESN Wilhelm Beer, currently under overhaul at Earth.

Commander SteveW has been assigned to the Astronomer class Grav Survey ship ESN Newton, currently searching the Tau Ceti system.

Many thanks! I hope to have good news to report as soon as I get into the field!

It looks like we're rebuilding about one Fighter per week. So the squadrons will be back up to full strength in less than a year. The Prix cannot make the same claim... they don't rebuild lost ships.

EDIT:

Commander Chaos in ESN Ptolomy has discovered the new system of Lutyens 302-89. No habitable planets.

I am the blue feathery god of Capitalism!

G_221_BlueEmu.jpg

EDIT:

Orbital Fuel Stations 7 and 8 have been completed, and Commander CatKnight and his squadron of Tugs have taken them in tow, headed for Uranus and its rich deposits of Sorium. The two Commercial slips will be left empty for the moment, in order to ready them for the repairs that the two Rocks will require to their sixteen layers of armor.

EDIT:

ESN Avernum (under an NPC) has discovered the new star system of 40 Eridani, with three habitable planets, including two as good as Mars.

Last edited:
I am the feathery god of Capitalism!

Good news !
An huge bonus indeed, this should help the economy quite a bit. BTW what's your position in game, Planetary or Sector Governor ?

Also I like those two designs of yours, the Bombardment Cruiser is well balanced and will make a very good base for further upgrades,( once new techs will make it obsolete I means ).

Maybe you could look for an upgrade to yours Size 4c Anti-ship Missile , which are the backbone of your alpha-strike, reducing WH 5 to 4 you will not lose to much Domage-done, trying then to increase the range further as much as you can and more important designing new FC for yours Alpha-strike ships with the same philosophy of Culverin class ie over-ranged to counter enemy ECM.

Regards

March 7th, 2035. The Combined Fleet has returned triumphantly to Earth.

... the crowd goes wild!

ESN Agincourt enters dry-dock to have her armor repaired, and while we're at it, we might as well swap out that stupid 15 m-km missile fire control for the 21 m-km version that all of our other Cruisers carry.

My bonus went up from 40% to 45%... so it's only a +5% increment. Still, on a budget of $46,000 bucks or so, +5% is nothing to sneeze at.

I decided to stay on as Planetary governor, since the sector governor only applies one-quarter of his bonus to each planet, and Earth represents about 95% of our income.

Good news !
An huge bonus indeed, this should help the economy quite a bit. BTW what's your position in game, Planetary or Sector Governor ?

Also I like those two designs of yours, the Bombardment Cruiser is well balanced and will make a very good base for further upgrades,( once new techs will make it obsolete I means ).

Maybe you could look for an upgrade to yours Size 4c Anti-ship Missile , which are the backbone of your alpha-strike, reducing WH 5 to 4 you will not lose to much Domage-done, trying then to increase the range further as much as you can and more important designing new FC for yours Alpha-strike ships with the same philosophy of Culverin class ie over-ranged to counter enemy ECM.

Regards

All good points... but it would likely take several years to do all the upgrades to the fleet (we would have to wait for free slipways for each ship), and in the meantime, someone else might come along and strip those wrecks. I think we'll have to take the remaining Prix ships on with what we've already got, plus whatever we can build while repairing and replenishing our strike force.

Last edited:
Yes you are right, better to capitalize on your victory now.

Salvaging those wrecks could really improve your techs ( the Prix ships at least) then time for upgrading or designing a new fleet based on them.

Income up to $50 per day, with over $37,500 in the bank. The financial crisis is now just a bad memory. Soon we will be able to afford more research labs.

Relations with the Charlies now over +1617. Relations with the Nicaraguan Space-Salami-Seals over +479. Relations with the Chix over +83.

I have decided to postpone any ambitious plans for galactic conquest, on a number of grounds:

1) It is not strategically prudent to make new enemies before you've crushed your current enemies, and the Prix (with their huge edge in Tech) are quite enough to deal with.

2) We might obtain more Tech advance by making friends with the Charlies, Seal and Chix than by blowing up their ships and examining the bits.

3) A galactic federation... with Humans in the dominant position, of course... might suit our future plans for defense and expansion better than a rebellious conquered empire.

Discuss.

sbr said:
Did the fighters leave wrecks?

Yes.