• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I was curious about a mechanic of gameplay. We know that we can not play as only a baron level player, what happens if we are a count and lose that title in a war and still retain a barony, does this mean game over?

Provinces in Poland fixed - great! There are still some weird bits, like southern Pomerania belonging to Brandenburg province (which would make more sense in EU3 period), or Silesia and Lubusz being too far from Oder river, but overall - good improvement. :)

Fixed? Almost every Polish province is misplaced, badly shaped or improperly named. It looks the same as a month or two ago. But it will be quite easy to redraw the whole thing and mod.
Fortunately, basic game mechanics look very well crafted and characters are so lively! This is also absolutely the best looking PI title so far :) Just put there more events!

Last edited:
Fixed? Almost every Polish province is misplaced, badly shaped or improperly named. It looks the same as a month or two ago. But it will be quite easy to redraw the whole thing and mod.
Fortunately, basic game mechanics look very well crafted and characters are so lively! This is also absolutely the best looking PI title so far :) Just put there more events!

Nope, they were changed. Compare this:

3-43.jpg

to this:

2-44.jpg

1-47.jpg

Of course there's still weird stuff going on, like Brandenburg bit east of Oder, which I guess was made like that to simulate Neumark together with Lubusz province with start dates after 1250. Not sure about this design decision, since most players would start in 1066 anyway, and borders from later centuries look just odd in 11th century. I also guess that they will rework rivers, because shape of Oder and Vistula is spoiling otherwise good effect of these reworked provinces. Plus - weird inconsistency when it comes to names (Slupsk in Polish (even though Pomerania became part of HRE in 12th century), but Danzig in German (even though until early 14th century it was either Polish or Slavic/Kashubian) :confused:).

Last edited:
Love the wikipedia links: will that minimize and automatically load the browser or have you incorporated a wiki browser into the game much like shogun total war does with their game manual?

Also, loving the added detail on battles...

Oh and ambitions too. Can't wait for this game!

Noticed that both HRE and Byzantium were blacked out in kingdom view. Does this mean that those areas will be divided into a number of formable kingdoms unlike the original CK?

Plus - weird inconsistency when it comes to names (Slupsk in Polish (even though Pomerania became part of HRE in 12th century), but Danzig in German (even though until early 14th century it was either Polish or Slavic/Kashubian) :confused:).

Though I would happily prefer Gdansk to Danzig, I think it's a familiarity thing, and also continuity from CK.

Noticed that both HRE and Byzantium were blacked out in kingdom view. Does this mean that those areas will be divided into a number of formable kingdoms unlike the original CK?

Yes, but they are blacked out as they are ruled by Emperors and not Kings. King mapmode should probably show kings and higher though :)

I believe the developers choose to not have PERFECT borders as the borders were always so messy in that time.

Well, work put into redrawing England, France, and Poland so far suggests that they're aiming for accurate borders instead of abstract ones from CK1. With a little bit of polish (like redrawing rivers to fit reworked provinces), CK2 would look a lot like a historical atlas, which is great IMO.

If you include emperors in the king view, how will you select a kingdom that's vassalised to an emperor?

When you select a realm it also gives you a list of all their direct vassals, these are clickable in case you want to play as one of them.