• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
OMG, have only "just" learned to play after a month of non-stop gaming.

There's nothing easy about this game, so how bout a name change for levels from:
Very Easy, Easy, Normal, Hard, Very Hard
to:
Normal, Hard, Very Hard, Extremely Hard, Impossibly Hard:eek:

Revolt risk more tied to opinion rather than distance/other revolters. (Not remove distance/revolt penalty but fold it into opinion. I.e. you're at +175 with 85% revolt risk maybe it drops to 85 liking)
Conqueror opinion (neighbors like you less and team up if you repeatedly take stuff from them.)
"stop him before we all die!" plots. (multiple rulers around you group up to try to depose you cuz you're a psycho conqueror) could even tie in a gavelkind split where they force your realm into parts and you have to fight to put it back together. Maybe even a chance that dad comes back for power when you take over as son! Fun :)

Elections under feudal elective succession that are a bit less like slot machines. At the very least, show me the reasoning behind electors' votes!

England to have feudal elective succession under Harold and gavelkind under William.

Warrior cults un-nerfed and pagans buffed in general. Christians shouldn't rule the entire Baltic by 1150!

Not sure if someone mentioned this already, but here I go:

In the character browser, a dropdown menu to filter for traits would be nice, makes finding the geniuses easier.

Also, additionally to or instead of the adult yes/no filter, something like a maximum age.

This two features would make finding suitable spouses a lot easier.

I guess the hardest part about this is not cluttering the interface too much.

I would like to see a better way to show if a woman is pregnant. As it is now, it is considered as a trait. When someone has many traits, it can be difficult, at first, to recognize it. I liked how originak CK dealt with that by adding a stork/cigogne near the wife portrait.

Also, the buildings upgrade window in each holdingis pretty dull. A little eye candy would not have been bad there.

Also, it should be way more costly to assasinate someone. Assasination should be an extraordinary action, not a conventional one.

About imprisoning members of your direct family (mother/father - if it applies - brothers, sisters, sons, daughters, uncles and aunts), the game should distinct those of the others in the court or the realm. Or in the case of a king prisoner of another king. For instance, when Jean II was captured at Poitiers in 1356, he was not put in a dark and dirty prison. It was rather a prison courtoise.

England to have feudal elective succession under Harold and gavelkind under William.
I started a thread in the bug forum requesting this. There was quite a lot of debate about it there, so perhaps you'd like read the thread and contribute?

You know, why isn't "control all of duchy X" or "control all of kingdom X" an ambition? They seem like they would make good ones. On the same not, plots to acquire certain territories would be a nice addition.

A Byzantine-specific succession law. One that allows for more intrigue and dynasty-shifting and less Dukas-still-sitting-on-the-throne-in-1453.

Oh, and if the Papacy wins lands in a crusade they should distribute said lands to pious rulers.

Again More Cultural Buildings! Welsh without Longbows! Poles,Hungarians, and Croats without extra light Cavalry.Blasphemy! Irish with extra light infantry. Scandanavians and Saxons with extra Heavy Infantry (Houscarls) Yes! Not sure about Dutch and Bohemians maybe someone can come up with ideas.

Make only infantry in stacks count for seiges. (i'm looking at you Mongols)

Diplomatic Decisions to grant independence to vassals, Transfers vassals to other powers, and abolish titles. All with penalties to players.

Independence grant to vassal: Minus to prestige equal to prestige gained by creation of title.
Transfer of vassals to other power: minus to prestige equal to 200% of prestige gained creating title. -20 malus with other vassals for life.
Abolish Title:minus to prestige equal to creation and minus 50% of money cost of creation. -10 malus with vassals for life.

Increase "same dynasty" opinion bonus. +5 is insignificant, if you're going to give opinion bonus for belonging to the same dynasty, and if expanding your dynasty is the ultimate goal, make it meaningful.

Better title-management of the ai!

Stop the HRE to "steal" my counts by giving the count of tirol the dukedom of pommerania and making him a direct vassal of the emperor. He should at least remain a vassal of me as the king of Bavaria.

Why does the ai not give the duke titles to people who own land in the dukedom?

My top-wish for 1.06 (or a mod)?

A better model for the HRE title!

In the 1066-1453 timeframe, it was not the HRE who was elected. No, it was the German King who was elected. Who then (often only years after becoming the German king) trekked down to Italy, asserted his authority there (more or less), usually got crowned King of Italy and then made sure he got crowned emperor by the Pope in Rome.

Crowned by the Pople in Rome. That's the true condition required in this period. In the period from 800 to 962 plenty of emperors weren't Kings of Germany (or East Francia). Just because it became the norm after 962 didn't mean this had to be the case. A powerful monarch, like say a strong French or Italian king, might have wrested away the imperial crown. Some aspired to that, also after 962.

So please, don't associate the imperial crown automatically with the Kingdom of Germany (as was the practice in the early-modern era). Get rid of this anachronism and separate the elective office of German king from the HRE title. Make sure those German kings have to WORK for the imperial crown. As they very much had to! And allow a strong rivalling monarch to get the imperial crown without having to be the King of Germany!

Does any mod out there already get this right? I really have a feeling that Paradox having first done an early-modern game, Europa Universalis, has made them transfer an early-modern model of the HRE to the Middle Ages.

My understanding is that 1.05 gives the greatest contributor to a crusade all the territorial gains (how was it before?).

Well, that doesn't seem fair or do justice to the way the crusaders divided up the territorial spoils after the 1st Crusade.

So how about dividing up the conquered territories in a gavelkind type of fashion, with warscore determining who gets the first, second, third etc prizes? One's share getting smaller and smaller. And how about an option to opt out of this territorial division and get more piety because of doing so?

What ilike to seen in 1.06 i playable pagan tribe called amazons allso i want the wives and cancellors off the counts en kings much more involved because lot of te deedd those men did in that time was from advice of some1else

Other ideas I liked reading this thread:

PAPACY

Expand the role and mechanics of the Papacy
- a college of cardinals, preference of membership given to prince bishops
- successors drawn from existing cardinals, prince bishops, or bishops, weighting to consider rank, traits, and piety in roughly that order

VASSAL LEVIES

When my liege calls me to war, I'd like some kind of pop-up asking me who I want leading these forces. It's irritating that half my courtiers, all of my land-holding vassals, and my own character dissapear when France declares the millionth holy war against Beja. It certainly wasn't uncommon for an old, sick, craven, or even just disinterested lord to send a son in place of himself to lead his levies. I think this option would bring a lot to the game - for example the likelihood that an AI character will personally lead his levies for you would be determined by how much he likes you and what he might have to gain from the war personally. On that topic, I'd like to see the AI raising their own personal levies for their liege with very high relations and/or a good reason to join the war effort.