• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
WTF?

fc "ReadMe.29.04.2010.txt" "ReadMe.24.11.2010.txt" > dif.txt

- Implemented jdrou's latest fixpack (4)
- Fixed an infinite loop bug in the new country name code
- Fixed a crash bug with country names
- Fixed an issue which sometimes generated country names upside-down
- Fixed an issue when selecting scenarios which missed updating country names

+ Removed bad boy exploit when returning provinces in peace deals
+ Fixed colony construction crash bug
+ Fixed rebels annexing their own country infinite loop

That's all.

Which bug is that?
One of the bugs causing savegames to become corrupted; the corruption is fixed by removing all instances of colony_construction. According to the readme it is fixed (and one of the devs had posted several months ago that it was fixed 'for the next patch').

One of the bugs causing savegames to become corrupted; the corruption is fixed by removing all instances of colony_construction. According to the readme it is fixed (and one of the devs had posted several months ago that it was fixed 'for the next patch').

:eek:

I wonder if I still have that very old Spain game that become corrupted...

WTF?

That's all.
Don't just go by the readme. See the list of scripting changes I posted earlier in the thread. And it does still have the fixpack #4 even though it isn't in the readme.

The fix for this is posted as a sticky thread in the tech support forum. You can't see that forum until you register your EU3 or EU3 Complete through the 'My Games' link on the forum.

I can't as my games are registered to my old account, which I can't find. :p
Eu3 Com, HTTT, HOI3, Rome, and maybe one or two more are all there. :)

I can't as my games are registered to my old account, which I can't find. :p
Eu3 Com, HTTT, HOI3, Rome, and maybe one or two more are all there. :)
Email support@paradoxplaza.com with as much detail as you can re your old account. Having two accounts on these forums is not allowed.

Didn´t your fixpack go up to #6?

Would that mean that I do better with continuing playing beta 4.1b + fixpack #6?

I´m very happy about the patch being released at last... I´m just a little confused.
Fixpack #4 was included in both the 4/29 patch and the new patch. Fixpack #6 installs over the 4/29 patch and should work with the current patch just as well; current patch is definitely better than the 4/29.

Except this is not a beta patch (despite the 'b' in the version string).

Its not? Really? I haven't bothered to install it, since I figured it was, and just reinstalled the last beta patch last week (I hate having to go through and replace all those files, its just so tedious). So this is a legit patch that I won't have to do any work to install? Alright!

So this is a legit patch that I won't have to do any work to install? Alright!
No more work than the usual Paradox patch that is.:)
It is available through the launcher for GG buyers and through Steam for people who bought there so I would certainly expect it to go to VP for porting too.

No more work than the usual Paradox patch that is.:)
It is available through the launcher for GG buyers and through Steam for people who bought there so I would certainly expect it to go to VP for porting too.

Awesome. I gave up on VP a long time ago; I run windows for my EU games now (hence my disparaging of them). Still advisable to revert to the standard 4.0 before installing this new one, though, right?

Awesome. I gave up on VP a long time ago; I run windows for my EU games now (hence my disparaging of them). Still advisable to revert to the standard 4.0 before installing this new one, though, right?
It's always recommended but if you currently have the 4/29 patch installed and have the correct checksum (HYTM) there should be no problem installing the new patch over it.

Cool!

NEW CHECKSUM IS THIS:

BXPG

BXPG

BXPG

!!!

C'mon people. This has been asked an answered 5 times already.

I got a checksum of BXPG then I cleared my map cache and restarted the game twice I now get a checksum QDPN. Is this the checksum you should have when clearing the map cache. I did not purchase the game from Steam. Downloaded from Gamersgate.

I re cleared the map cache again this time the checksum went back to BXPG.

I found out what changes the checksum to QDPN. I changed the default date in the common/defines.txt to 2012 this makes the checksum change to QDPN. The default date 1821.1.1 will give a checksum BXPG.

Last edited:
Looks like mods that affect graphics files refuse to start. Anyone got any idea what new feature could cause this? Would save me a lot of time.

Looks like mods that affect graphics files refuse to start. Anyone got any idea what new feature could cause this? Would save me a lot of time.

Right now, i'm still stuck too. I've discarded the casus belli gfx hypothesis so far. Error logs are empty... it's really frustrating, especially as the Gamersgate download link states : "Patches Patch 4.1 (Yes, it's the same as 4.1b)"... and 4.1b would work just fine.

Right now, i'm still stuck too. I've discarded the casus belli gfx hypothesis so far. Error logs are empty... it's really frustrating, especially as the Gamersgate download link states : "Patches Patch 4.1 (Yes, it's the same as 4.1b)"... and 4.1b would work just fine.

Yep. All my logs (well, only the system_error) show is "could not find texture mod/The Dark Years/gfx/interface/httt_interface/casus_bellis/cb_crusader.dds" even though it is there. Other log files are empty with the exception of system.log, but it just creates useless data.

Freezing bug

First, thank you for the new patch, I hope the bug I experience can be corrected.

The game will freeze after a few months/years of playing. The effect seems to be quite random.

Edit: This bug wasn't there before the patch.