• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I can only see one provincer minor :)

Yeah, we just have really big provinces around here! :)

Volcano eruptions introduce the Incas to colonies. At that rate of growth the province will be a city in 64 years.

Yes. I calculated it too and chose to keep it going...

Central America appears to be in the final stages of consolidation. At which point do you cut your losses and stop trying for a PU? Thus far, it's a case of so near yet so far. Keep going, Tlacopan will be yours.

Thanks, I hope it will. :) I've indeed had two very near misses so far (along with a multitude of claims that I didn't expect to succeed), hopefully third time's the charm. I'm not going to stop trying, after all if I do then I won't have anything going on that could help me expand. Also, it actually becomes easier to do as I generally don't need diplomats or cash for anything else anymore.

I'll go into specifics in the next update IIRC, but we'll still see some surprises in Central America...

Looks like it's watching, waiting and smacking down rebels for the forseeable future.

Close enough - not much watching going on. I actually read a book and only glance at the screen when I hear a sound. :eek:o

Losing Shipibo as a city is annoying, but at least it wasn't one of the gold or diamond producing provinces.

This. I fear for Tumbes - it's been hit a couple of times and is down to just over a thousand people. But so far so good thankfully.

Tenochtitlan losing the Blessings of God is really big news. Now you'll stand a much better chance in Central America even if you only manage to snag a minor.

I counted 25 provinces added to the empire under Tupac Yupanqui - that will make for some nice coring in the coming decades.

Yes, as the conquest took about 60 years, we're already in the coring stage and they should roll in steadily.

BoG does make a big difference. The effect of Tenochtitlan losing it was really noticeable.

Congratulations on achieving tribal unity. It really sucks that you can't build any ships to voyage up north but at least you'll be cored and (semi) stable when the Euros arrive.

Thanks. :) I trust that the (semi) can be removed from that sentence. ;)

I just wonder... How are you ever going to get to central America if you can't build ships??

Can you almost westernise to something that isn't western or something?

Not without more advanced neighbors... I'm playing the marriage game and claiming thrones like there's no tomorrow, but I haven't been lucky yet.

Very well done having defeated all other nations in South America, rebel whacking should be a bit of a chore now. Nonetheless, the reign of Huayna Capac I looks very promising, hopefully he continues with his hedonistic ways.

Thanks! Yeah, a tiger can't change its stripes, can it? :D

However, you should never underestimate natives!

I hope that will end up including "non-native" Native Americans in the Europeans' minds. ;)

Now there's a pretty map. :)
Well done!

Cheers! Looking at that certainly feels like the first part of this game is done.

Excellent stuff - presumably as you core and the rebel problems die away you'll be in amuch stronger financial position.

Thanks, yes that's what I expect. It's going to be correct religion (after all, only two provinces to convert), correct culture group and in large parts accepted culture.

How much cultural assimilation goes on in this mod - can you culturally unify those provinces at all? (you've had two provinces so far IIRC).

There's considerably less of it than in vanilla. I've been lucky to get the two.

Great AAR, but who will you go to war with now?

Glad that you like it! :) I'll go to war with whoever shows up within my reach. I'm not picky. :D

Now it's going to be boring until the Europeans show up.

Indeed - see the first part of my answer to Dewirix...

Europe, in an attempt to moc you will invade with ships.

I heartily welcome that kind of mocking! :D

Seems that New World powers are much richer than vanilla - which is how it should be, as the wealth and tech gap between the Europeans and the natives wasn't so great.

We demand an update or do i have to ''assault'' your apparment whit my unchirstian hardy seaman army :)

I laugh at your empty threats. ;) Or to be serious: I'm going to continue the policy of two posts a week, generally one during the week and the other during the weekend whenever I can. It simply feels like a better idea to post like that and let the complete updates accumulate when I have more time to play and write. Because I believe it's better to update twice a week regularly than to update every day for two weeks and then have a two month break as I have no updates and no time to make one. ;)

You'll get your wish soon enough though, I'm guessing tomorrow.

Some nasty natural disasters but you got your united south America... Your economy and rebel situation will only keep on improving.

True. After all, it's less than 50 years now until everything is cored, right religion and at least same culture group. That should be very stable, so I'd have nothing to worry about other than the nature. :D

Seems that New World powers are much richer than vanilla - which is how it should be, as the wealth and tech gap between the Europeans and the natives wasn't so great.

True. Also, I don't intend to roll over when they come. ;)

Maybe conquer lands that requires no dow? :p

I'm not following?

The Europeans will certainly show at a time most inconvienient.

I'm not sure there is an inconvenient time when it comes to that! :D They'd be most welcome.

I took a world map when I finished South America (I intended to post my region of that map but made the combined map instead) and couldn't help noticing that Portugal has done a good amount of colonizing of Atlantic islands...

I'm guessing tomorrow.

This (the tomorrow here is today) unfortunately failed - seems that I either misplaced or accidentally deleted the images for the next chapter (there are some flash drive adventures going on, I'll explain tomorrow), and I didn't have time to redo all today. I have the original screenshots though and will finish the images and post the update in the morning as it's too late to do it now.

Some feedback:

You've grown big, I'm so proud of you. :p

Hehe, thanks! :)

Snifff....

Umm, aren't you kind of making my point here regarding the threats being empty? ;)

Yeyyyy i like sound of that but remember i stil got my hardy unchristian sea man army waiting for you....

I'll be careful, I promise! :D (Where can you get that kind of an army? I want one too!)

Hopefully you can make both Americas Cuzcoian by the end of the game.

That's definitely something I've been thinking of since the start. I'll certainly aim for it.

This (the tomorrow here is today) unfortunately failed - seems that I either misplaced or accidentally deleted the images for the next chapter (there are some flash drive adventures going on, I'll explain tomorrow), and I didn't have time to redo all today. I have the original screenshots though and will finish the images and post the update in the morning as it's too late to do it now.

Oh well, you're deleting got out of hand did it...At least you still have the originals which turned out better than not having anything at all.

Oh well, you're deleting got out of hand did it...At least you still have the originals which turned out better than not having anything at all.

Yeah, I always keep the originals until I've posted the update they're for, just in case. It now turned out to be a good policy. ;)

The reason I've been moving files around (and apparently losing some along the way) is that I'll be out of town for a job interview for some time, and I'm taking the AAR files with me as I'm hoping to update at some point. That said, the next week isn't guaranteed to have the normal two updates: I should be able to post one late in the week, but the other depends on internet access. I know I'll certainly have internet access, but I don't know if I can post: if it's some kind of a kiosk setup, then I might not be able to access the flash drive.

But no matter what, one update is coming out pretty much now. ;)

Chapter Fifteen
1415-1425

Now that Cuzco owns all of South America, general Ronpa finds the goals of his life fulfilled and promptly dies.

To quote a certain Scotsman, Huayna Capac continues with his hedonistic ways in September. This time, he picks an ever worse time and place.

17_01.jpg

When 1416 arrives, I use some of the census taxes to fund missionaries in both Huilliche and Mapuche (which unfortunately was converted back to Pantheism).

I get a slider move in May and use it to go the final required step Centralized (we're at zero now and get to -2 when we form Inca Empire).

In the beginning of 1417, another census tax windfall is used to construct Ballistas in all provinces that lacked them.

In February, we get an event that I'm going to become very familiar with in the next years...

17_02.jpg

No big deal - a pretender stack every now and then doesn't make much of a difference in our sea of rebels.

In June, an interesting war starts in Central America:

17_03.jpg

It's Uxmal and Tlacopan against Tenochtitlan and Mixtecalt (Uxmal DoWed Mixtecalt). While Tenochtitlan looks bigger, it's important to remember that they don't have Blessings of God anymore, while Tlacopan does. This leads to Tlacopan having over 60000 troops while Tenochtitlan only has about half of that.

You can also see that Tlacopan annexed their vassal Acolhua (the western "half" of Tlacopan), which I mentioned in the previous update but didn't show.

Back in South America, general Tucuycuyche shows that his maneuver stat is useful enough for it to be worthwhile to spell his name. Being able to defend after the initial win against pretty much any stack makes an enormous difference when it comes to handling the rebels.

I decide to expand my army a little bit and the new regiments are done by early 1418. This leads to quite a sight:

17_04.jpg

This won't last as Delhi and France both normally operate at around 100000 men, and Tlacopan also typically has more than us. However, it's a nice little accomplishment at this point and shows how far we've come from the humble tribe at the beginning.

In February, more fortification damage is fixed by establishing an engineering bureau, this time in Ica.

In April, the original troublemakers make peace:

17_05.jpg

The OPM Mixtecalt is out of the war, while Uxmal still fights with Tlacopan against Tenochtitlan.

During the same month, Cuzco loses some more people.

17_06.jpg

Another house of peace event fires in July, and in October we get the other type of event in the same vein.

17_07.jpg

By May 1419, Tenochtitlan is down to 13000 men. This has the potential to turn ugly.

Also in May, another "Emperor shows weakness" event gives a whopping 16 rebel regiments in Vilcabamba. However, we deal with them with superior leadership: Quizo wins the initial battle and Tucuycuyche successfully chases.

We get consecutive house of peace events in late August and early September, but those rebellions are small. With the amount of rebels we have, some armies have to wait around before attacking for generals to become available.

I don't think I'll mention these events anymore - they're quite common and don't really differ from ordinary rebellions.

Quizo dies in November and is replaced by a not too special guy.

17_08.jpg

By the end of the year inflation has been worked down to 2. I decide to mint a little for a while as the treasury has been running very low.

In February 1420, the Nazca provinces core.

17_09.jpg

Later in the month, tragedy strikes.

17_10.jpg

That's bad, he was a good one. Also, the local nobility is in danger as the next in line for our throne is a Tlacopan noble.

Better news come days later.

17_11.jpg

This bodes well for more major cultures - Nazca is pretty minor and we get it accepted nevertheless.

In late April, Uxmal accepts white peace with Tenochtitlan, ending the war. Tenochtitlan is saved here by the fact that Uxmal led the alliance, not Tlacopan.

17_12.jpg

In July, we get interesting news:

17_13.jpg

Okay, who the heck was trying to expand our trade in Lübeck? No wonder it failed, I mean we don't even know how to sail, let alone have any idea where Lübeck is! I guess the culprits are the same people who leak Huayna Capac's misconducts to the Europeans.

A mission succeeds in February 1421.

17_14.jpg

Tlacopan was a bit expensive to bribe... The next mission is to convert Huilliche, which we're already trying to do.

After about twelve and a half years on the throne, Huayna Capac surprisingly dies in July 1421. That's sad, he had interesting hobbies... Come to think of it, those might have something to do with dying surprisingly.

17_15.jpg

In the end, the will to continue the Hanan dynasty no matter the cost leads to a total loser rising to the throne. Tupac Yupanqui II is hardly worthy of his name.

17_16.jpg

A small celebration (costs around 50 ducats, no other effects) is deemed suitable for such an unremarkable ruler.

We're now hit by the tribal tax penalty again due to Tupac Yupanqui's poor stats. However, as a small consolation, he does have the Flamboyant Schemer trait (+2.5 % prestige, +0.2 diplomats).

Our six-star forcelimit/manpower guy Phaksi dies in November 1422 after a nice 66 years of service. He's replaced by an army reformer of questionable skills.

17_17.jpg

We'll have to get a better advisor eventually, but for now, at least the bonus categories are good.

In July 1423, it's apparent that losing the Blessings of God modifier has had more of an effect on Tenochtitlan than anyone would have guessed, as they are broken by rebels.

17_18.jpg

With an independent Acolhua (they sure move a lot) getting most of Tenochtitlan's western part and a province lost to Mixtecalt, Tenochtitlan is left with only the capital and some eastern non-core provinces.

Huilliche converts in October - we get 2 prestige from the completed mission.

In early 1425, OPM Teotitlan declares independence from Uxmal, while Tlacopan is running into rebel trouble after losing Blessings of God...

17_19.jpg

Umm, aren't you kind of making my point here regarding the threats being empty? ;)

Noo..... I think..... Ok.... No.... No im not making your point...

I'll be careful, I promise! :D (Where can you get that kind of an army? I want one too!)

You better be... And that army was just taking some sun (What you can rarely see in Finland) at the beach until me whit my super strenght caught them and closed them in my basement